Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

 All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Best 2e supplements?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
35998 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2021 :  23:14:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Non-Forgotten Realms books, basically all of the Planescape stuff, especially On Hallowed Ground, and monster guides (I Tyrant, The Illithiad, Draconomicon)



I have the three Planescape Monstrous Compendiums and the four main box sets (still sealed, no less). Let me tell you...acquiring those last four products was a year-long endeavor.



Yeah, I had a hard time getting my hands on On Hallowed Ground, myself.

Oddly, one of the most difficult things to find, when I was replacing everything, was The Dungeon of Death. It just wasn't available anywhere, and people paid a lot when it was. I managed to get Kidnapped more quickly and easily than that one. (Of course, once I finally got it, they became more available)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2021 :  01:09:03  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Non-Forgotten Realms books, basically all of the Planescape stuff, especially On Hallowed Ground, and monster guides (I Tyrant, The Illithiad, Draconomicon)



I have the three Planescape Monstrous Compendiums and the four main box sets (still sealed, no less). Let me tell you...acquiring those last four products was a year-long endeavor.



Yeah, I had a hard time getting my hands on On Hallowed Ground, myself.


You...you...you lucky son-of-a-gun (angrily waves tiny brass fist).

In all seriousness, thank you for inadvertently dropping a reminder. I once took a look at that book*, but forgot about it when purchasing a New/Like New copy turned out to be a more arduous task than finding the golden apples. A second search conducted a few minutes ago across three major online vendors revealed that all current specimens for sale are Used.

* Yep, I go gaga for gods. Plus, that supplement features aesthetically pleasing renditions of each major pantheon's stomping grounds.

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oddly, one of the most difficult things to find, when I was replacing everything, was The Dungeon of Death. It just wasn't available anywhere, and people paid a lot when it was. I managed to get Kidnapped more quickly and easily than that one. (Of course, once I finally got it, they became more available)



Oh? Why was there a grand replacement? If you don't mind sharing the details, then share away. Also, what is this Dungeon of Death?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
35998 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2021 :  01:49:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert


Yeah, I had a hard time getting my hands on On Hallowed Ground, myself.


You...you...you lucky son-of-a-gun (angrily waves tiny brass fist).

In all seriousness, thank you for inadvertently dropping a reminder. I once took a look at that book*, but forgot about it when purchasing a New/Like New copy turned out to be a more arduous task than finding the golden apples. A second search conducted a few minutes ago across three major online vendors revealed that all current specimens for sale are Used.

* Yep, I go gaga for gods. Plus, that supplement features aesthetically pleasing renditions of each major pantheon's stomping grounds.


Maybe I shouldn't mention that I have two copies...

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oddly, one of the most difficult things to find, when I was replacing everything, was The Dungeon of Death. It just wasn't available anywhere, and people paid a lot when it was. I managed to get Kidnapped more quickly and easily than that one. (Of course, once I finally got it, they became more available)



Oh? Why was there a grand replacement? If you don't mind sharing the details, then share away.


I've discussed it here before, so it's no biggie.

When I moved out of my apartment in 2007, I had something like 90% of the Realms novels, maybe 80% of all other Realms material, every single TSR 1E or 2E hardcover (with the exception of a 2E hardcover that came out late in the game and that I wasn't interested in), and a bunch of other stuff for D&D, BattleTech, Werewolf, and some other games.

I had to put it all in storage.

And then, a few months later, the storage place was struck by lightning and burned to the ground.

So I had to replace everything. I wound up with more FR stuff than I had before, and all of the Al-Qadim and Planescape stuff, too, which I didn't have before. I didn't bother with most of the hardcovers, though I did make a point of finding another copy of the Elric and Cthulhu Deities & Demigods -- got a copy in great shape for a very reasonable price, because I found a seller who didn't know what he had and managed to confirm which version it was without cluing him in.

I replaced all my BattleTech Technical Readouts (all of them -- with and without the Unseen), too, but a lot of other gaming stuff I didn't bother replacing.

I did get a nice insurance payout, too, which helped replace a lot of stuff.

Yes, it drew vacuum, overall, and yes, there was stuff that can never be replaced -- but on the flipside, it was just a storage unit, so it could have been a lot worse.

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Also, what is this Dungeon of Death?



A Forgotten Realms module. Much like the 2 volumes of the Forbidden Sands of Anauroch (a couple hardcover comic books that are rather meh), I got it purely for the sake of completeness.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 11 Oct 2021 01:50:47
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2021 :  20:02:07  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Oddly, one of the most difficult things to find, when I was replacing everything, was The Dungeon of Death. It just wasn't available anywhere, and people paid a lot when it was. I managed to get Kidnapped more quickly and easily than that one. (Of course, once I finally got it, they became more available)



Oh? Why was there a grand replacement? If you don't mind sharing the details, then share away.


I've discussed it here before, so it's no biggie.

When I moved out of my apartment in 2007, I had something like 90% of the Realms novels, maybe 80% of all other Realms material, every single TSR 1E or 2E hardcover (with the exception of a 2E hardcover that came out late in the game and that I wasn't interested in), and a bunch of other stuff for D&D, BattleTech, Werewolf, and some other games.

I had to put it all in storage.

And then, a few months later, the storage place was struck by lightning and burned to the ground.

So I had to replace everything. I wound up with more FR stuff than I had before, and all of the Al-Qadim and Planescape stuff, too, which I didn't have before. I didn't bother with most of the hardcovers, though I did make a point of finding another copy of the Elric and Cthulhu Deities & Demigods -- got a copy in great shape for a very reasonable price, because I found a seller who didn't know what he had and managed to confirm which version it was without cluing him in.

I replaced all my BattleTech Technical Readouts (all of them -- with and without the Unseen), too, but a lot of other gaming stuff I didn't bother replacing.

I did get a nice insurance payout, too, which helped replace a lot of stuff.

Yes, it drew vacuum, overall, and yes, there was stuff that can never be replaced -- but on the flipside, it was just a storage unit, so it could have been a lot worse.


That's a great big "yikes" . Did you ever find the Talassans responsible for this most heinous act of destruction?

Anyhow...I don't suppose fire is the greatest threat here (plenty of rain to go with those potential storms), but an eventual earthquake could do quite a bit of damage. One of these days, I ought to take stock of my gaming material on hand. Did you go through the time-consuming process of cataloging everything you owned (if for no other reason than the sake of claiming an insurance payout)? Did the effort prove worthwhile?

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Also, what is this Dungeon of Death?



A Forgotten Realms module. Much like the 2 volumes of the Forbidden Sands of Anauroch (a couple hardcover comic books that are rather meh), I got it purely for the sake of completeness.



That reminds me...I should pick up the late 1980s/early 1990s Forgotten Realms comics.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
35998 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2021 :  22:53:52  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar



Anyhow...I don't suppose fire is the greatest threat here (plenty of rain to go with those potential storms), but an eventual earthquake could do quite a bit of damage. One of these days, I ought to take stock of my gaming material on hand. Did you go through the time-consuming process of cataloging everything you owned (if for no other reason than the sake of claiming an insurance payout)? Did the effort prove worthwhile?




At the time of the fire, I had everything cataloged, and the insurance payout was nice.

My current cataloging efforts have fallen behind; I need to get back on that, but free time is far more precious than it used to be.

quote:
Originally posted by Azar


That reminds me...I should pick up the late 1980s/early 1990s Forgotten Realms comics.



I loved those comics and heartily recommend them.

They've republished them in 3 or 4 big volumes per title; those collections would likely be easier to find.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1180 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2021 :  23:05:48  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Volo's Guides are probably the best Realms supplements ever.
I think my other faves are Forgotten Realms Adventures (hardback), the Moonsea, Cormyr, and the North Box set.

The comics as Wooly says got re-released about ten years ago in compendium softback sets, they're great. Labelas vs Clangeddin! What's not to love. I also want to get the Avatar series in comic form, just to see it even if I think the Avatar novels were crap.
Go to Top of Page

Fayne
Acolyte

10 Posts

Posted - 30 Oct 2021 :  06:59:13  Show Profile Send Fayne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like the Volo's Guides as well. Both for the information they contained, and the way it was presented. There was plenty of lore to help you make the areas come alive, but it was all given by an unreliable narrator, so you felt free to use it as you choose.
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2021 :  21:05:34  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I finally obtained the AD&D 2e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box set (product no. 1085). Wahoo !

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2021 :  21:30:15  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I finally obtained the AD&D 2e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box set (product no. 1085). Wahoo !


Good place to start :)
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2021 :  23:29:53  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Masked Mage

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I finally obtained the AD&D 2e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box set (product no. 1085). Wahoo !


Good place to start :)



It was a time when Realms were quieter and - dare I say - a good deal more personal/intimate.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
35998 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  01:57:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I finally obtained the AD&D 2e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box set (product no. 1085). Wahoo !



I was so excited when I got my first copy of the OGB... The 2E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting boxed set was announced a month later. I was not yet a Realms junkie, so that actually irked me, at the time!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  04:23:22  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I finally obtained the AD&D 2e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box set (product no. 1085). Wahoo !



I was so excited when I got my first copy of the OGB... The 2E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting boxed set was announced a month later. I was not yet a Realms junkie, so that actually irked me, at the time!



Pardon..."OGB"? Original Game Box, perhaps? Do you mean the grey box with the spear-wielding warrior astride a horse?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
35998 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  05:14:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I finally obtained the AD&D 2e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box set (product no. 1085). Wahoo !



I was so excited when I got my first copy of the OGB... The 2E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting boxed set was announced a month later. I was not yet a Realms junkie, so that actually irked me, at the time!



Pardon..."OGB"? Original Game Box, perhaps? Do you mean the grey box with the spear-wielding warrior astride a horse?



The 1E Forgotten Realms Campaign Set boxed set came -- as you described -- in a grey box with a spear-wielding horseman since dubbed "DŻd Onahorz" (and written up as Yahdi al Alamat, by George Krashos) on the cover.

This box has become known as the "Old Grey Box" or OGB.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2367 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  06:25:23  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

I finally obtained the AD&D 2e Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting box set (product no. 1085). Wahoo !



I was so excited when I got my first copy of the OGB... The 2E Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting boxed set was announced a month later. I was not yet a Realms junkie, so that actually irked me, at the time!



Pardon..."OGB"? Original Game Box, perhaps? Do you mean the grey box with the spear-wielding warrior astride a horse?



The 1E Forgotten Realms Campaign Set boxed set came -- as you described -- in a grey box with a spear-wielding horseman since dubbed "DŻd Onahorz" (and written up as Yahdi al Alamat, by George Krashos) on the cover.

This box has become known as the "Old Grey Box" or OGB.



I'm sure someone has said this somewhere here before but Dud Onahorz had his own card in the 91 collector card set.

Thunderstorm, 15th level Warrior

Card 120
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6427 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  11:47:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All permutations of "that guy" are dealt with in my DMs Guild article.

-- Georg Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  13:46:54  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah...he made a reappearance on what was technically the first 2e FR box set; unfortunately, on that box's cover, he and his mount were superimposed on a plain yellow/gold background (IMO, far less engaging than the OGB's cover landscape featuring land coral).

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
35998 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  16:18:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Yeah...he made a reappearance on what was technically the first 2e FR box set; unfortunately, on that box's cover, he and his mount were superimposed on a plain yellow/gold background (IMO, far less engaging than the OGB's cover landscape featuring land coral).



I believe that was the second printing of the 2E FRCS. There was a box that was grey but had very colorful artwork of a lot of the characters on it.

You can see the other cover on this Amazon listing.


Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  16:53:18  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Azar

Yeah...he made a reappearance on what was technically the first 2e FR box set; unfortunately, on that box's cover, he and his mount were superimposed on a plain yellow/gold background (IMO, far less engaging than the OGB's cover landscape featuring land coral).



I believe that was the second printing of the 2E FRCS. There was a box that was grey but had very colorful artwork of a lot of the characters on it.

You can see the other cover on this Amazon listing.





Going by this list, the yellow/gold box debuted first (in 1993) and the "colorful artwork" release (as you call it) debuted later (in 1996). The one I bought is the revised/1996 version -> Example. Fortunately, three years later, the contents themselves remained the same.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief
Moderator

USA
35998 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2021 :  18:47:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Could've sworn it was the other way around, but you appear to be correct.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6427 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2021 :  08:04:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, yellow/gold was first. It's the one on my shelf and I always bought in release.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 07 Dec 2021 :  23:26:10  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Could've sworn it was the other way around, but you appear to be correct.



Wooly, in all fairness to you, the topic is one that I've recently visited due to my electronicBay hunting . Because I was ultimately interested in the gaming material, I wasn't too picky concerning the box itself: year or condition. For your information, the earlier TSR FR products sport the rectangular TSR plate, whereas the later TSR FR products sport the circular emblem plus dragon.

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Yeah, yellow/gold was first. It's the one on my shelf and I always bought in release.

-- George Krashos



Do you mean that you always purchased each edition of D&D's Forgotten Realms campaign setting box/book on release?

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6427 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2021 :  11:55:35  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Yeah, yellow/gold was first. It's the one on my shelf and I always bought in release.

-- George Krashos



Do you mean that you always purchased each edition of D&D's Forgotten Realms campaign setting box/book on release?



Yes.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2022 :  00:42:57  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HighOne

Elminster's Ecologies



I found it in a New condition and still sealed. Gosh...TSR was truly knocking the supplements out of the park in the 90s. This is another product that deserved to be released in a hardcover format; Elminster's Ecologies is far more impressive than the ecology tidbits seen in later edition books.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 17 Jan 2022 :  15:17:18  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Depending on what Iím currently vibing on the answer to this question will change weekly for me. Iím currently gobbling up Night Below and Dragon Mountain again do those two...

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2022 :  06:27:17  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

Depending on what Iím currently vibing on the answer to this question will change weekly for me. Iím currently gobbling up Night Below and Dragon Mountain again do those two...



Pardon: vibing?

I've heard some...things...about Dragon Mountain. How far are you into that module? Night Below is apparently a Level 1 to 10 adventure; I highly approve of lengthy adventures !

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Scots Dragon
Seeker

United Kingdom
63 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2022 :  10:14:24  Show Profile Send Scots Dragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aside from simply echoing City of Ravens Bluff and Cloak & Dagger...

Choosing a favourite 2nd Edition supplement is like choosing a favourite drop in the ocean. At some point the sheer volume of good and great material is its own overwhelming positive factor.
Go to Top of Page

Seethyr
Master of Realmslore

USA
1060 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2022 :  10:22:25  Show Profile  Visit Seethyr's Homepage Send Seethyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Azar

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

Depending on what Iím currently vibing on the answer to this question will change weekly for me. Iím currently gobbling up Night Below and Dragon Mountain again do those two...



Pardon: vibing?

I've heard some...things...about Dragon Mountain. How far are you into that module? Night Below is apparently a Level 1 to 10 adventure; I highly approve of lengthy adventures !




Lol yeah pardon the high school slang, itís a result of teaching 100+ of them each day. Your reasoning is exactly right though. I love those lengthy adventurers as well, they can immerse you even for just a read through. I also love that those two products are pretty much setting neutral and can be dropped mostly anywhere.

To answer your question though I donít have the time to play them yet. Iím trying to convert parts of Night Below, but the read through is a joy.

Follow the Maztica (Aztec/Maya) and Anchorome (Indigenous North America) Campaigns on DMsGuild!

The Maztica Campaign
The Anchorome Campaign

Edited by - Seethyr on 24 Jan 2022 10:23:47
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2022 :  06:45:06  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

Lol yeah pardon the high school slang, itís a result of teaching 100+ of them each day.


Had I given you the impression that I disapproved? Sorry...I honestly do not know the definition of "vibing". From what I've gathered, it may mean "in the mood for" or "feeling for". Please, educate me; I'm always open to broadening my vocabulary with idioms (or even slang, if it fits the criteria).

quote:
Originally posted by Seethyr

Your reasoning is exactly right though. I love those lengthy adventurers as well, they can immerse you even for just a read through. I also love that those two products are pretty much setting neutral and can be dropped mostly anywhere.

To answer your question though I donít have the time to play them yet. Iím trying to convert parts of Night Below, but the read through is a joy.


City of the Spider Queen is a 3e adventure...module? (just what is the cardinal difference between the two?)...but you'll get some mileage out of that one if you haven't already.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 09 Feb 2022 :  05:06:52  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HighOne

Elminster's Ecologies



I now have both appendices as well (also still sealed). The 5e renaissance is - at times - a boon for 2e collectors.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page

Azar
Senior Scribe

764 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2022 :  12:02:45  Show Profile Send Azar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by deserk

Spellbound is quite good too. I hadn't checked out it until recently, since I thought it was a book just about spells (Unapproachable East would have been a better title, like the 3E book). But it details quite extensively Thay, Rasheman and Aglarond.



Product obtained! Sir, you could not have been more correct ; this box set features an abundance of information on the following ->

  • Awesome Algarond.

  • Tyrannical Thay.

  • Russian Rashemen.

Stand with anybody that stands right. Stand with him while he is right and part with him when he goes wrong.

Earth names in the Realms are more common than you may think.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2022 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000