Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Tethyr/Darromar update
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  14:32:51  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm interested the land of Tethyr, especially the city of Darromar, and wondering if it has been visited in any of the 4E or 5E products. Can anyone shed on light on this?

Thanks!

ec

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  16:58:39  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Elaine,

The last paragraph in Ed's Forging the Realms article: Horl, Breeder of Mules talks about a "monster" underclass forming in Darromar.
Source link: http://archive.wizards.com/DnD/Article.aspx?x=dnd/ftr/20130315

Another Forging article, Monster Breeding for Fun and Profit mentions a Noldur Amlarhand of Darromar who breeds tortoises southwest of the city.
Source link: http://dnd.wizards.com/articles/features/monster-breeding-fun-and-profit

The only other information I know of is in the 4E Campaign Guide. I don't recall if it was ever mentioned in the Dragon/Dungeon articles Ed has written, but I been planning on digging through them so I'll keep an eye out for any info.

Hope this helps. Have a great weekend!
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  17:01:09  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks! :)
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  18:48:03  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My notes from Ed's "Eye on the Realms" articles (which are current Realmslore through at least 1479 DR) in Dragon and Dungeon don't include a mention of Darromar.

In my Realmslore notes I find no references to Darromar in either "Bury Elminster Deep" or "Elminster Must Die".

As for Tethyr in general, the "Eye" articles mention:

• The Fael Threl. Means "Watchful Wise" in Halruann. A cabal of wizards. Not averse to murdering War Wizards or anyone else. Active in Amn, Tethyr and the Dragon Coast. Expanding into Cormyr and Sembia.

• The Haeltower Vineyards, near or in Vineshade, in County Vintor of coastal Tethyr, in the Purple Hills. Not sure of the issue #.

• The Hardhammer mines (known currently as "Dead Dwarf Mine" and a mythical place at that), carved out by the Hardhammer dwarves, beneath Saradush. Dragon 419.

• Malank family of dwarves: Dwarves scattered throughout cities and market towns across Amn and Tethyr, working as traders and metalcrafters. Claimed by some to be descended from the Harhund clan. “Malankh” was used merely as a branch name, denoting descendants of Malankhar Harhund. Dragon 419.

• Kloven: A rural hamlet just south of the Wealdath in Tethyr. See footnote 1 in Dragon 418 for more.

• "Doomstroke". A slang term popular in eastern Amn, Tethyr and the western Vilhon, that is slowly spreading into wider usage. Equivalent to "the last straw." Dragon 419.

• "vaundyr vine". A kind of vine plant with small, green, waxy leaves that grows in abundance in wet, shady areas. Can be found in Amn, Calimshan, the Dragon Coast and Tethyr. Dungeon 195.

• The Five Firewinds Trading Coster: An amalgamation of five smaller costers operating through Baldur’s Gate, Amn, Tethyr, and the Vilhon Reach, with its main offices in Saradush. The coster’s banner is five golden fireballs racing in a line down a maroon field. Dragon 419.

• The Faithful of Xarlhoun: A cult that serves a beholder lurking in Saradush. Dragon 419.

• Bold Delvers: A handful of treasure-seekers and wandering blades gleaned from the taverns of Saradush, but treachery over the division of the meager spoils of their first foray led to the Delvers battling each other through the alleys of Saradush in a nasty feud that ended only when all the Delvers except one were dead or fled from the city. Dragon 419.

• Kickers of the Duke's Teeth: A newly arrived Tethyrian band of rogues, murderers, and ale-lovers who stole every coin they could find in Saradush until exasperated wealthy citizens hired mercenaries to exterminate them. Dragon 419.

• The Guard of Saradush: that location's police force. Dragon 419

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2015 :  12:39:23  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Haeltower Vineyards are in Dragon #407. Rich Baker also did an article on the Purple Halls of Sulduskoon in Dragon #362 (which was just on the cusp of 4e's release).

The Purple halls were the headquarters of a band of Shoon Imperium assassins, then an adventuring band and finally a group of Cyricist crusaders. The halls contain several portals and much of it remains unexplored by its current occupants.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000