Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 About the destruction of Zhentil Keep in 1383...
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  13:46:40  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi fellow scribes!

Aside from "Netherese raze Zhentil Keep and the Citadel of the Raven; Fzoul Chembryl is slain; Zhents divorce from Church of Bane" and that this was about retribution because Fzoul's alliance with the Phaerimms, which other details are officially known about this event? In which products may I eventually find them?

Thanks a lot!

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  14:54:40  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My immediate though is something sarcastic (it will be in the upcoming sourcebook "Dalamar's Guide To Athasian Phenomena"), but that isnt helpful so i wont say that.

NuRealms is designed to be lore light, especially when it comes to historical events. My best guess is that this event might get a cursory mention in the 4e campaign guide in the moonsea section but otherwise that is quite deliberately all the detail to be found most likely.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  15:28:43  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So basically the things I've found already... a pity. If not for the city, at least for the death of Fzoul. As an iconic FR character probably he deserved some more detailing of his departure.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2017 :  16:50:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A lot of things deserved more detail, and were brushed to the side or ignored.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2017 :  01:31:51  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm not sure what is worse - not having the details, or having one of your favorite characters appear as a 'ghost' in a 4e novel.

As for Zhentil Keep... Zhentil Keeps come and Zhentil Keeps go. There is a new one every other week. Manshoon uses clones, and everything else 'regrows' overnight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear from Fzoul and his says, "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

I hear Ravenloft has at least three copies of the place, Manshoons and all.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 08 Aug 2017 01:32:34
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2017 :  02:51:52  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

So basically the things I've found already... a pity. If not for the city, at least for the death of Fzoul. As an iconic FR character probably he deserved some more detailing of his departure.

Well, he never departed. He lives in your heart

And in Bane's plane, as a demigod.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 08 Aug 2017 02:53:19
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2020 :  22:43:25  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Explorer Markustay,

I would have to say the ghost option is worse. It just smacks of mockery and derision to me. At least with no lore, you can ignore WotC's endless shoveling of crap and make up good stuff based on previous lore. It's the disconnect they are after, so they can write new material.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

I'm not sure what is worse - not having the details, or having one of your favorite characters appear as a 'ghost' in a 4e novel.

As for Zhentil Keep... Zhentil Keeps come and Zhentil Keeps go. There is a new one every other week. Manshoon uses clones, and everything else 'regrows' overnight. I wouldn't be surprised to hear from Fzoul and his says, "reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated".

I hear Ravenloft has at least three copies of the place, Manshoons and all.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2020 :  22:46:07  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Rupert,

In the last three 2.5 years, has anything else been produced on the destruction of Zhentil Keep that you are aware of?

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

A lot of things deserved more detail, and were brushed to the side or ignored.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000