Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 xosomil727 and their links
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2021 :  10:04:57  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am... not going to touch any of those bot dump links whatever they are. I don't recommend anyone does. Probably the sooner those posts get scrubbed the better. Those are the only five posts on the account. Gosh, what an absolute mess of a spam-dump.

If you're confused, hit Active Topics.

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2021 :  10:48:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The banhammer has been dropped upon that dude, and whatever nonsense those links were, they are gone.

...Dang it, my 35,000th post was about that spammer!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 14 Jul 2021 10:49:17
Go to Top of Page

Vaughn Javreau
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2021 :  16:39:41  Show Profile Send Vaughn Javreau a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If there is a record of the posts, it may be good manners to shoot an email to the various institutions that were caught up in the links

Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2021 :  16:55:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vaughn Javreau

If there is a record of the posts, it may be good manners to shoot an email to the various institutions that were caught up in the links

I deleted all of the posts. I kept the content of one, elsewhere, but that's it.

This kind of thing is often a spammer trying to drive traffic to a particular site, for whatever reason. I don't think that trying to find someone to contact on those sites will be all that productive. It could even be the same as trying to opt out of a spam email -- it does nothing but give the bad guys a known good target.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Senior Scribe

469 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2021 :  02:26:04  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
All this thread needs now is another moderator to come in in-character and comment flavorfully on exactly how and where the ancient seed of evil is kept.
Too bad that it's actually a lich in disguise directing players to their death-trap dungeon.

On the internet, nobody knows you're a lich. ;P

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, Long Live Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000