Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Uthgardts Tribes
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Waldham
Seeker

83 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  16:29:51  Show Profile  Visit Waldham's Homepage Send Waldham a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello, I search informations on the following tribes :
Blue Bear, Great Worm, Griffon, Tree Ghost and Thunderbeast.

I know the Silver Marches and Faith and Pantheons in 3rd edition, but there are none or litte informations.

Are there other books with informations or official articles on the site of WotC ? If yes, can you indicate me where I must search, please ?

I search in particularly a tribe linked to fiend, I believe that it's the case for the Blue Bear Tribe because I will like a barbarian with a rage as a possession by a fiend.

Thanks for your future answer.

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1155 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  16:34:35  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know that the Blue Bear tribe had something to do with Hellsgate Keep in the High Forest. If i'm not mistaken they were lead to evil by a fiend and were pretty much destroyed with the fall of Hellsgate Keep.

That information i found in the North boxed set which is available for free in the WoTC website. I'm not sure if the Volo's Guide to the North had any mention of the tribes you are looking for...

Go to Top of Page

Ayunken-vanzan
Senior Scribe

Germany
657 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  17:01:30  Show Profile  Visit Ayunken-vanzan's Homepage Send Ayunken-vanzan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Worm, Griffon, Tree Ghost, and Thunderbeast tribe are described very brief in the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, p. 168.

There is a tome of 2ed. lore freely downloadable at WotC called “The North”: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frx/20050428a
which has a much richer description of the different tribes. It contains even some lore about the Blue Bear tribe which was aligned with Hellgate Keep (section “History”, p. 14-15). There is not much left of them (p. 19).

Edit: Volo's Guide to the North contains only a single sentence on p. 207:

quote:
It [= Jalanthar] is often raided by orcs and the evil Blue Bear barbarian tribe, which is allied with Hellgate Keep.

"What mattered our lives now? When our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring."
Elender Stormfall of Suzail

"Anyone can kill deities, cause plagues, or destroy organizations. It takes real skill to make them live on."
Varl

FR/D&D-Links 2ed Downloads

Edited by - Ayunken-vanzan on 23 May 2007 17:06:20
Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  17:25:12  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think there's more on the Blue Bear tribe's later history in Ruins of Hellgate Keep - and even more on the remains of the tribe in Son of Thunder (a novel).

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  17:25:28  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by questing gm

I know that the Blue Bear tribe had something to do with Hellsgate Keep in the High Forest. If i'm not mistaken they were lead to evil by a fiend and were pretty much destroyed with the fall of Hellsgate Keep.

That information i found in the North boxed set which is available for free in the WoTC website. I'm not sure if the Volo's Guide to the North had any mention of the tribes you are looking for...

There's more information on a survivor of the Blue Bear tribe in City of Splendors: Waterdeep.

In addition, you can find some here:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=dnd/mc/mc20010829h

For more information on the Thunderbeast tribe, read "Son of Thunder", by Murray Leeder.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 23 May 2007 17:26:08
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2007 :  16:59:12  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Material on the Tree Ghosts in Son of Thunder as well (and perhaps just a bit on the Blue Bears -- one of the tribe's survivors puts in a brief appearance). You may also want to look at my web story "The Bones of the Beast" for info on the Uthgardts' history.

Edited by - Murray Leeder on 25 May 2007 17:04:53
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000