Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Planescape Countdown
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2017 :  13:09:55  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
For those who aren't yet aware of it...
http://planescape.com/

It's official, but what IT is remains to be seen...

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2017 :  13:27:13  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
How can you tell that it's official (thanks for sharing, btw)?

EDIT: Nvm, saw that WotC shared it.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 27 Mar 2017 13:29:35
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2017 :  13:37:09  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems to be Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition. Someone on the EnWorld forums posted this:

"In the HTML source, there is this snippet:

secret="0x50 0x53 0x54 0x45 0x45"

These are hexadecimal codes for ASCII letters, which converts to PSTEE.
So... it indeed seems to be about Planescape: Torment EE."

They also said that it's hosted on the same server as this: https://www.baldursgate.com/, so more stuff pointing to PSTEE.

Edited by - Irennan on 27 Mar 2017 13:40:01
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2017 :  13:46:12  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also this: https://twitter.com/BeamdogInc/status/846182990682243077

Yeah, it's PSTEE

Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2017 :  14:51:42  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kool...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

VikingLegion
Senior Scribe

USA
483 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2017 :  15:49:41  Show Profile Send VikingLegion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
To anyone who bought the Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition from Beamdog, what exactly does an EE bring to the table? Torment is a gem from my earlier years and I have an updated copy purchased from GoG (Good Old Games) that runs on Windows 10. What would Beamdog's EE have in addition to that? More content? Updated graphics/UI?
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2017 :  04:30:38  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

Also this: https://twitter.com/BeamdogInc/status/846182990682243077

Yeah, it's PSTEE

Nice investigative work!

I've always wanted to play Torment, so this is a nice excuse. I was hoping for some 5e Planescape material, but it's probably still a bit early in their publishing cycle to even consider that yet.

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

moonbeast
Senior Scribe

USA
522 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2017 :  11:17:37  Show Profile Send moonbeast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drool! Must buy!
Go to Top of Page

Thoth
Acolyte

Canada
31 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2017 :  15:17:15  Show Profile Send Thoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I may actually take a look at this.

Been years since I looked at any Planescape stuff, but this might be a cool "enhanced" game. Why not?
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2017 :  00:24:44  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was part of a group working on an unofficial but ambitious Planescape: Damnation game some years back. Here's my old scroll.

The project was completely shut down and shot down - we started receiving increasingly-stern Cease And Desist Orders and Takedown Orders from Wizbro's legal people within weeks of my announcement. (And, of course, it turned out that some of our key devs weren't all that reliable so the entire project lagged eternally behind schedule.)

My understanding is that no negotiation of terms would be heard (by Wizbro) and that punitive legal actions/penalties were often threatened if we continued development. We ultimately had no choice but to abandon the project, Wizbro's legal pitbulls made it abundantly clear to us that PS:D was going to be a "costly proposition" to release into public domain. (The "blessings" and actual involvement of some original PS:T people from now-defunct Black Isle Studios seemingly had no legal weight, lol.)

Just saying that if the OP's link isn't "official" then I wish them lots of luck because they're gonna need it all to survive in Wizbro's aggressively guarded brand/franchise/IP territory. We were never actually taken to court, and I'm not sure if I can believe the claims I read about the lawyer's "client never losing these cases", but it's not something we really wanted to put to the test and it was enough to disband/scatter the people we needed the most to make our project work.

FWIW, talk and hype about some kind of "Planescape 2" game resurfaces every few years and - like our legally-terminated PS:D project - they always seem to fizzle out into the void. Then again, maybe Wizbro's has a different legal people/position now than it did 3-4 years ago (although my experience and my opinion are that WotC resists change, WotC has a dismal track record when it comes to implementing changes that make anything better, and WotC is one of the most digitally un-savvy media companies I've ever seen). As a truly devoted Planescape fan I wish and hope that any "Planescape 2" game which releases will be a worthy successor of both classic PS:T and aborted PS:D.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 01 Apr 2017 00:48:07
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
763 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2017 :  01:47:09  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sucks.

This one is definitely officially sanctioned, and on a dev's blog I read that they're already working on something new - the implication was definitely NOT a direct sequel, but quite possibly another Planescape story.

Go to Top of Page

Quale
Master of Realmslore

1757 Posts

Posted - 02 Apr 2017 :  09:45:34  Show Profile Send Quale a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got Icewind Dale ''Enhanced'' Edition from this company and it looked worse than 15 years ago.

Tides of Numenera: Torment is a pretty good spiritual successor, tough it can never match PST greatness cause they couldn't use the Great Wheel. There are many similarities, e.g a sect of cannibals similar to the Dustmen, multiple endings and past lives, the big bad reminds me of the Transcendent One, there's an Adahn, and Autochton...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000