Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Potential FRCS News.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  04:43:11  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This part... the lack of lore, the apparent lack of direction organization/impetus and consequent leaving us in the utter dark... this is definitely not what Ed was excited about. He likes suspense, but that's not what this is. I don't want to put words in his mouth (and can't because I've never talked to him in person and can't read his mind) but I think he would give us more to get our mouths watering if the choice were his to make.

He was excited about the Sundering, from the angle that it restored the Realms. I suspect there's much more, but time will tell.

...edited because they do have direction... it's just not a great one.

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 10 Apr 2015 04:44:58
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  16:14:25  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, this is what it feels like to be a Greyhawk fan. Limited setting support sucks. :(

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  16:42:44  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brian R. James

So, this is what it feels like to be a Greyhawk fan. Limited setting support sucks. :(

Or a Dragonlance one. Or really, any of the other settings that WotC no longer supports.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 10 Apr 2015 16:43:07
Go to Top of Page

Derulbaskul
Senior Scribe

Singapore
408 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  17:22:52  Show Profile Send Derulbaskul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Even worse: Eberron.

At least Greyhawk has an active fan base. Eberron fans are distinguished by their lack of online presence....

Cheers
D

NB: Please remember: A cannon is a big gun. Canon is what we discuss here.
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  18:54:20  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The lack of any observable strategy on the part of WotC regarding the Realms beyond getting a few novels and adventures out which they can be reasonably sure will pay for themselves and hopefully generate some profit leads me to one main guess:

They don't really know much more than we do about what's the future of the Realms IP. The market is so delicate they are opting for the simplest business model possible, which is hardly any business model at all - just keep promoting those parts of the IP they're fairly confident about. They're grasping at straws, and budgetary constraints (as well as the relative failure of the 4e Realms) make it abundantly clear they can't embark on a more aggressive business model right now.

This could change. There's a lot about the future even people at WotC and Hasbro don't know. But for now, a return to 90s and 2000s publishing schedules seem like fantasy. I wouldn't necessarily discard a setting book, however, as that would be considerably cheap and probably get decent sales, compared to, say, a series of regional books or new lines of novels.

And I agree Ed was probably talking about the direction of Realms-related development when he said he was happy. The Sundering, related things that they are doing now, and that they'll still be doing for a while. And I'm with him on that point, from the standpoint of development work, the Realms seems to be much, much better directed now than a few years ago. There's just not enough money and not enough market confidence to turn that good direction into lots of juicy lore and stories.

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  21:34:43  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

Wizards sucks is all I can say.

We get a set of fantastic rules but their strategy is something out of WTF land.
Comments like these only serve one purpose: they ensure WotC will not think of Candlekeep as a place to look for ideas from Realms fans on how WotC could do things better.

Thanks for helping to curtail our voice.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  23:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mapolq

But for now, a return to 90s and 2000s publishing schedules seem like fantasy. I wouldn't necessarily discard a setting book, however, as that would be considerably cheap and probably get decent sales, compared to, say, a series of regional books or new lines of novels.

I was just thinking the same the other day. Between novels, adventures, and sourcebooks, it was better than one Realms product a month, not to mention articles/adventures in Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron.

Have the costs to producing new material made the old business model an unprofitable venture? That's likely the nub of why we aren't seeing new material. That's my opinion of the moment. Maybe WotC/Hasbro want to know how well the new edition sells, how many new printings are needed, before producing more sourcebooks.

quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:

We get a set of fantastic rules but their strategy is something out of WTF land.
Comments like these only serve one purpose: they ensure WotC will not think of Candlekeep as a place to look for ideas from Realms fans on how WotC could do things better.

I agree with Jeremy, bad mouthing WotC/Hasbro does not serve us well if we want new Realms products. Reasoned criticism is fine. We should be able to discern the difference before posting it here, or anywhere else for that matter.

Edited by - Rymac on 10 Apr 2015 23:38:45
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2015 :  23:54:35  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rymac

quote:

But for now, a return to 90s and 2000s publishing schedules seem like fantasy. I wouldn't necessarily discard a setting book, however, as that would be considerably cheap and probably get decent sales, compared to, say, a series of regional books or new lines of novels.

I was just thinking the same the other day. Between novels, adventures, and sourcebooks, it was better than one Realms product a month, not to mention articles/adventures in Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron.

Have the costs to producing new material made the old business model an unprofitable venture? That's likely the nub of why we aren't seeing new material. That's my opinion of the moment. Maybe WotC/Hasbro want to know how well the new edition sells, how many new printings are needed, before producing more sourcebooks.

I do not have inside information, however what history I have read does indicate printing costs is and was a concern.

TSR had "Problems with the printers" or words to that effect years ago when people were concerned about not getting their Dragons or Dungeons magazines. A few years later we learned that the problem was TSR could not pay the printers, so they would not print more.

WotC as a now subsidy of Hasbro clearly has to look at the cost of printing and that cost and a profit resulting. It should be noted that WotC as a stand alone Company did look more to the Brand and announced Third Edition at a price that would about cover costs, maybe a small profit. Hasbro then purchased them with profit a greater concern, IIRC Hasbro purchase WotC before the actual release of 3rd Edition (Though third was in pipeline).

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  02:09:48  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

What makes you think they would ever do that anyway? These forums have had fantastic ideas for years and not much has really changed, seems to only get worse to be honest.

I wouldn't worry too much about scaring them off from gathering our precious ideas.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.
Go to Top of Page

Swordsage
Learned Scribe

149 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  03:13:25  Show Profile  Visit Swordsage's Homepage Send Swordsage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I think it's a fairly deluded belief to think that WotC care about what is said here at Candlekeep or in any way consider their business decisions in the context of what the "hardcore" FR fans think. They gave up on the hardcore types years ago, realising that they didn't have the time, money or inclination to keep us happy and scared ordure-less to give the great FR writers (like Eric Boyd, Brian James, Steven Schend etc) the spotlight and an opportunity to shine. No ego points there for them.

The way they harnessed the FR oldtimers to drum up support for the Sundering novels and boost the online buzz about them and then gave them the cold shoulder, was downright deceptive, devious and mean-spirited.

The Realms has been Greyhawked well and truly. Lore light products paying lip-service to the setting will now be what the Realms is all about. Your 'voice' as a hardcore FR fan hasn't changed anything at WotC ever. They don't want to cater to the hardcore fans. Of any setting. Ridiculous to think otherwise.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  03:51:22  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've done more than my fair share of blasting WotC, but even I'm with Jeremy here. It's fine (for a little bit anyway) to sound off about what we think has gone wrong, but it's vital to either have something to say about what we'd like to see done differently and why... or else put a lid on it.

Regardless of whether WotC personnel frequent Candlekeep, we do get new players and DMs... we've had a few first-time posts in the last few days. Who does it serve if we're saying the Realms is dead, WotC doesn't care, etc? What's wrong with putting a positive face on things (no matter how hard WotC shoves its head where the sun don't shine) so that we can encourage new players and DMs to share their own thoughts and give us positive feedback on ours?

It might be your honest opinion, and I'm not saying don't have it or don't say it. You can rant on your own time, in your own space... posting it here serves no constructive purpose. Feel free to go the route I did, and start your own wordpress blog about the Realms, where you can talk freely about what you like and don't like. Put the link in your signature, and some of us will come check it out.

If you've given up on WotC but you still love the Realms, then come up with some new content and share that, and recognize that the community doesn't need or appreciate negativity with no silver lining. Yea, pot calling the kettle black maybe, but I'm working on it and making some progress. Join me.

On the other hand, if you've given up on the Realms entirely... then why are you logging on?

Edited by - xaeyruudh on 11 Apr 2015 03:52:06
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  04:02:07  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some time ago, I said the best thing WotC could *realistically* do at the time would be to effectively gloss over the dramatic and failed U-turn of the 4E Realms (the beginning of it, to be fair - near the end they had seen the failure already and were moving away). Everything in published material I read so far tells me that's exactly what they're doing. I assumed a setting book back then, but I can see why they might not want to publish one, and I've come to see it as not that essential.

Frankly, if in order to have some FR lore written, that lore must be utterly un-Realmsian and delivered in a haphazard fashion, then I much prefer to get a few snippets here and there.

In my opinion, and I think that's shared by some here (I consider myself an old-timer, though I've been on the train only since 99... I'll let you be the judges) much of the Realms' appeal lies in that by getting material from many people across a few decades, the more lore we have, the more questions arise. Quite a few people here downright enjoy the small inconsistencies (those that are nigh-impossible to avoid when building a huge shared world, not those born of deliberate disregard or wilful ignorance). When we see those, we start playing historian. I think that character comes to the Realms from the first published materials. It was built by Ed largely from micro to macro, and it stayed that way up until the end of 3E. If the next book in the Realms launches in 2025 and follows this approach I'll most probably buy it if I'm alive and have savings. If it starts trying to build another Realms from the ground up again, I'll be completely uninterested.

(Needless to say, if people want my money now rather than in 2025 or never, they need to start getting that stuff written)

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

Edited by - Mapolq on 11 Apr 2015 04:07:39
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
466 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  04:17:20  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As for the often made (and sensible) comparison to Paizo, I personally find their material very uninspiring. I've played and ran several Pathfinder campaigns (mostly in the Realms, but also Golarion), and while their system is good, their non-core and setting material feels like late 3E at best.

Go to Top of Page

Rymac
Learned Scribe

USA
315 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  04:52:26  Show Profile  Visit Rymac's Homepage Send Rymac a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

As for the often made (and sensible) comparison to Paizo, I personally find their material very uninspiring. I've played and ran several Pathfinder campaigns (mostly in the Realms, but also Golarion), and while their system is good, their non-core and setting material feels like late 3E at best.

That's what Pathfinder is. It's based off 3 and 3.5 editions under the OGL.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  05:04:11  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

What makes you think they would ever do that anyway?
You've been here long enough to know better.

quote:

These forums have had fantastic ideas for years and not much has really changed, seems to only get worse to be honest.
And you know something? Some of those ideas have found their way into sourcebooks, just like ideas have been borrowed by WotC from the WotC forums.

Anyway, your logic has been tried before. It's just as lacking now as it was the first time I encountered it over fifteen years ago.

Just so we're clear: thinking up ideas for the sake of trying to improve the Realms is a good thing. Being a little frustrated that WotC isn't doing what you think they should be doing is OK too, provided you educate yourself on why they went a different route.

On the other hand, thinking up ideas with the expectation that WotC will automatically implement them and that WotC are stupid for not doing so is arrogant and stupid. 99.9% of us are not professional game designers or business managers. This does not mean our ideas don't have merit, but it does mean we're not in a position to hand an idea to WotC and say "now do this, because I said so."

There is no good reason to conclude WotC does not pay attention to the forums just because most of the ideas posted here haven't been implemented by them.

quote:

I wouldn't worry too much about scaring them off from gathering our precious ideas.
The only thing that bothers me is people pushing a point of view at the expense of the truth. That's a form of dishonesty that nobody on this forum space should have to put up with, and a kind of fandom the Realms can scarcely afford.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  08:17:07  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any more appetite for doing a fan made campaign setting?

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  14:25:10  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would actually like to see Wizards and Paizo swap worlds. Let Wizards have Golarion and let Paizo have FR.

I drool when I daydream what Paizo could do with FR.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Edited by - Shadowsoul on 11 Apr 2015 14:25:58
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  16:22:03  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I would actually like to see Wizards and Paizo swap worlds. Let Wizards have Golarion and let Paizo have FR.

Nothing against Paizo, but I do not share this sentiment. I like a lot of the things they've done, but for all its detail, they've not come close to making the setting come alive for me, the way the Realms is. They likely never will, because it's Ed's hand that did the trick for me.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2015 :  16:35:56  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

quote:

Nothing against Paizo, but I do not share this sentiment. I like a lot of the things they've done, but for all its detail, they've not come close to making the setting come alive for me, the way the Realms is. They likely never will, because it's Ed's hand that did the trick for me.

I'm sure if Paizo had control of FR they would let Ed and all the other great authors dive head first into the Realms and churn out books left and right.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  08:25:58  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Like everyone here, I'm waiting for a new FRCS. I've been stewing over what Chris Perkins said, and also recent news about WoTC's coordinated effort to introduce the Rage of Demons storyline via tabletop, novel & computer game.

This got me thinking about the form that any possible future FRCS could take. I guess that WoTC's main problem is how to maximize sales of this, given that table-top is presumably only a small part of their business/revenue/profit now. In other words, any future FRCS will probably not be aimed solely at table-top D&D players.

What if the FRCS is simultaneously aimed at players/DMs of Sword Coast Legends game? As a player, I would be interested in this, as it would flesh-out and add flavour to the setting. And for DMs interested in making their own modules, it would be a great resource.

Following on from that thought:

1) Timing
According to the Steam website, the Sword Coast Legends game is coming in Q3 this year. If the FRCS is aimed at players of this game, presumably it will be with the same timing (or later).

2) Format
Chris Perkins said "I'm not going to guarantee it's going to be a book". What if it's available as a digital add-on download (payable) via Steam?

I don't know what format they could use to protect it from piracy, but it would be a way to stimulate DMs in creating their own adventures for the Sword Coast Legends game, and it would involve much lower cost, distribution & inventory risk for WoTC, compared to a hardback book.

I'd love to have a hardback, but this might be one way of getting a square peg into a round hole.

What do you think?

Edited by - BenN on 15 May 2015 08:28:31
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  13:24:37  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

Like everyone here, I'm waiting for a new FRCS. I've been stewing over what Chris Perkins said, and also recent news about WoTC's coordinated effort to introduce the Rage of Demons storyline via tabletop, novel & computer game.

This got me thinking about the form that any possible future FRCS could take. I guess that WoTC's main problem is how to maximize sales of this, given that table-top is presumably only a small part of their business/revenue/profit now. In other words, any future FRCS will probably not be aimed solely at table-top D&D players.

What if the FRCS is simultaneously aimed at players/DMs of Sword Coast Legends game? As a player, I would be interested in this, as it would flesh-out and add flavour to the setting. And for DMs interested in making their own modules, it would be a great resource.

Following on from that thought:

1) Timing
According to the Steam website, the Sword Coast Legends game is coming in Q3 this year. If the FRCS is aimed at players of this game, presumably it will be with the same timing (or later).

2) Format
Chris Perkins said "I'm not going to guarantee it's going to be a book". What if it's available as a digital add-on download (payable) via Steam?

I don't know what format they could use to protect it from piracy, but it would be a way to stimulate DMs in creating their own adventures for the Sword Coast Legends game, and it would involve much lower cost, distribution & inventory risk for WoTC, compared to a hardback book.

I'd love to have a hardback, but this might be one way of getting a square peg into a round hole.

What do you think?

I kinda see it, but at the same time it doesn't fit their current M.O.
That would be a single platform solution, and right now their catchword is "multiplatform."
Now, doing that alongside a pdf release or something, maybe.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  13:56:17  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't care whether they do it as a book, or as an hypertext document (obtainable as pdf, or directly accessible in-game by clicking on words in dialogues or descriptions), I would just be immensely happy if they produced one. The hypertext idea would be awesome, IMHO.

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  15:17:57  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

I don't care whether they do it as a book, or as an hypertext document (obtainable as pdf, or directly accessible in-game by clicking on words in dialogues or descriptions), I would just be immensely happy if they produced one. The hypertext idea would be awesome, IMHO.

At this point, I'd prefer that, honestly. Searchable text versus having to flip through a sketchy index has its perks. If they did a print on demand option like they did for the Apocalypse Player's Guide, I'd be extatic.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  15:28:48  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Again, though, how readily available would it be? Would we have to download it from the WotC site, or that D&D classics one? Personally, I would prefer it as a book, or an ereader. A pdf would be okay, so long as I didn't have to scour the internet for it and Wizards made it easily accessible (or they announced where we could get it).

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  15:57:03  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hypertext a la FR wiki would be very useful, though (and you wouldn't need to have it online. Pathfinder PHB has something like that, for example, where conecepts mentioned in the various parts the book have links to the section where they are explained).

Edited by - Irennan on 15 May 2015 15:57:41
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  16:12:59  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If it's as available as the basic rules, I'd say it's easily accessed. The Basic Rules pdf shows up in a Google Search at the top of the list.
The Pathfinder stuff does the same.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  17:45:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They could do something like they did with 4E Core stuff... Put out a physical book and put an online thing out behind a paywall. Add in an app like the Masterwork Tools one for Pathfinder, and that's about as multiplatform as you can get.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2015 :  20:09:47  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd buy it. I'm all for digital. I'm all for digital, as long as it's a format I can back up and print myself. I'd prefer/like to have a print copy, but if it has to be multiplatform, those are my preferences.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000