Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 "the paladins' plague"
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2015 :  10:13:14  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi scribes!

In which year DR would you folk place the events of "The Paladins' Plague" living forgotten realms adventure?

Thanks!

EDIT: for those asking the events in the adventure bring the second sun / amanautor's companion dark.

Edited by - Arioch on 23 May 2015 17:21:08

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  00:14:26  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a Season 2 module so it's going to be either 1479 or 1480. It takes place shortly after the events of The Edge of Chaos by Jak Koke which I believe was set in 1479 so 1479 is probably the better choice.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2015 :  09:53:30  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks a lot! With this new 100 years jump I'm getting a bit lost.

In 1479 DR the spellplague ends too (if I'm not wrong), so I like the idea of starting the downfall of Elturgard from this year on.

After all, this realm was a sort of beacon of hope (even with all its limits) during a turbolent time, and it seems to me that it may have fulfilled its purpose.

The only problem can be with arranging aspects like the Sharn, the spellscarred and the plaguelands after Mystra return.
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2015 :  00:21:31  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1479 was when Mystra returned to godhood but The Sundering is not completed until the autumn of 1487.

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 25 May 2015 00:22:32
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  06:58:12  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
The Masters of Absolute Accord, leaders of the Order of Blue Fire, are dedicated to the spread of the Spellplague by any means necessary. They, and their sharn masters, believe that the Spellplague is actually the embodiment of Mystra herself, and that the only way to revive the dead Goddess of Magic is by spreading her essence so that it covers the entire world.

I'm quoting from ACDP2-1, but any other source will do. If Mystra is reborn why do the plot still unfolds?
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2015 :  15:33:24  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arioch

quote:
The Masters of Absolute Accord, leaders of the Order of Blue Fire, are dedicated to the spread of the Spellplague by any means necessary. They, and their sharn masters, believe that the Spellplague is actually the embodiment of Mystra herself, and that the only way to revive the dead Goddess of Magic is by spreading her essence so that it covers the entire world.

I'm quoting from ACDP2-1, but any other source will do. If Mystra is reborn why do the plot still unfolds?

Simple. Mystra's Return was revealed in Elminster Enraged which was published in 2012. ACDP2-1 was published in 2010. The authors just didn't know.

Edited by - hashimashadoo on 27 May 2015 15:34:01
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
222 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2015 :  07:25:28  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's true. I'm just trying to fix this for my campaign... These the first ideas that comes to my mind, but maybe someone has better suggestions

1) The Order of Blue fire does not exist any longer, dissolved after Mystra's return, and I have to substitute the source of the menace that threatens Eturgard (It may even be that no longer is a plagueland the source of problems)

2) The Order of Blue flame had internal troubles when Mystra reborns and they split: for a faction the reborn was the result of their efforts, now they expect to be somehow rewarded: should they feel not properly rewarded, they became some of the worst Mystra's enemies. For another faction Mystra is not reborn at all and some entity is posing as her (maybe Shar), thus they continue the efforts to expand existing plagueland borders before this "entity" removes all bluefire corrupted lands.

Edited by - Arioch on 28 May 2015 07:26:17
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000