Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dark Alliance II: who will you play first
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  23:06:23  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Easy one this, which character will you play first out of the 5. There is a prize for the first person who doesn't pick the Drow!

Guns don't kill people, magic missiles do.

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2004 :  23:17:37  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings!!

Warning: This topic contains a load of smilies.

How about this: I am not going too play ANYONE that I cant make self.. What do you think of that? Huh? Huh?
I think it Stinks that you cant make your own charackter. I really hate it. It was an disipontment.

Cant you hear me?

Disipooooinnnnntmmmeeenntttt.
:: Runs crying out of the topic::

Learn about the Ways of Vhaeraun .
- Check out my bio, majore update
- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

mr.lee
Seeker

Norway
69 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  11:08:44  Show Profile  Visit mr.lee's Homepage Send mr.lee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did'nt even know there was a Dark Alliance II!
Pick the Drow!

If I'd wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was.
Go to Top of Page

mr.lee
Seeker

Norway
69 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  11:10:54  Show Profile  Visit mr.lee's Homepage Send mr.lee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A note to your signature, Valdar:
Quiet now, lest you feel my gun
haha, only joking.

If I'd wanted your opinion, I'd have told you what it was.
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  12:00:25  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:: Ezindir returns in a little better mood ::
HaHa!!
Good one mr. Lee, and I dident pick the drow, whats the price?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  21:02:47  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
True, True. Still I bet that it is one of the best games out this year.
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

Greetings!!

Warning: This topic contains a load of smilies.

How about this: I am not going too play ANYONE that I cant make self.. What do you think of that? Huh? Huh?
I think it Stinks that you cant make your own charackter. I really hate it. It was an disipontment.

Cant you hear me?

Disipooooinnnnntmmmeeenntttt.
:: Runs crying out of the topic::

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  21:04:16  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, it's out in 12 days and all the reviews that I have read have been very good.
quote:
Originally posted by mr.lee

I did'nt even know there was a Dark Alliance II!
Pick the Drow!

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2004 :  21:06:45  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the prize is a beautiful onyx figurine carved in the likeness of..... the winner of pop idol- sorry I was struggling to think of a more worthless familiar
quote:

HaHa!!

Edited by - Valdar Oakensong on 25 Jan 2004 21:07:23
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  20:48:59  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Necromancers ownz all of you, and your vulgar Melee-combat.

Stuff that in your pipe and smoke it.

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2004 :  21:59:58  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

the prize is a beautiful onyx figurine carved in the likeness of..... the winner of pop idol- sorry I was struggling to think of a more worthless familiar
quote:

HaHa!!

Hey thats an great insult, the idol winner was from Norway, Lol, or is pop idol somthing else then World-idol, bah it is just too many of these shows.
Anyway, he is not that bad if you listen to the other idol people from Norway, but they would have been more usefull in battle tought, as they could kill monsters with their song. Lol again.

And I think that hack'n slach should have nothing with the Realms too do, expesally when you even cant make your own charackter.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  12:48:30  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey! Don't offend Kurt! Teach him a ballad or two and he will serve as a great Bard, my good man. Great Bard, I tell you

Ec'Thelion, formerly known as Forgotten One, now known as Ec'Thelion the Overpowered.
Currently not all that active. I'm preoccupied with Warcraft III for the moment. Bite me :P
Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  13:17:49  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, and he would fit right in too the realms too, since he look like a hobbit that is.
And I was actually talking about Gaute and spesially David .

But what do you think of the realms making a hack'n slash game?

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  13:57:39  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well... them already having made TWO OF THEM I think that this question might be a little late. (Icewind Dale, anybody?)

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  14:14:32  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about Icewind dale?
I think it is one of the best Bioware games, the story anyway.

And I was not a member here when the first dark alliance came out, and I dident remember too ask when I became one.
So? What do you think?

- The Wanderers Quest

Edited by - Ezindir the dark on 27 Jan 2004 14:15:13
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  14:20:36  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erhm... Icewind Dale is Hack 'n Slash. It's hack 'n slash with a little bit of chatting with other peopel to give it depth

What I think about it? I don't mind. Keep up the good work, I say!

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  14:37:10  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hack'n slash? No its not, its the same type of game as BG, they do role dices there, its just roleplaying on the computer alone.

And you do not chat with people if you play it alone.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  14:47:01  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erhm... with the characters in the game, then. Allow me to re-phrase my statement.

"Erhm... Icewind Dale is Hack 'n Slash. It's hack 'n slash with a little bit of chatting with NPCs to give it depth " There.

quote:
Hack'n slash? No its not, its the same type of game as BG

Dude... it's hack 'n slash. The entire point of Icewind Dale is to kill stuff. Baldur's Gate was a bit more roleplay, and you coud somewhat decide what you were goign to do. You an do no such thing in IWD.

It lacks several things that BG has. Characters that join your party, for a big one. You can't do anytihng that doesn't have anything to do with the plot, except for a few minor dialouge-only quests in the settlements. I'd say that IWD is more ofa mix between Diablo and BG, then a good copy of BG. It was made to be a Hack 'n slash and that's what they made, too. A Hack 'n slash with a good story, but a hack 'n slash nonetheless.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  15:12:24  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dont really now soo much about whats hack'n slash and not, but it is not hack'n slash like diablo and Dark alliance, becouse you can make your own carackter and it decsides how much damage you doo becouse of your strenght and soo on.
Basicly it is just roleplaying, alone, or with others, with the PC sorting out your damage and soo on. And anyway, it is not pure hack'n Slash as ir is more like roleplaying.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  17:25:05  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dark Alliance has stats as well, and they actually affect the game. You can roleplay there, as well. Either as a human archer, or a Elf Wizard, or a Dwarven Fighter.

That you can make your own character is not a prequest for roleplay, my good man. If you really want to start defining games you could end up sayign that Diablo II is a roleplaying Game (wich soem do), as you take on the role of one of the characters, and so on and so forth.

If your looking for a game that is *pure* hack 'n slash you need to go way back to the really old First Person Shooters, or soemthing liek that, but then again, even *there* you took on the role of somebody else.

What's the difference here? The difference between roleplay and not roleplay we could say is that in Roleplay the rol you play actaulyl somehow effects the game. Well. In IWD it does not. The only difference between the INT, WIS, and the characters there is a few Dialouge choises, that do not affect the game anything whatsoever. I've only seen one time where a INT, WIS or CHA stat affects the game and that in ins HOW where the barbarians spare you if you have high CHA the first time you meet them.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  17:32:21  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You probably are rigth.
I never really tought about it , but I still think dark alliance dont live up too the Realms.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  19:50:59  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think that both of you are correct in some ways, DA is not a "proper" RPG but there are some elements in it. The important thing is it was a decent game to play and the developers didn't do the usual of putting a popular brand name onto a crap game.
quote:

You probably are rigth.
I never really tought about it , but I still think dark alliance dont live up too the Realms.

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  20:58:54  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, but when I think about it a classical Realms game wouldent work soo well on PS2 so they are forgiven. But I think you should be able too make your charackter anyway.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  21:11:50  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Making your own character is half the fun. I seriously doubt the potential of any game that won't let you do it.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2004 :  22:57:36  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Try seriously dubting the potential of Diablo II. I'm pretty shure more peopel play that than peopel play BG (shame, really.)

quote:

I think that both of you are correct in some ways, DA is not a "proper" RPG but there are some elements in it. The important thing is it was a decent game to play and the developers didn't do the usual of putting a popular brand name onto a crap game.

But will they do it now? We never know...

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  21:44:37  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's another view point, more people have PS2 and XBOX than have a PC so if they buy and like DA2 they will look into other FR games and then become true lovers of the Realms

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 30 Jan 2004 :  21:47:14  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here's another view point, more people have PS2 and XBOX than have a PC so if they buy and like DA2 they will look into other FR games and then become true lovers of the Realms

Are you on drugs, man?

I'm pretty shure that the number of people that have PC outnumber the people that have XBOX, NITENDO and PS1 & 2 combined.

Go to Top of Page

Valdar Oakensong
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
159 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2004 :  22:38:10  Show Profile Send Valdar Oakensong a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just booze at the moment thanks. More people over here have a console at home than a PC and PC gaming is not very popular amongst the people I know. Norway must be very cheap to buy a PC...Bed time now
quote:
Originally posted by EcThelion

quote:

Are you on drugs, man?

I'm pretty shure that the number of people that have PC outnumber the people that have XBOX, NITENDO and PS1 & 2 combined.

Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2004 :  02:38:36  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing is cheap in Norway :P

Go to Top of Page

jebeddo
Seeker

Canada
69 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2004 :  22:46:03  Show Profile  Visit jebeddo's Homepage Send jebeddo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I really hate how that the mages don't memorize spells but instead use spell points though!!! I wanna memorize spells!!!! After all, I am an illusionist!

"Only half-orcs rush in where devas fear to tread."
Go to Top of Page

EcThelion
Learned Scribe

Norway
323 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  09:45:19  Show Profile  Visit EcThelion's Homepage Send EcThelion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Illusionists are puny, and weak. Invokers own u any day!

Go to Top of Page

Ezindir the dark
Senior Scribe

Norway
603 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2004 :  10:39:38  Show Profile  Visit Ezindir the dark's Homepage Send Ezindir the dark a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EcThelion

Illusionists are puny, and weak.

And usally Gnomes.
But you are right, Illusonist very often are cowards who hides in illusions, like Pombad in IwD 1.

- The Wanderers Quest

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000