Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Dark Alliance II: who will you play first

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]
Rolling Eyes [8|] Confused [?!:] Help [?:] King [3|:]
Laughing [:OD] What [W] Oooohh [:H] Down [:E]

Check here to include your profile signature.
Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 24 Jan 2004 : 23:06:23
Easy one this, which character will you play first out of the 5. There is a prize for the first person who doesn't pick the Drow!
30   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
jebeddo Posted - 04 May 2004 : 03:05:44
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

quote:
Originally posted by EcThelion

Illusionists are puny, and weak.

And usally Gnomes.
But you are right, Illusonist very often are cowards who hides in illusions, like Pombad in IwD 1.

Hey! I'm an illusionist and a gnome!!! And illusionists are cool as any evoker, with our mirror image and greater invisiblity spells (combined, I'm ashamed to admit, with a couple of good ol' fireballs) you're as good as toast!
Ezindir the dark Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 10:38:48
quote:

Well. So can the invoker, my good man. I can just summon forth a hudge meteor to decimate entire legoins of Drow Warriors.

Hey I noticed this now, havn't I told you that it is most hounereble elf or master elf if you prefer.
Winterfox Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 08:35:01
quote:
Originally posted by Valdar Oakensong

Just booze at the moment thanks. More people over here have a console at home than a PC and PC gaming is not very popular amongst the people I know. Norway must be very cheap to buy a PC...Bed time now

Just the fact that even XBox gamers have to use a computer to post in forums should tell you something. You can't exactly surf the 'Net with a XBox or a PS2, can you? I, too, am pretty sure that just about every household owns a PC or two -- I own two PCs and a laptop in this country, two more PCs in another -- but not everyone owns a XBox, PS2, or a GameCube. For sheer practical purposes: you can't run a word processor on a console, and nor do you need a television to plug your PC in.

However, if you want to ask how many people have PCs with the horsepower to run games like KotOR at maximum eyecandy and laugh at it, that would be another story altogether. I'm talking about something with specs in the range of 2GHz, 512 DDR RAM, and a decent video card -- GeForce 4, Radeon 9200 -- at least. Most office computers are around 1GHz and have no 3D accelerator. I'll bet you anything that the latter kind outnumbers owned XBox or PS2 any time of any given day.

I also note that PC gaming seems to be somewhat more popular among older (25+) people, whereas console gamers are mostly teens to early twenties. And most females I know play console games with varying frequencies, but few of them ever touch the PC games aside from The Sims. Strange that.
EcThelion Posted - 24 Feb 2004 : 05:34:53
Let's all just be Diviners!
Ezindir the dark Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 18:34:46
I know what you are saying and I agree, but it is cool to be a neutral necromancer... Much cooler then Evoker.
EcThelion Posted - 21 Feb 2004 : 18:32:20
Evil isn't nessecarily cool.

Evil stopped being cool when I was around 12. Now it's cool to be something in the middle.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 12 Feb 2004 : 17:18:48
Well, the Necromancer can do that to so.... Its just that Necromancer is so much darker, mystical and more evil then invoker, so I think it is cooler.
EcThelion Posted - 12 Feb 2004 : 12:00:51
Well. So can the invoker, my good man. I can just summon forth a hudge meteor to decimate entire legoins of Drow Warriors.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 11 Feb 2004 : 20:45:52
Huh, I dont care, cuz I can make 100 goblins die by just movinng my hand and wisper a magical word.
EcThelion Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 20:11:16
The Necromancer can't even cast Mirror Image! Like, the best defensive spell in all of BG1!!! Shure, the Invoker Can't cast Charm, but who cares, huh?!
Ezindir the dark Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 19:53:51
Bah, you ove all to the Necromancer. He are the best.
EcThelion Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 17:39:31
I actually never figured out how kill kill him the 'right way'. Good thing my INVOKER/(fighter) was powerful enough to sustain the punishment he got from the Strange Armour-creatures, and cast a ****load of Abi-Dalzim's, Fireballs, Sunfire, Chain Lightning, etc, to kill him off, anyway.

Eventually there was just 1 left! Then there was none...
Ezindir the dark Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 10:39:38
quote:

Illusionists are puny, and weak.

And usally Gnomes.
But you are right, Illusonist very often are cowards who hides in illusions, like Pombad in IwD 1.
EcThelion Posted - 10 Feb 2004 : 09:45:19
Illusionists are puny, and weak. Invokers own u any day!
jebeddo Posted - 09 Feb 2004 : 22:46:03

I really hate how that the mages don't memorize spells but instead use spell points though!!! I wanna memorize spells!!!! After all, I am an illusionist!
EcThelion Posted - 08 Feb 2004 : 02:38:36
Nothing is cheap in Norway :P
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 03 Feb 2004 : 22:38:10
Just booze at the moment thanks. More people over here have a console at home than a PC and PC gaming is not very popular amongst the people I know. Norway must be very cheap to buy a PC...Bed time now
quote:

quote:

Here's another view point, more people have PS2 and XBOX than have a PC so if they buy and like DA2 they will look into other FR games and then become true lovers of the Realms

Are you on drugs, man?

I'm pretty shure that the number of people that have PC outnumber the people that have XBOX, NITENDO and PS1 & 2 combined.

EcThelion Posted - 30 Jan 2004 : 21:47:14
quote:

Here's another view point, more people have PS2 and XBOX than have a PC so if they buy and like DA2 they will look into other FR games and then become true lovers of the Realms

Are you on drugs, man?

I'm pretty shure that the number of people that have PC outnumber the people that have XBOX, NITENDO and PS1 & 2 combined.
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 30 Jan 2004 : 21:44:37
EcThelion Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 22:57:36
Try seriously dubting the potential of Diablo II. I'm pretty shure more peopel play that than peopel play BG (shame, really.)

quote:

I think that both of you are correct in some ways, DA is not a "proper" RPG but there are some elements in it. The important thing is it was a decent game to play and the developers didn't do the usual of putting a popular brand name onto a crap game.

But will they do it now? We never know...
Shadowlord Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 21:11:50
Making your own character is half the fun. I seriously doubt the potential of any game that won't let you do it.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 20:58:54
Indeed, but when I think about it a classical Realms game wouldent work soo well on PS2 so they are forgiven. But I think you should be able too make your charackter anyway.
Valdar Oakensong Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 19:50:59
I think that both of you are correct in some ways, DA is not a "proper" RPG but there are some elements in it. The important thing is it was a decent game to play and the developers didn't do the usual of putting a popular brand name onto a crap game.
quote:
Originally posted by Ezindir the dark

You probably are rigth.
I never really tought about it , but I still think dark alliance dont live up too the Realms.

Ezindir the dark Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 17:32:21
You probably are rigth.
I never really tought about it , but I still think dark alliance dont live up too the Realms.
EcThelion Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 17:25:05
Dark Alliance has stats as well, and they actually affect the game. You can roleplay there, as well. Either as a human archer, or a Elf Wizard, or a Dwarven Fighter.

That you can make your own character is not a prequest for roleplay, my good man. If you really want to start defining games you could end up sayign that Diablo II is a roleplaying Game (wich soem do), as you take on the role of one of the characters, and so on and so forth.

If your looking for a game that is *pure* hack 'n slash you need to go way back to the really old First Person Shooters, or soemthing liek that, but then again, even *there* you took on the role of somebody else.

What's the difference here? The difference between roleplay and not roleplay we could say is that in Roleplay the rol you play actaulyl somehow effects the game. Well. In IWD it does not. The only difference between the INT, WIS, and the characters there is a few Dialouge choises, that do not affect the game anything whatsoever. I've only seen one time where a INT, WIS or CHA stat affects the game and that in ins HOW where the barbarians spare you if you have high CHA the first time you meet them.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 15:12:24
Dont really now soo much about whats hack'n slash and not, but it is not hack'n slash like diablo and Dark alliance, becouse you can make your own carackter and it decsides how much damage you doo becouse of your strenght and soo on.
Basicly it is just roleplaying, alone, or with others, with the PC sorting out your damage and soo on. And anyway, it is not pure hack'n Slash as ir is more like roleplaying.
EcThelion Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 14:47:01
Erhm... with the characters in the game, then. Allow me to re-phrase my statement.

"Erhm... Icewind Dale is Hack 'n Slash. It's hack 'n slash with a little bit of chatting with NPCs to give it depth " There.

quote:
Hack'n slash? No its not, its the same type of game as BG

Dude... it's hack 'n slash. The entire point of Icewind Dale is to kill stuff. Baldur's Gate was a bit more roleplay, and you coud somewhat decide what you were goign to do. You an do no such thing in IWD.

It lacks several things that BG has. Characters that join your party, for a big one. You can't do anytihng that doesn't have anything to do with the plot, except for a few minor dialouge-only quests in the settlements. I'd say that IWD is more ofa mix between Diablo and BG, then a good copy of BG. It was made to be a Hack 'n slash and that's what they made, too. A Hack 'n slash with a good story, but a hack 'n slash nonetheless.
Ezindir the dark Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 14:37:10
Hack'n slash? No its not, its the same type of game as BG, they do role dices there, its just roleplaying on the computer alone.

And you do not chat with people if you play it alone.
EcThelion Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 14:20:36
Erhm... Icewind Dale is Hack 'n Slash. It's hack 'n slash with a little bit of chatting with other peopel to give it depth

What I think about it? I don't mind. Keep up the good work, I say!
Ezindir the dark Posted - 27 Jan 2004 : 14:14:32
What about Icewind dale?
I think it is one of the best Bioware games, the story anyway.

And I was not a member here when the first dark alliance came out, and I dident remember too ask when I became one.
So? What do you think?

Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000