Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 New Evidence to Support Dead Three Theory
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2020 :  16:23:24  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bottom line is the the Dead Three are mortal demigods because the current D&D designers want them to be. They do not care anymore for a coherent lore that delivers any reason for it.

It's "cool" and it's needed for the new multi-million $ video game and tie-in modules and that is all the reason it needs

Same with why Tiamat is trapped in Avernus. It's nice of Ed to write up some lore that closes this gap, but we can be pretty sure that the current D&D team had none of that in mind when they decided to up with the frist two modules.

They'll just spitball a short explanation for whatever they need at the moment, not caring how many holes it has even for the current status and feel completely free to disregard it further down the line when they decide to do something else

Edited by - Mirtek on 30 Aug 2020 16:25:34
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2020 :  17:24:28  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero
Interestingly enough, Achra-Bane took Magubliyet as an exarch, and when 4e came along, Magubliyet was described as Realmspace-Bane's exarch.

Despite the two deities being confirmed as separate entities in DRAGON magazine, there may be an important connection.

One possibility may be that Realmspace-Bane is either a progeny or divergent aspect of Achra-Bane, meaning he could have been at least a demigod in the origin story for the Dead Three - this would help explain why so much wonder was being expressed by Bane when he was forced into a mortal avatar form in the Avatar series.

There is also that line in FR10 Old Empires that states that Bane came to the Realms from some other place.

And yes, one of the origin stories of Achra is that he was either a demigod or a mortal king who killed an older god of war to gain his powers (The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea).

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 30 Aug 2020 17:26:54
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2020 :  22:02:04  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

quote:
Originally posted by Storyteller Hero
Interestingly enough, Achra-Bane took Magubliyet as an exarch, and when 4e came along, Magubliyet was described as Realmspace-Bane's exarch.

Despite the two deities being confirmed as separate entities in DRAGON magazine, there may be an important connection.

One possibility may be that Realmspace-Bane is either a progeny or divergent aspect of Achra-Bane, meaning he could have been at least a demigod in the origin story for the Dead Three - this would help explain why so much wonder was being expressed by Bane when he was forced into a mortal avatar form in the Avatar series.

There is also that line in FR10 Old Empires that states that Bane came to the Realms from some other place.

And yes, one of the origin stories of Achra is that he was either a demigod or a mortal king who killed an older god of war to gain his powers (The Plane Above: Secrets of the Astral Sea).

Just wondering, where in FR10?

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2020 :  22:12:35  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, sorry. I don't know why I though Old Empires was the FR10 book, . Anyways, check page 14, third (or fourth) paragraph.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11690 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2020 :  23:05:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Oh, sorry. I don't know why I though Old Empires was the FR10 book, . Anyways, check page 14, third (or fourth) paragraph.

Gotcha. I knew he came from elsewhere (some novel mentioned it I think), was hoping this might say something more. Still, posting that piece in case anyone else has questions. Ironically, I guess I glossed over the "translation" of Mulhorand to mean "Eternity" in Mulan as well. Not sure how I'd use that, but maybe in the name of something (i.e. "the eternal flame" becomes "the Mulhorand flame").

Within this expanse are desert, ruins, mountains, fertile fields, and cities that were great 2,000 years before the first stone was place on Waterdeep, before the Zhentarim ever unleashed an evil scheme, before Bane was even aware that the Realms existed, a time when the world was young, even to the elves. The words Mulhorand and "eternity" are the same in the language of the Mulhorandi.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Mirtek
Senior Scribe

595 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2020 :  23:10:03  Show Profile Send Mirtek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The novel that mentioned it was Stormlight
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2020 :  07:42:40  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Bones,

lol...I love the expensive china hitting the floor there with that one. I completely agree with you there. That being said...

I do much prefer the idea of Leira posing in one fashion or another as those very weakened deity.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000