Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 New Setting for a Realms Novel
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2021 :  13:13:23  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
The Realms are vast and teeming with locations ripe for a novel or series. Many locations have been used plenty of times before for novels (Waterdeep, Neverwinter, etc), while many have remained untouched. I realize the novel line is all but dead, but let's have some fun anyway.

If you could pick a new setting/location for a Realms novel what would it be?

Zakhara would be my choice.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede

varyar
Seeker

95 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2021 :  15:21:06  Show Profile Send varyar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd love to see something set in Nimbral, personally. It's a different beast than the other magocracies of the Realms, what with the Leira angle, and I think you could tell some fun stories there.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2441 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2021 :  16:14:09  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The east. Thay, the Old Empires, Tymanther. There are just a few novels set there. The place has a lot to offer still.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2021 :  04:29:53  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

The Realms are vast and teeming with locations ripe for a novel or series. Many locations have been used plenty of times before for novels (Waterdeep, Neverwinter, etc), while many have remained untouched. I realize the novel line is all but dead, but let's have some fun anyway.

Karatura
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2021 :  14:23:16  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scererar

quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

Karatura

I'd love to see this!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  02:35:09  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I’m very much an outlier in this regard but I’ve always wished that the Realms had stayed “Faerûn”. I’ve found none of the add ons inspiring and several of them cringe-worthy. But I would have loved to have seen a novel set in Sossal. A novel of depth mind you that showed us this place in coherent and understandable detail.

— George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Kylia Quilor
Acolyte

USA
17 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2021 :  12:51:14  Show Profile Send Kylia Quilor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not so much a specific place, but a specific focus - the Duergar get a lot of screentime as secondary characters or as antagonists, but I don't think I've seen a single book focused on them. A story set in say, Gracklstugh. Or Dunspeirrin, for that matter, could work. Given how boring Laduguer comes off as sometimes, focusing on a city that follows Deep Deurra would probably be more entertaining.

Halisstra Melarn Deserved Better
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2021 :  21:29:06  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mulhorand, Semphar, Tashelar, The Shaar, Katashaka, and Osse.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000