Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Memo from the Desk of a Deneiran
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2020 :  16:09:50  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
So, I'm sitting here eating an english muffin with mascarpone sprinkled with splenda and a liberal dousing of apple butter while watching Cobra Kai on Netflix, when all of a sudden a piece of scrolled up parchment appeared in my lap. After reading it, I feel its my duty to relay the contents to the sages here.

Hello Goodsirs,

My name is Lorey Hisstory, and I have come seeking the aid of the esteemed sages of Candlekeep in a matter of some significance to certain powerful divine beings. Time is of the essence in this matter, and as such, I am transcribing these words magically to paper rather than wasting time scribbling them with the tip of my monouchi. Yes, yes, I am an intelligent, conversational, psionic sai, for those who do not know of me and my partnership with the Deneirathi Lady Jillian of Neverwinter, or the former bounty hunter turned blabbering, shapechanging spellbook of the Red Knight, Sleyvas of Th ---

Yes, YES, Sleyvas I will get to the point. You don't need to keep belaboring me. No need to get your wear out your bindings flapping your covers like that. Don't you DARE do.... well, I never.... FINE!

Hmmm, it seems that my "compatriot" thinks I'm nattering on like an elderly Oghman who has been paid by children to tell them a story.... which I most certainly AM NOT! But, to calm the sensibilities of "his royal cantankerousness", I will relay our need in the most efficient way possible. It seems there is a need for a list of surnames of Urskan bearfolk, whether they be of brown, black or polar varieties, or their subterranean descendants known as quaggoths, whom some believe travelled underground tunnels to reach Faerun before such tunnels collapsed long ago. At present, we know of the names Hiveraider, Beesbane, Snowfur, and Salmonslayer.

Yes, yes... I was just getting to that point. Do you HAVE to be so bossy? I am to tell you that each name so recorded is worth five points, which may be redeemed at the candlekeep gift shop on your way out. Just simply stop at the exit door, speak the words "Sages Sanctum" in Thorass, press the third dethek rune on the wall, and the portal to the gift shop will open. Beware the irritable crossroads guardian as you enter, and I am to say that he likes strawberry jam and creamed cheese if you can bring some with you. Thank you for your invaluable time in this matter, and hopefully your hard research whilst yield valuable rewards in your future.

So, I guess we're all required to come up with last names for bearfolk for some gods-literally-only-know reason. I came up with Honeybane and got this neat eraser shaped like a unicorn head at the gift shop. You should go in there. That place is A-MAZ-ING.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2020 :  16:19:19  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How about:

Riverwise
Fishclaw
Treeclimber
Beehider
Berrypaw
Cavefinder
Leafbed
Branchbuster

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2020 :  16:51:13  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think you should send this memo to Sir Ed of Greenwood who dwells in the twetting grounds of certain blue bird. If you don't enter in that place, I gladly can rely your query to him.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 09 Sep 2020 16:52:55
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2020 :  17:39:30  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm now watching "Young Wallander" and this pops in my lap

Well met Goodsir Phillip of the M-I-crooked letter-crooked letter-I-crooked letter-crookedletter-I-humpback-humpack-I state,

It seems my spell of "Translate to Binary and Post" has got a "bug", or such Sleyvas is directing me to call it. Though why someone would call a discrepancy of this sort after the name of an insect seems like a falsehood, and I do wonder if he's not simply playing with me again. It seems that that scoundrel of a spellbook is snickering at me, for he must have reversed some of my sigils. If I didn't know him for a tried and true follower of the Lady of Magical Strategy, I would swear him to be a naughty, tricksterish Leiran sometimes. Lord knows his passion for illusion magics almost equals his love of divination and invocation. I am most assuredly thankful to you for relaying my message. I see that it has already gathered some results, and not only that, they seem to bear out to be true names as well. Deneir himself has tasked me to issue praise to the Master of Iriaebor for stopping his work and aiding the sages, and he recommends looking at the glass case labeled "confectionaries of divine delights" just past the blue bird's cage in the gift shop. Oh, and on Master Zero's recommendation, if they wouldn't mind the redirection on my behalf of this lowly psionic servant, I will personally put in a "good word" to Auppenser, requesting he speak an essay on dragonborn culture directly into Master Zero's mind as thanks. I shall of course be relaying a message of similar accord to "pop" in on Master Zero posthaste.

So, I came up with a few more,
Sealscourge
Deepsleeper

I'm headed back into the gift shop. I saw some honey cakes that looked tasty.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Edited by - sleyvas on 09 Sep 2020 17:49:56
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2020 :  19:59:12  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O great Lady of Mysteries help me. Now I keep getting this pop up showing this image ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/1piaCbI7qB8wGQe1TAedvBl_djC1Iub_f/view?usp=sharing ) and every time it pops up, I start hearing the guy from game of thrones singing "The Bear and the Maiden Fair", but in the background another voice is singing along and its so offkey its horrible. Its not even the right world. I swear, I don't know what prank he's playing on that sai, but if I ever meet that damned talking red spellbook again I'm going to belt its covers shut.

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  10:39:58  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

How about: LongSlumber?

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11691 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  11:40:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I very much like that Cpthero. Thank you. So far, my favorites are
Berrypaw, Riverwise, Honeybane, Treeclimber, Longslumber, and Fishclaw

I've used Honeybane and Riverwise so far in my bearfolk miniature creations to give "names" to them. Honeybane became an epithet (i.e. The Honeybane) for a white furred exiled "Prince" that's a "curseblade" with the sword "stormblizzard", Baelric the Honeybane of Frosnibone. Grawlar Riverwise became a "Fish Pirate and Hunter of Giant Salmon", and I picture him as something of an outlaw who raids the most precious cargo of the bear folk on the river.... rainbow trout, big mouth bass, and salmon.

I'm thinking Berrypaw should be a ranger or druid. Longslumber a spellcaster of some sort. Treeclimber... bearfolk monk who seeks enlightenment by meditating with the bees up in the trees, just within tasting distance of the honey, but denying himself the sweet nectar? Fishclaw... bearfolk barbarian?

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2020 :  18:38:30  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader sleyvas,

I also thought after seeing a picture of a bear in a stream of: TroutTaker.

Grabbing the trout from the stream and eating it right there on the spot.

Classic bear.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000