Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Melairrin
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2020 :  03:43:25  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
There are a few references to this location, an abandoned dwarven hold on the mountains north of Waterdeep. But I can't find anything referencing which dwarves originally lived here. Maybe the Melairkyn due to their proximity in Undermountain and the similarity in names, or maybe the Stoneshafts also close proximity at Thornhold, and Rorrina Stoneshaft using this location as a lair after becoming a vampire servitor of Artor Morlin?

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2020 :  18:30:19  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I looked through the stuff I have and couldn't find anything on it. I would suggest asking Ed on Twitter (@TheEdVerse).

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2020 :  10:27:05  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Melairrin (also known as Overmountain Hold) is a former delve of the dwarves of Clan Melairr (yes, Melairkyn) located in the Sword Mountains (specifically Mount Sar) that was subsequently taken over by the orcs of Uruth Ukrypt and then the fomorian giants Sar and Helimbrar. The only, brief info is from the original environs of Waterdeep article in Dragon #127 and a mention in the 2E City of Splendors boxed set (Campaign Setting book, p.19).

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus

Edited by - George Krashos on 28 Dec 2020 10:27:31
Go to Top of Page

Returnip
Learned Scribe

221 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2020 :  10:54:30  Show Profile Send Returnip a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Melair and his descendants and their doings are mentioned on page 6 and 7 of City of Splendors: Waterdeep (3.x edition) as well.

On the other hand you have different fingers.
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2020 :  16:46:59  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Melairrin (also known as Overmountain Hold) is a former delve of the dwarves of Clan Melairr (yes, Melairkyn) located in the Sword Mountains (specifically Mount Sar) that was subsequently taken over by the orcs of Uruth Ukrypt and then the fomorian giants Sar and Helimbrar. The only, brief info is from the original environs of Waterdeep article in Dragon #127 and a mention in the 2E City of Splendors boxed set (Campaign Setting book, p.19).

-- George Krashos

Thank you George, I knew you or Eric would have some additional info.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000