Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Crown of Earlann?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  05:50:38  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Maybe we could get back on topic?

Actually we are on topic. The Poll is about Sacred Fist variants. Contribute something on-topic maybe?

Crown of Earlann?

oops wrong thread. My bad. I worked a long shift in the kitchen. I'm all over the place. sorry.
Go to Top of Page

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  06:57:40  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

quote:
Originally posted by LordofBones

That's not a min-max character. He's a 20th level caster with 30 levels, anything of his CR is going to shrug off his spells and trivially dispel his buffs.

Why does he have dervish? He kisses all his sacred fist spellcasting advancement and class features goodbye the instant he touches a weapon.

Ummm... who says you need a weapon to be a dervish? I would assume your fists, elbows, knees and feet are weapons. I mean really... You've never thought of a Monk/ Dervish cross? Maybe I'm alone on this line of thought as well. I see no problem with a Dervish being a Sacred Fist. Instead of hand held weapons, you use above mentioned weapons. Pretty darn amazing in battle.

There is the small problem of unarmed strikes doing bludgeoning damage. Slashing something with the side of your palm is the same as hitting something with a flanged mace.

Edit: Sorry Wooly, didn't see your last pos.

Edited by - LordofBones on 12 Apr 2020 06:58:32
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  08:39:23  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,

Regarding the actual "Crown of Earlann," can you tell us anything yet about it as an object? Will it be like a magical artifact a la the Dragontear Crown of Sharrven?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  11:44:22  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cosmar

Hi Eric,

Regarding the actual "Crown of Earlann," can you tell us anything yet about it as an object? Will it be like a magical artifact a la the Dragontear Crown of Sharrven?

Well, I'll tell you it's called the Staghorn Crown of Eaerlann. We'll see if Eric is prepared to share more.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  11:57:14  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George gave you the full name. It is a magical artifact, but it's also not the most practical magic item ever.

Begin on honest though, while it's at the center of the story and does have magical powers, it's a bit of a McGuffin, for the focus of the adventure is to determine who should wear it.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

keftiu
Senior Scribe

656 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  12:24:50  Show Profile Send keftiu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will this be a paid product, once it releases?

4e fangirl. Here to queer up the Realms.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  12:32:34  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by keftiu

Will this be a paid product, once it releases?

Probably not, but haven't decided.

I enjoy 3.5e (not knocking 5e), so it's currently written for 3.5e.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Cosmar
Seeker

88 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2020 :  19:23:31  Show Profile Send Cosmar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

George gave you the full name. It is a magical artifact, but it's also not the most practical magic item ever.

Begin on honest though, while it's at the center of the story and does have magical powers, it's a bit of a McGuffin, for the focus of the adventure is to determine who should wear it.

--Eric

That's cool! And a nifty full name. Makes sense since it's not meant for PC use, anyway.

So in theory after this adventure is over, the High Forest region will look quite a bit different, politically?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2020 :  01:27:32  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very much so. It might also be a smoking ruin, but hey, that's your PCs fault if that happens!

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2020 :  21:53:34  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any update on the release date for this?

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2020 :  23:54:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

Any update on the release date for this?

Eric's focus has currently shifted to the Dessarin Valley and work we are doing on something called "Renewal of the Covenant" (wth a few sojourns into the Trackless Sea for something else we have affectionately called "Kraken" for the moment). "Crown of Eaerlann" remains unfinished but work is being put into it to also come up with a 5E version, which explains the delay.

This is fan work, undertaken in illusory "spare time" and with exacting attention to detail and convoluted lore-spinning. This is not something that can be written up and done in a couple of months, so please be patient.

Heck, knowing Eric it might never be done, but I live in hope.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 15 Dec 2020 23:54:38
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2020 :  03:48:38  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Patient but hopeful. The Dessarin Valley sounds even better.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

Razz
Senior Scribe

USA
749 Posts

Posted - 18 Jan 2021 :  14:58:26  Show Profile Send Razz a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

[quote][i]
I'm writing it for 3.5e.

Best news about it for me LOL Got me sold. Probably would have got it for the lore but this is icing on the cake!
Go to Top of Page

Lyrianthalaasa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2021 :  13:45:56  Show Profile Send Lyrianthalaasa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't suppose there's any more news regarding this? Just curious as it's definitely one of the most intriguing sounding projects I've seen in a while.
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2021 :  14:30:27  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lyrianthalaasa

I don't suppose there's any more news regarding this? Just curious as it's definitely one of the most intriguing sounding projects I've seen in a while.

I'm still working on it. I confess I got distracted and started writing a second campaign set in the Dessarin river valley. That one is also now 500 pages, but neither is finished.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2021 :  16:43:07  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I'm still working on it. I confess I got distracted and started writing a second campaign set in the Dessarin river valley. That one is also now 500 pages, but neither is finished.

--Eric

Someone is CLEARLY enjoying not having a word count limitation.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2021 :  18:23:45  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

quote:

quote:

--Eric

I recognize that a lot of authors do better when an editor reduces their word count.

However, I am very much enjoying the ability to go on any tangent I want, without worrying about word count.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2021 :  21:36:01  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I recognize that a lot of authors do better when an editor reduces their word count.

However, I am very much enjoying the ability to go on any tangent I want, without worrying about word count.

--Eric

You don't say ...

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2021 :  02:23:33  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by TheIriaeban

quote:

quote:

--Eric

--Eric

I hope someday we can see it. Like before my eye sight goes from old age lol

Seriously though, loved the Under Illefarn Anew (had it printed professionally).

Can't wait to see what secrets lie beneath the High Forest...

and/or the Dessarin

if you need editing help I will volunteer!

Go go stay at home dad!(me)
Go to Top of Page

King Libertine
Seeker

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2022 :  06:05:20  Show Profile Send King Libertine a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any ETA on this?
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2022 :  07:33:06  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

Any ETA on this?

Crown of Eaerlann is in hiatus while Eric focuses on his Dessarin Valley project.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Lord Karsus
Great Reader

USA
3736 Posts

Posted - 08 May 2022 :  17:28:05  Show Profile Send Lord Karsus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
-Oh no, here we go.

(A Tri-Partite Arcanist Who Has Forgotten More Than Most Will Ever Know)

Elves of Faerūn
Vol I- The Elves of Faerūn
Vol. III- Spells of the Elves
Vol. VI- Mechanical Compendium

Edited by - Lord Karsus on 08 May 2022 17:41:21
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2022 :  06:39:35  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Oh no, here we go.

Right. Did one of the "bindings" go down?

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

BrennonGoldeye
Learned Scribe

105 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2022 :  19:58:25  Show Profile Send BrennonGoldeye a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Karsus

-Oh no, here we go.

Sam
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2022 :  20:25:29  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

quote:
Originally posted by King Libertine

Any ETA on this?

Crown of Eaerlann is in hiatus while Eric focuses on his Dessarin Valley project.

-- George Krashos

It's not just the Dessarin valley, it's the whole of the Sword and the Shield. And it's impossible to finish the High Forest without the context of adjoining regions.

Sheesh! ;-)

--
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000