Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 What of the Gold Elves far to the East?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2021 :  14:53:16  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Narbeth, Shalhoond. Not much is said about this kingdom of Gold elves, besides a civil war and creating magical monsters for them to hunt.

Does anyone have any more info? My books are in storage.

Thank you

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2021 :  16:40:12  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dragon #267 has pretty much all we know about Narbeth.

I think Shalhoond is also detailed in The Horde boxed set, but I don't think it mentions Narbeth.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
948 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2021 :  20:06:11  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, in the same issue, it says you only narrowly survived an illithid breeding experiment.... The Underdark is filled with lies. ;-)

Edited by - TomCosta on 21 May 2021 20:07:27
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2021 :  20:50:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Eric, in the same issue, it says you only narrowly survived an illithid breeding experiment.... The Underdark is filled with lies. ;-)

Frankly, I'm still a little disturbed by his description of lingerie-clad illithids. That's just not right.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2021 :  21:22:20  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

"Narrowly" may have been too optimistic.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

SaMoCon
Senior Scribe

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2021 :  02:26:56  Show Profile Send SaMoCon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Forgotten Realms wiki has always been my first stop for knowing canon lore that has already been printed. Was there something in particular you needed to know about Shalhoond and Narbeth that were not in those linked wiki pages?

Make the best use of the system that's there, then modify the mechanics that don't allow you to have the fun you are looking for.

Edited by - SaMoCon on 22 May 2021 02:28:16
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11686 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2021 :  15:53:41  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Where were they shoving tadpoles and tentacles now? I swear illithids are secret pervs.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2021 :  21:14:53  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure why so many people hijacked my thread with silly responses.

I'm searching for lore om Narbeth. Shalhoond in general, but mostly Narbeth. Didn't know this forum let's people hijack your threads for silly comments. Very odd.
Go to Top of Page

SaMoCon
Senior Scribe

USA
403 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2021 :  10:48:37  Show Profile Send SaMoCon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
FYI, King Libertine, the sages here are a bit more chummy and playful due to the long familiarity they have had with each other over the decades of Candlekeep's existence which has been encouraged by the moderators, like Wooly Rupert. This light-hearted approach may be what attracts and retains the attentions of the Forgotten Realms writers & game designers. You might have noticed that two of the people you're sounding off on have titles under their handles that read "Forgotten Realms Designer" - TomCosta and EricLBoyd. Two industry professionals took an interest in your scroll and what they posted did address your querry - one by giving you published references for your lore, and the other by giving you a warning that the magazine article has an "unreliable narrator" style of writing.

Now you know why "your" scroll was "hijacked." No need to be talking down to the sages whom were being helpful.

Make the best use of the system that's there, then modify the mechanics that don't allow you to have the fun you are looking for.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2021 :  02:23:36  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

Narbeth, Shalhoond. Not much is said about this kingdom of Gold elves, besides a civil war and creating magical monsters for them to hunt.

Does anyone have any more info? My books are in storage.

Thank you

There is no more info. Enjoy making stuff up.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000