Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 TEGG
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2016 :  18:25:59  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone ever made a submission to TEGG either through Onder Librum or the Sessorium?

Do you know if it has to be a complete 'manuscript' or nearly complete or just a very detailed outline.

I would ask there but since the site revamp i cant get in?

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2016 :  05:20:52  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't get in either, and I used to be one of the 'executives'. LOL
Their internet presence needs a lot of work.

As for the submissions, first you have to send them a proposal (an idea for a story, or product), and then, if excepted, you can move forward with development. I think the four (short) stories I pitched were all one-two sentence ideas, with some character-background to go with it (because I feel the characters are more important then the story itself - its the characters that generate a fanbase and keep 'em coming back for more).

The settings are all already established (for the most part), so you don't have to worry about that, except to tell them which setting your idea is for - even if its a non-story, for example, a card game I was working on for Stormtalons... I wore many hats... {sigh}

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2016 :  09:09:28  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmm. I can submit an idea easy enough. Its the rest of the work that is the problem (some of which like the graphics and editing and maths that i cannot do)

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2016 :  12:01:29  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, they would like for things to be in a fairly 'complete' form before it goes through their editing process. That means they prefer you put together your own 'team' for a project. They could help you with that end of things, by connecting you with other members, but your 'cut' goes down with each person involved. They allow a certain percentage of the profit to go to the creative team as a whole, and then its up to that team to 'divvy it up'. That works out better when you know the other people involved ahead of time.

Then, once its in a 'beta' form, it gets edited, made, marketed, distributed, etc, and all those people also get a percentage, and whats left goes back to the company, so that the business-end people can also get paid, and the company itself can pay its bills (and hopefully have a little something extra for future projects).

But yeah, they aren't interested in people sending them incomplete stuff. Its up to YOU to get it completed - they can only point you toward people who might be interested in helping. If you need graphics and a 'crunch' guy, thats up to you to get that done.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2016 :  17:31:04  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well scratch that idea then. I dont know anyone able to do those things so i guess i shall stick to writing what i can and putting it out here for those few that are interested.

Probably for the best i dont like 5e dnd its too restrictive. I dont think WoTC would like other rules sets used on their outlet website

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2016 :  04:03:31  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you want to do stuff for the DM's Guild? You can do that without going through TEGG. From what I understand, that process is much simpler.

In fact, I thought you were talking about wanting to do stuff in TEGG's settings. AFAIK, Ed is producing stuff for the DM's Guild, but thats not TEGG (I think - don't quote me on that). I'm pretty sure they are not taking FR stuff for the DM's Guild - that just gets messy (on all ends). They are two separate entities.

And, as I said, they can help you find other 'creatives' to help you with the parts that you can't do yourself, but you'd have to guarantee they'd get paid. Since they are planning their own rules (to go with their settings), I really don't see Ed getting into any 'crunchy bits' with the DM's Guild (but once again, I am no longer 'in the loop', so I could be mistaken there).

I 'may' be getting back with them on the gaming end of things, depending on how things go. Stormtalons is an amazing, soon-to-be highly detailed novel and RPG setting (and perhaps other types of games will be set there as well... like that card game...). Not saying to abandon FR, but its definitely worth taking a look at (and if you want to get a VERY general idea of the 'flavor'. Think 'FR meets Ravenloft').

"Sometimes its not walking into the Mists that scares you... its walking back out again..."

Edited by - Markustay on 05 Dec 2016 04:04:26
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2016 :  07:07:14  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried the dms guild. I barely made $5 and 200 downloads.

The momey doesnt matter, its the fact that i couldnt get enough view among the sea of other contributions and couldnt get any funds to improve the product (the sales i made were going to buy more art).

Im sure ive seen on onder librum that Ed will be taking submissions for the realms at some point in the future.

If not ill just put it on the keep. The dms guild isnt worth my time since it will get ignored. Whereas here any submitter gets a prime time slot for at least a month.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2016 :  11:56:08  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

Im sure ive seen on onder librum that Ed will be taking submissions for the realms at some point in the future.
I wouldn't know - I haven't had access to their site in quite some time.

Perhaps THAT is why... hmmmm. Best not to overthink these things.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000