Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Starym Sigil Crest and Strongholds
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  14:17:48  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hello fellow scribes!

Does anyone knows the Starym's sigil crest (or coat of arms)?

Also, in the Ruins Of Myth Drannor boxed set it is stated that they left the city when it was open to non elves and moved to the Thunder Peaks. Is there any hints of old Starym strongholds in these mountains?

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  20:03:14  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Starym Arms is two falling silver dragons respectant, their house colors are silver and maroon.

I don't have any information on Starym holdings in the Thunder Peaks off the top of my head, though Volo's Guide to All Things Magical states that they also had holdings deep inside Hullack Forest. Those holdings may or may not have been destroyed when much of the remaining family was slain by a vengeful half-elven ranger.

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 04 Oct 2015 :  20:17:37  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Complete fanon, but as part of my Netheril rewrite I'm having a distantly related branch of House Starym from Siluvanede, that fell in with the Daemonfey, travel to the Hidden Valley (modern Shoal of Thirst/Shadow Sea) to stir up the goblinoids and ogres to attack Seventon.

This was in retaliation for the netherese theft of the nether scrolls and a stockpile of vyshaan weapons that were part of the dlardrageth armouries.

The ogre magi general storm was the result of a millennia of demonic breeding programs with House Marstrym.

Anyway, after Netheril falls, most of House Marstrym are destroyed in the battles for the Hidden Valley in -339 and onwards.

One notable survivor flees to the Stonelands (her name is Meliah'l, but perhaps a few others flee south into the Thunderpeaks. House Starym later find these abandoned strongholds and note the similar symbol and so claim them for themselves.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  08:52:08  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had postulated that after breaking with the elves of Cormanthyr, some of the Starym had travelled to a refuge in the Wood of Sharp Teeth.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Hawkfeather
Seeker

Brazil
64 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  17:46:08  Show Profile Send Hawkfeather a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

The Starym Arms is two falling silver dragons respectant, their house colors are silver and maroon.

Where did you find this information, Hoondatha?

I'm asking this because I found a description of the Starym sigil in the Volo's Guide To All Things Magical that do not fit your description: "three stars set in an equilateral triangle around an open maw".

Maybe the Starym have two different sigils?

Edited by - Hawkfeather on 05 Oct 2015 17:46:41
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  20:12:18  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkfeather

quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Where did you find this information, Hoondatha?

I'm asking this because I found a description of the Starym sigil in the Volo's Guide To All Things Magical that do not fit your description: "three stars set in an equilateral triangle around an open maw".

Maybe the Starym have two different sigils?

Cormanthyr: Empire of the Elves, pg 117. It could be a matter of semantics? A sigil may be different from a coat of arms? I'm just guessing there, though.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2015 :  20:55:17  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I had postulated that after breaking with the elves of Cormanthyr, some of the Starym had travelled to a refuge in the Wood of Sharp Teeth.

-- George Krashos

Any link to Askavar?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2015 :  01:18:17  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have intentions in that regard but wanted to check with Ed first re what lore he had on Askavar.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2015 :  09:12:09  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I have intentions in that regard but wanted to check with Ed first re what lore he had on Askavar.

-- George Krashos

Awesome! Can't wait to hear more about it!

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2015 :  14:52:31  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool, news on Askavar are long awaited...

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page