Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Ancient Realms
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Mordriel
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2021 :  18:08:28  Show Profile Send Mordriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello Sages,

Can you give me information on Uvaeren and Jhyrennstar? They are both part of the realms Cormanthyr consisted off, but what was the extend of their demesnes and where were they located, roughly? If anyone knows of ruins that could be attributed to the said realms, or if present-day (14th century realmswise) settlements and towns are nestled on top of such ruins, would be most helpful.

Thank you in advance

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  02:47:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uvaeren was located in that strip of unforested land that is now Mistledale. The nature of how that realm was destroyed means that little remains in terms of tangible “ruins” but given their affinity for magic, the Uvaerenni would likely have had many extra-dimensional pocket demi-planes and spaces littered throughout the area.

Jhyrennstar was the present day Cormanthor woods pretty much and morphed into Cormanthyr, so never “fell” to leave any ruins behind.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 25 Mar 2021 02:47:47
Go to Top of Page

Mordriel
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  15:14:06  Show Profile Send Mordriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the swift reply!

Would it be highly unlikely Uvaeren extended towards the southeast -the northern woods where Semberholme reaches the Mistledale clearing- or the northwest?

The strip of land the meteor cleared used to be Uvaeren, but is it possible some areas were not within the strewn field? It appears that centuries later, Sakrattars Irithyl died while driving a Drow Horde away from the former realm of Uvaeren -and- the Twisted Tower (in what we know as Land under Shadow/Shadowdale), relating the two areas somewhat more.

I am trying to give my players some leads as to where some extremely ancient elven lore remains might be found, perhaps a lore gem, mind you, and the northern Semberholme would suit me fine cause I'd rather place the clues in a Sylvan environment. There is even an old adventure in Arch Wood (further south) in a Dungeon magazine that I could modify by moving the old elven estate northwards, so I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to figure if a bit of Uvaeren was out of the meteor's path.

(Edit: average party lvl 11)

Edited by - Mordriel on 25 Mar 2021 17:37:47
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  17:41:35  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mordriel

Thank you for the swift reply!

Would it be highly unlikely Uvaeren extended towards the southeast -the northern woods where Semberholme reaches the Mistledale clearing- or the northwest?

The strip of land the meteor cleared used to be Uvaeren, but is it possible some areas were not within the strewn field? It appears that centuries later, Sakrattars Irithyl died while driving a Drow Horde away from the former realm of Uvaeren -and- the Twisted Tower (in what we know as Land under Shadow/Shadowdale), relating the two areas somewhat more.

I am trying to give my players some leads as to where some extremely ancient elven lore remains might be found, perhaps a lore gem, mind you, and the northern Semberholme would suit me fine cause I'd rather place the clues in a Sylvan environment. There is even an old adventure in Arch Wood (further south) in a Dungeon magazine that I could modify by moving the old elven estate northwards, so I'm in a bit of a pickle trying to figure if a bit of Uvaeren was out of the meteor's path.

(Edit: average party lvl 11)

Of course can make part of Uvaeren (an outlying ruin, for example), survive. But most of it should be gone.

Key refs are Cormanthyr, possibly Lost Empires of Faerun, and the novel Lost Library of Cormanthyr.

In fact, that novel might help you a lot.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Mordriel
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  19:08:12  Show Profile Send Mordriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Of course can make part of Uvaeren (an outlying ruin, for example), survive. But most of it should be gone.

Key refs are Cormanthyr, possibly Lost Empires of Faerun, and the novel Lost Library of Cormanthyr.

In fact, that novel might help you a lot.

--Eric

By the Gods, I didn't even think of that! *facepalm*

It's the ranger with the "bat" companion and the main antagonist is the hench...woman of the bad guy, a female Drow who's trying to assess her boss, right? It is a very interesting story and will be used in due time.

I have to thank you Sages for your time and the most excellent advice!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000