Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Zhentil Keep (and Citadel of the Raven too) 1489+
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2017 :  12:07:09  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm about to start a new campaign in the Moonsea region, thus I'm gathering all the lore and home contributions available.

I'm interested on the current state of both Zhentil Keep and the citadel of the Raven. The bits of lore updates currently around come from:

• "After the fall" (web article by Ed): where it is said that Lelavdra and Manarlume, both Princesses of Thultanthar and the arcanist Gwelt seek to gather together surviving Thultanthans under their command. They currently reside '...with cached supplies, inone of the least ruined fortresses of those that were formerly part of the Citadel of the Raven. They are using their magic to conceal themselves from (and spy upon) the handful of Zhents already there and rebuilding the central citadel, trying to judge who to co-opt, who to eliminate, and who to deceive for as long as possible.

• "Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide": (p. 12) where it is stated that (as per 1489 DR) the Black Network shows occasional interest in restoring both the Citadel both the Keep.

• "State of Mulmaster Article" for the elemental evil organized play at AL. There is a reference to the fact that "Zhentil Keep is eventually rebuild post-Spellplague". This leads to the speculation that by 1491 DR, year in which Princes of the Apocalypse is set, the city was reclaimed (by the Zhentarim?).

Now I kindly ask fellows scribes for:
  • Any futher reference I may have missed.
  • Any interesting ideas about how the Shadovar may interfere with Zhent' business in the area, if they may or may not claim of the Citadel as their own, or play some role in the rebuilding of Zhentil Keep... etc.

Maybe several factions (good aligned too) may have interest in participating in Zhentil Keep rebuilding, if not only to limit the influence of the Zhentarim... and for the same reason the Shades may secretly support those factions too.

thanks!

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  11:12:46  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was this topic better if started in the "General Forgotten Realms Chat" since more about speculations/ideas than official lore?
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  11:24:15  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's some more info in this thread that might help you.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 31 Mar 2017 :  12:16:58  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KanzenAU

There's some more info in this thread that might help you.

Thanks! I saw it and I agree with your comment.

I'm interested more in developing the story around the last surviving shadovars at the Citadel and their interaction (if any... hiding? open hostility? subtle influencing? alliance?) with those eventually rebuilding Zhentil Keep (not necessarily only Zhents).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000