Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Deep Gnome Cities
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Cards77
Senior Scribe

USA
745 Posts

Posted - 18 Jun 2015 :  01:34:05  Show Profile Send Cards77 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Faraer wrote:
George Krashos's revised North Timeline has it founded 'by several gnome and deep-gnome clans led by Olbrent Handstone' (should be Ulbrent, George!).

Well, no it shouldn't. You see, Olbrent was Ulbrent's dad. It was his son who became a Duke of Phalorm (Fallen Kingdom). I can't believe that you'd think I'd make a typo like that and not pick it up!

-- George Krashos

LOL George you're my hero.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2015 :  05:25:47  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Now this is an Old thread, its been almost a year since i sent Alaundo that Excel Spread sheet

Thats putting it lightly my Younger self!

Scroll is still active 11 years after I started it! :-p

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2019 :  21:10:50  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm thinking that the illithids discovered in the Endless Caverns (allies of the drow) by the ranger Skimmerhorn of Secomber must have come from Llacerellyn. Any better candidates? (Ch'Chitl is the obvious alternative, but the chaos caused by the loss of the Elder Brain there seems to make an alliance with Ched Nasad unlikely. Gauntlgrym might be an alternative, based on early Realmslore, but I think that's better left to Bob's novels, as that may not have endured.)

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Edited by - ericlboyd on 24 Sep 2019 21:30:34
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2020 :  22:55:05  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

I looked through the thread and must have missed it: where is Llacerellyn again?

I agree by the map that it would likely be Ch'Chitl that they come from, but I have no idea where Llacerellyn is at. haha

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

I'm thinking that the illithids discovered in the Endless Caverns (allies of the drow) by the ranger Skimmerhorn of Secomber must have come from Llacerellyn. Any better candidates? (Ch'Chitl is the obvious alternative, but the chaos caused by the loss of the Elder Brain there seems to make an alliance with Ched Nasad unlikely. Gauntlgrym might be an alternative, based on early Realmslore, but I think that's better left to Bob's novels, as that may not have endured.)

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2020 :  23:13:12  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a reference in Skullport, page 19, but I don't remember which one I wrote first. (I did a lot of the design work for Skullport, fwiw.)

I think the original inspiration was Elminster's Ecologies: The High Moor, page 27.

Llacerellyn is under the northern end of the Serpent Hills.

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2020 :  01:52:41  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

Awesome: thank you! I looked and looked and could not find it.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

There's a reference in Skullport, page 19, but I don't remember which one I wrote first. (I did a lot of the design work for Skullport, fwiw.)

I think the original inspiration was Elminster's Ecologies: The High Moor, page 27.

Llacerellyn is under the northern end of the Serpent Hills.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Asharak
Learned Scribe

France
268 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2021 :  10:55:34  Show Profile Send Asharak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
About Aventine

Melanith (Shinig South 2E) or Melinith (Shining South 3E & The Grand History of the Realms) reigned from 1094 DR to 1215 DR (The Grand History of the Realms).

In the wake of Aventine's destruction, Melanith began the isolationist policy that Dambrath still follows today. (Shinig South 2E)

In 1213 DR, Melinith institutes a policy of isolationism for Dambrath that continues today. (Shining South 3E & The Grand History of the Realms)

Therefore, the destruction of Aventine probably occurs around 1200 DR.

"Soyez réalistes : demandez l'impossible"

Sorry for my English... it's not my native tongue.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000