Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Guallidurth
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Drestegarn
Acolyte

Sweden
13 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2022 :  19:06:23  Show Profile Send Drestegarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello! Had a question about the Drow city Guallidurth, i have been trying to search the web for answers but found none so far. What Drow houses are present in that city?

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2022 :  20:13:18  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even though it should be an important drow city since it's one of the oldest drow cities in existence (almost as old as Telantiwar, one of the first ever drow cities) and a fairly powerful one at that, there is fairly sparse information on it. Particularly on which houses, factions and characters are of key importance there. However Underdark (3E) mentions House Mizz’rynturl. Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (4E) mentions the following: House Khaven-Ghell, House Loor’Tchaan (mentioned as the First House in the Spellplague era).

Edited by - deserk on 12 Apr 2022 20:15:04
Go to Top of Page

Drestegarn
Acolyte

Sweden
13 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2022 :  14:02:24  Show Profile Send Drestegarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, thanks. Do you by any chance read Spider and Stone? It is a 4th edition novel and some parts of it belongs to that city, i have not read it myself yet. Guallidurth is situated beneath Calimshan & Tethyr right? Do you by any chance know if there are other Drow cities situated beneath those areas?
Go to Top of Page

deserk
Learned Scribe

Norway
237 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2022 :  17:13:50  Show Profile Send deserk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Drestegarn

Hey, thanks. Do you by any chance read Spider and Stone? It is a 4th edition novel and some parts of it belongs to that city, i have not read it myself yet. Guallidurth is situated beneath Calimshan & Tethyr right? Do you by any chance know if there are other Drow cities situated beneath those areas?

No, I wasn't aware of the novel. Might have to check that out myself at some point.

Guallidurth is right underneath the Calim Desert. To my knowledge there isn't another drow settlement close to it, other than perhaps Maeralyn (which is under the isle of Tharsult). Though given Guallidurth's history of aggressive campaigns against Calimshan and Iltkazar, it's likely they wouldn't be keen to tolerate another settlement or potential rival in their presence. However there are some surface drow settlements (Dallnothax, Iskasshyoll, Holldaybim) in the Forest of Mir between Tethyr and Calimshan, inhabited by Vhaeraunites and other drow heretics and exiles of Guallidurth. Ultoksamrin, one of the fallen dwarf kingdoms of Shanatar is also occupied by a band of Vhaeraunites as well.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2022 :  17:56:54  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I did a short write-up of Guallidurth in Drizzt Do'Urden's Guide to the Underdark (2e). It also plays a critical role in the history of Deep Shanatar, as revealed in scattered bits throughout that book.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Drestegarn
Acolyte

Sweden
13 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2022 :  20:00:03  Show Profile Send Drestegarn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks alot deserk and Eric. Ill try to get a copy of the guide.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000