Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 FR novel characters and regions you miss the most
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
379 Posts

Posted - 17 Mar 2021 :  00:53:55  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eayottes

Elaine C. is probably the only FR author I didn’t explore. You guys are sparking my interest. Where should I start?

Wow, you are in for a treat! Her main characters are particularly memorable & well-rounded.

From the Songs & Swords trilogy: Arilyn & Danilo

From the Starlight and Shadows trilogy: Liriel, Fyodor, Thorn and Sharlarra.

Also, Evermeet is pretty awesome too.

Other novel characters that I'd like to see more of:

Sinnafain & Doum'wielle

Dahlia Sin"felle

Galaeron & Keya Nihmedu, Morgwais & Takari.

Ilsevele Miritar, Fflar & Araevin.

Edited by - BenN on 17 Mar 2021 00:55:35
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  02:11:49  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I disliked 4e, there were some good novels written during that time, such as Shadowbane, Chosen of Nendawen, and Unbroken Chain. All of these novels felt unfinished. Not in the sense of bad writing, but in the sense that the authors had likely planned to write more, but then weren't able to. But I wish they could revisit these stories and characters.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Seeker

Brazil
95 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2021 :  13:46:56  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to read more stories from the Uskreven family, the Sembia series was a pleasant surprise. Unlike what I imagined, the best books in the series were from the characters I expected least. I would also like more stories from Galvin, the druid of Red Magic (Jean Rabe, Harper Series) ... I have never seen a druid use powers in such a cool way. Some seamanship stories wouldn't be bad either.

"Surely you recognize that armies carrying banners are almost always thieves—until they win."
Jarlaxle, mercenary leader of Bregan D'aerthe.
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1160 Posts

Posted - 04 May 2021 :  23:34:04  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I miss all the characters created by Jeff Grubb/Kate Novak (Alias/Finder/Olive/Giogi/Dragonbait/Joel/Holly/Cat)
I miss the Simbul
I miss Artus Cimber
Danilo, solo...sorry Arilyn fans.
Go to Top of Page

Renin
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2021 :  18:36:28  Show Profile Send Renin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All of Elaine Cunningham's work.

I'd like a thematic sequel to Elves of Evermeet and see the Tree of Life be planted and watch that grow in stories and characters.

I highly enjoyed Odom's trilogy set in Chondath, and would have welcomed more of series like that.

Such as...a trilogy in the Moonsea region!
Go to Top of Page

LukasJP
Acolyte

Denmark
3 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2021 :  16:48:20  Show Profile Send LukasJP a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A whole bunch, mostly from the 1st-2nd Edition days. Tristan, Azoun, and Khelben come to mind, but also more recent "disappearances" like the Simbul of course.
Go to Top of Page

Captain Grafalcon
Seeker

Brazil
95 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2021 :  23:14:05  Show Profile Send Captain Grafalcon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin

I miss all the characters created by Jeff Grubb/Kate Novak (Alias/Finder/Olive/Giogi/Dragonbait/Joel/Holly/Cat)
I miss the Simbul
I miss Artus Cimber
Danilo, solo...sorry Arilyn fans.

I finished The Ring of Winter recently, it's a shame we don't have more material for Artus Cimber's adventures. I think Lowder's character development work is one of the best.

"Surely you recognize that armies carrying banners are almost always thieves—until they win."
Jarlaxle, mercenary leader of Bregan D'aerthe.
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
146 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2021 :  02:58:14  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would love to go back to Cormanthyr and Myth Drannor (in whatever state it's in) and hear more stories about Ilsevele and Fflar.

I feel this old tweet from Ed:

“I open the pages of a favorite book
When I’ve an hour or three
And characters that are worth a second look
Walk and talk with me”

-- Ed Greenwood on Twittter, May 27th, 2016

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Artstation Portfolio

Edited by - Adhriva on 11 Jun 2021 03:00:08
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000