Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Susprina Arkenneld!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2023 :  23:46:19  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Posting this here, to make sure people see it if they're not on Ed's Patreon or on the Candlekeep Scribes Facebook group.

Way back in FOR2 The Drow of the Underdark, we were very briefly introduced to a drow apprentice of Elminster's named Susprina Arkenneld. Many people, myself included, have asked about her, over the years, but a lurking NDA kept us from learning more.

Until now. The NDA has been lifted, and Ed has shared a FREE post on Susprina Arkenneld. Enjoy!

https://www.patreon.com/posts/elminsters-drow-85816962

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3286 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2023 :  00:40:37  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awesome Lore dump from Ed.

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Demzer
Senior Scribe

873 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2023 :  09:17:23  Show Profile Send Demzer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

... The NDA has been lifted ...

Never thought I would see the day.
Go to Top of Page

Athreeren
Learned Scribe

132 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2023 :  03:32:30  Show Profile Send Athreeren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As usual, the text raises more questions than it answers (as it should). Why would the Santruvels wait until Meiyaralea married a powerful and influential mage before killing her? (unless of course "granddaughter" is not a typo, and Calimar Arkenneld actually wed his daughter)

What motivated Calimar to become a lich just after his daughter's birth?

Ed never confirmed or denied whether a lich ever hid their phylactery in Candlekeep: since Calimar managed to get in and out undetected, and so shortly after becoming a lich, did he do so? I am also confused as to how Calimar is becoming frail as his lich body is breaking down, when demi-liches are a thing.

The timeline is also weird, as Susprina seems to have been between 3 and 6 when she was put in stasis, yet she is 17 years old 17 years after Elminster freed her.

Finally, what could this NDA have been about, and why was it finally lifted? Can we hope that more irrelevant ones will soon go away too?

EDIT: They eventually corrected the typo: Susprina was not born of incest.

Edited by - Athreeren on 01 Sep 2023 17:24:00
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2023 :  18:17:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I've commented before, one of the problems with NDAs is that it costs nothing to leave them in place forever... But determining if one is worth keeping in place, and notifying all the relevant parties -- that takes time and effort, and thus money, all for no return more than saying "okay, you can talk about this thing that we're not going to get any money for."

I don't like it, but I understand why they haven't been lifted.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000