Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Savras Ramblings
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2020 :  21:33:30  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Sages, I'm looking for info on Savras, God of Divination. Now that he has been set free from the Scepter of Savras due to his aid during the ToT, I'm trying to visualize a priesthood for him. I have a sourcebook, the Forgotten Realms Campaign Guide (2008 version), that covers many deities of the Pantheon. One of the things that it provides is the title of the various gods' priests, Bane's priests are called 'dreadmasters' for example. However, the FRCG is far from comprehensive, many deities are not covered and Savras is one of them. Here's where the "rambling" comes in;

I'm thinking of having the title of the Savras priests be called 'Augurs'. Yes, the title of the old Roman empire diviners. I envision that the Augur would be a leader of a group of various diviner disciplines. In order to become an 'Augur' you would need to be proficient in at least 3 of the divining arts. You would not even need to be a mage, since some forms of divination are innate.
In other words, the House of Divination would cover the entire scope of the divining art, from the village tea-leaf reader all the way up to an Archmage of Divining.

The above being said, it's possible that the Savras priests ALREADY have a title. So my above ramblings may be moot. So Sages, if you know of a sourcebook that names the title of Savras' priests, please inform me. Thanks!

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2020 :  22:06:27  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
According to AD&D 2nd Edition's Powers and Pantheons, the clergy of Savras are called "Divinators"; specialty priests (in 2E speak) are called "Sybilites".
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2020 :  22:53:04  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Savras isn’t detailed in the FRCG because he’s dead during the 4e era, like many of the deities missing from that lovely table.

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2020 :  23:18:50  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Thauramarth

According to AD&D 2nd Edition's Powers and Pantheons, the clergy of Savras are called "Divinators"; specialty priests (in 2E speak) are called "Sybilites".

Thank you again, Thauramarth. This info gives me what I need to fill out my scenario.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2020 :  21:31:32  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe ElfBane,

There is also an interesting fact that there is a divine group of diviners that created an order in veneration of Savras, called the Benign Order of the Third Eye. It was in an article from WotC called, Class Chronicles: Archivists and Dread Necromancers, from 2007.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000