Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 The Candlekeep Compendium
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  10:53:19  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Aye, a splendid set of volumes of lore. Work had commenced for Volume X, but as The Sage stated, various reasons halted it's production.

However... I am unlocking the door, blowing off the dust and looking at recommencing this as part of Candlekeep v2. After recent discussions and work picking up again, watch this space...Candlekeep will be changing, mark my words

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Thieran
Learned Scribe

Germany
293 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2011 :  11:03:47  Show Profile Send Thieran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exciting!
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2011 :  23:01:21  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If so Alaundo, I hope my work still has a place on the shelf.

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  10:15:55  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
CKCX. It is about time.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  10:27:39  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good those issues might be seither solved, skipped or rounded Looking forward to another Compendium

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  19:44:22  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thelonius

Good those issues might be seither solved, skipped or rounded Looking forward to another Compendium

Seconded completely!

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 02 Oct 2011 :  18:26:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Well met

Aye, Alisttair. Once i've cleared a few things up regarding our standing with the Compendium, and secured a few things, then i'll be in touch and reinstate the Compendium chamber for the scribes involved

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2011 :  21:28:09  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by Alisttair

Well met

Aye, Alisttair. Once i've cleared a few things up regarding our standing with the Compendium, and secured a few things, then i'll be in touch and reinstate the Compendium chamber for the scribes involved

sounds good Alaundo

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

silverwolfer
Senior Scribe

789 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2013 :  06:56:26  Show Profile Send silverwolfer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
am going to drag this from the depths, would it be possible to have a download all option, and just make it one large file?
Go to Top of Page

Lothlos
Learned Scribe

USA
111 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2013 :  16:49:49  Show Profile Send Lothlos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
any chance of a new issue?

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.
-J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2013 :  04:30:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lothlos

any chance of a new issue?

It's slowly, o' so very slowly, in the works.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2013 :  19:12:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by silverwolfer

am going to drag this from the depths, would it be possible to have a download all option, and just make it one large file?

Well met

Aye, it's possible, silverwolfer However, I'd say the most we would go to would be to download a year's volumes (i.e. four) in one file. I'll look into flagging required volumes as part of Candlekeep v2.0 however...it would actually be quite useful overall to select individual articles and downloads throughout the site.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2013 :  19:50:02  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering a few things about the candlekeep compendium.

Firstly will there be another one.

Secondly can anyone submit articles for the compendium

Thirdly, if anyone can submit articles are there any rules about submission such as a specific font, format, layout, areas of interest, areas to avoid, editions/era specific lore.

I was only wondering because I love this site and the compendium was one of the things I looked forward to each year, and if there is anything I can do to help speed things along I will gladly offer my services.

Plus I have a few ideas for articles that would make my decade if they ever found their way into a future compendium.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2013 :  11:02:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, dazzlerdal

Indeed, the Candlekeep Compendium will make a return and hopefully gather momentum again.

Generally, the staff of the Compendium produce regular articles for each volume, but we do have new members of submissions. Feel free to email me with your ideas or submission.

The format/font etc. matters not, as the editors address this aspect. As to editions/locations etc, we sometimes have a theme and initial round of suggestions and approvals, but so long as it's Forgotten Realms, then you can't go far wrong!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2013 :  07:05:40  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Indeed, the Candlekeep Compendium will make a return and hopefully gather momentum again.
This is great news.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2013 :  08:40:50  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well i was thinking of submitting an article on one or more of the evil humanoid races of the realms (i realise i would probably be stepping on many peoples toes as it's their favoured subject but a collaborative effort would be a good thing i think if anyone is interested), dealing with possible origins, history, personality, society etc.

For instance mountain orcs or hobgoblins, and then focus on the differences between say mountain orcs in the spine of the world and mountain orcs in Thar.

I'm just a bit unsure as to how much it has to be canon. If i phrased the non canon bits as speculation or sagely investigations (which could then be due to the unreliable narrator) would that be okay?

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2013 :  11:06:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of my personal faves among Compendium articles was the introduction and description of an entirely new subrace of gnolls. The article started with a bit of canon, and then spun an entirely non-canon but quite nifty race out of that.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

lordomatic
Acolyte

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2013 :  21:32:11  Show Profile Send lordomatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi there!

I just want to say I truly enjoyed reading the compendiums.

I'm also interested in the idea of new ones being created. I have one question though, would it still be for 3rd edition or would it be for 4th?

Thanks again!

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Artificer
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2015 :  17:38:56  Show Profile Send Artificer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for all the hard work that went into creating these compendiums. I am hoping that the release of 5th edition will create a resurgence of fan writing like this.
Go to Top of Page

Feolin Flameheart
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2015 :  18:37:30  Show Profile Send Feolin Flameheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have recently joined Candlekeep, I am still in the process of beginning to learn the lore of Faerun, and I have been enjoying reading the old Compendiums
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  10:04:01  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Alaundo,

Any updates on the return of the Compendium?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  10:15:31  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Alaundo,

Any updates on the return of the Compendium?

Best regards,

Well met

The Candlekeep Compendium is complete for now. Nothing more is currently planned although a volume was in progress a number of years ago before being parked.

It may well return in the future but nothing is scheduled at the moment.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic