Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 All Things Moonshae
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2019 :  10:14:06  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In the end I went for all monarchies in the moonshaes are a form of elected monarchy (except for the high king and now callidyrr which have hereditary monarchies).

So the clans elect a king from within a hereditary dynasty. This is just a formality however and in almost all instances the title passes from father to eldest child unless they are deemed wholly unsuitable (like Tristan due to his age and behaviour).

I figure the current and middle ages behaviour of Scottish nobility was all derived and inherited from exposure to England (via conquest or just imitation) so I ignored almost all of that and went back to a time without a hereditary monarchy where the clans owned the land. The king therefore had to keep the support of the clans or else risk being deposed and so a peripatetic monarchy helps a king do that (spending time with all clans).

The king is therefore more of a peacekeeper in early moonshae society. Centrally powerful kingdoms like callidyrr eroded the power of the clans completely and have all but removed them from society. Corwell is less centralised than callidyrr and so has turned the clans into a form of hereditary nobility (making them barons of a sort but the title is owned by the clan as a whole). While moray is a weakly centralised monarchy and so has remained in the same ancient clan structure of the moonshae isles (with a few exceptions).

I tried to make it as workable and fluid as possible within the bounds of history using what information was available on the moonshaes (callidyrr had Earl's so that were feudal nobility, corwell had clans voting for a king so they were at least part tanistry, moray had no castle so was not centralised at all).

I agree the opportunity for intrigue is greater in moray but I don't think the ffolk are like that. I'm not sure any of the clans want to be king really, it's hard work and they don't gain much more power than they have now. Intrigue is much more prevalent in callidyrr with the significant tethyrian heritage.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2019 :  13:32:33  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
OK, here's a weird one ... not sure I should bring it up. Have you looked at Realmspace, pages 55-56? Curious about Omar McDauphin, now a stone giant? Curious about the origins of the Dark Moon assassins? Curious where Iron Keep Bay came from?

Inquiring minds should not want to know ...

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2019 :  13:47:30  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have looked at Omar macdauphin and I decided that the mention of his events being recent was a mistake or a relative version of recent. After coming up with a timeline for everything I figure the northmen conquered Oman in 761 dr and that Omar macdauphin couldn't have a castle on the island after that date.

So I made the disappearance of his castle leave a huge hole in defences on the island and allowed the northmen to conquer it. The northmen invasion prompted his badly worded wish which inadvertently made the invasion successful.

The dark moon I have as a wolf shape shifting group of assassins that live in the feywild / plane of faeree, and have been used to kill a number of ffolk and northmen kings (they tried to kill high king tanner (or perhaps byron, I forget now). They use the moonwells and faerie crossroads to get where they need and then change into a wolf and eat their target. Those who fail to kill the target are killed so many flee into exile.

Just my thoughts

Alternate Realms Site

Edited by - Gary Dallison on 08 Dec 2019 16:46:28
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2019 :  16:16:40  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also made iron keep the former site of the capital of the firbolg empire that once covered much of the moonshaes (which grond was ruler of.

The ruins were ancient and occupied by giants, so the ffolk and northmen had to periodically clear them out only for the giants to return.

At least that's what I've done with them. There really isn't any other lore available.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2019 :  16:58:25  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm very interested to know your plans for the dark moon. I am conscious that I likely violated canon but could not resolve that semi realms resource to the reality.

A century ago (which I think is the timeframe it gives in realm space) contradicts novel lore regarding Oman, it also goes against the trend of declining power in the ffolk kingdoms and a lack of cooperation among them. If a single ffolk kingdom were able to take back a portion of Oman from the soon to be most powerful northmen nation in the moonshaes then the present of the moonshaes would look very different.

So I decided a century could have meant centuries, or perhaps that source was written a long time ago and described an event more recent to that.

Just my thoughts, I'm more than happy to discuss all the sources and my reasoning and potential developments if you want (email is fine if you want to not give away any hints)

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  20:32:35  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

I'm not much in inquiring mind as a water testing toe-tipper so that I can make that acrobatics check to spin out and live! haha

So...when do we get these amazing things? :)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

OK, here's a weird one ... not sure I should bring it up. Have you looked at Realmspace, pages 55-56? Curious about Omar McDauphin, now a stone giant? Curious about the origins of the Dark Moon assassins? Curious where Iron Keep Bay came from?

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 24 Feb 2020 :  20:35:21  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

I'm not much in inquiring mind as a water testing toe-tipper so that I can make that acrobatics check to spin out and live! haha

So...when do we get these amazing things? :)

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2020 :  16:23:41  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Will there ever be a dynastic listing of the monarchies of the Ffolk? Since the policy is to have them elective, then you would have to spend some time creating a nobility/clans/gentry that would comprise the pool of candidates.

And if we can't have them all, how about the line of the Corwell Kendricks, including the ones that were "passed over", if any.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2020 :  16:29:43  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When I say elective I mean elective from within the same dynasty (I think it's called tanist succession).

So the clans could elect who they wanted to rule but only from within the same family. When that family line ends (or in the case of tristan there are no suitable heirs) then it falls back to the ancient high kings law (the high king chooses).

I eventually ran out of motivation and material but hope to one day come back to this. The crux of the issue of Tristan kendricks succession crisis was that he was the last of the line and so even in a tanist succession model that causes a problem.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2020 :  18:18:16  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

When I say elective I mean elective from within the same dynasty (I think it's called tanist succession).

Yes, that system is called tanistry.

Edited by - ElfBane on 25 May 2020 18:19:12
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2020 :  18:38:45  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to know my years spent playing crusader kings 2 were not entirely wasted.

From what I can gather elective succession is not uncommon in tribal societies and looking at the cymrych dynasty you can see that occasionally a third son inherits before a 2nd son and that is likely only possible with an elective succession

Because there are dynasties it must have been elective within a dynasty (tanistry) and because the other ffolk kingdoms were founded after the formation of callidyrr it is likely that they inherited their governance from the high kingdom.

Yes corwell is a special case because it was originally governed directly from callidyrr (as cymrych hugh was king of both) and set a regent to govern corwell, but tribes and nobility tend to get angry if they have their noble rights removed so a tanistry succession is the sensible option in all cases.
The fact that it reverts to the high kings judgement if no heir is selected is probably a law from the time of the mad high king who slew and entire dynasty and moved his capital to corwell (so he could seize control of it).

Anyways, ramblings over. I'm fairly certain all the canon points to tanistry a d the lack of a suitable heir means Tristan must have been the last of his dynasty. Another dynasty could have been chosen but that requires the agreement of all the clans of corwell or a ruling from the high king.
Plus it's an easy get out for those developing the moonshaes as it means Tristan is the last surviving kendrick so no more detailing is required for claimants.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 14 Sep 2020 :  19:21:42  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe ElfBane,

It is odd, I must say. It's so spotty in that you can easily find Cymrych Hugh as first High King, and find a few others here and there, but nothing substantial, which is odd with the considerable history and seeming continuity of rulers.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2020 :  06:20:28  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello All,
I'm hoping I can get some assistance figuring out the lineage of a couple of npcs. One is from the Carrathal fanily and the other is from the Kendrick family.

1411 DR (Year of the Wrathful Vizier)
Crown Princess Cymidei Carrathal of the Moonshae Isles leads a massacre of all fey dwelling within Deachtere Wood southeast of Cantrev Dynnatt.

I can't figure out if Cymidei is Lionel's daughter or sister. I'm feeling like she is his daughter. Anyone know?

1408 DR (Year of the Solitary Cloister)
In the Moonshae Isles, Lionel Carrathal claims the throne of Corwell in challenge to newly ascended High Queen Feithline Kendrick of Callidyrr.

Again, can't place the lineage of Feithline. Elder sister of Derid Kendrick?

If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2020 :  10:08:21  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only person who can help is Brian R James, author of GHotR, who decided to continue the history of the Moonshaes post-Spellplague on the WotC forums (now defunct). This was fanlore and in no way official. It has not been revisited since and Brian has moved away from the Realms. I suggest you make some stuff up.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2020 :  21:42:27  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
Thanks for the update. I PMed BRJ concerning this hoping to get some clarification, but have received no response.

I guess I will do my best to place the two into their respective timelines/lineages... they aren't really critical so much as loose ends I was trying to tie up.

Anyway. Thanks for the help.
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2020 :  22:03:26  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a general rule of thumb there is a 20-30 year generational gap, which is the time it takes for a human to grow to adulthood and have kids and is roughly the same amount of time for their parents to age and die.

To keep it interesting you vary the times per individual having some die young and others live long.

Derid is king In 1490 so it is very unlikely that he was a sibling to a princess in 1410 given that alicia was queen in the 1370s and probably had children shortly after that (a monarchy needs to have a clear future dynasty to ensure long term stability).

1410 would put feithline Kendrick as a possible daughter of Alicia, maybe a grandaughter.

Derid could be Feithlines son, but he would be over 100 in 1490. Most likely he is a grandson or great grandson or even great great grandson (if they had kids young and there were lots of tumultuous events to prune the family tree and encourage early parenthood).

Crown Princess is an odd title to be given to a Carrathal given that the lineage died out or lost its claim to rulership.

If Lionel were a brother he would be Crown Prince. If he were a son he would be a prince I suppose but then she would be wed and might not be a Carrathal anymore.

I recall in GHoTR that the Carrathals died out at least in those descended from Reginald. Mayhaps one of these had a sister who claimed the title Crown Princess and her children took the title.
Cymidei could be one of those descendants and Lionel could be her husband. They both seem to be working together against the Kendricks and likely had support among the ffolk that weren't happy about losing Corwell to the Fey.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

wildeman
Seeker

USA
75 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2020 :  07:31:16  Show Profile Send wildeman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
George,
Btw, you are incorrect in saying BRJ is the only person who could help. Your info was actually very helpful and informative. Plus, after knowing what you shared, I feel more at ease drawing my own conclusions and creating my own material from this older lore/fan fiction. So again, thank you for your assistance.

Hey Gary,

In 1408 DR Lionel Carrathal challenges the Kendrick's by claiming the throne of Corwell... iirc, after Alicia's death and Feithline's ascension as High Queen... but he does it from the family holdings in Amn. Lionel was born in 1355 DR... making him 53 years of age in 1408 DR. If Lionel claims the crown of Corwell in 1408 DR and then Cymidei massacres the fey in 1411 DR, I feel like the title of "Crown Princess" refers to the throne of Caer Corwell and that she is Lionel's daughter.

Also, in 1385 DR Lionel is supposed to have a mercenary force he intends to use to take the crown of the Moonshaes from the Kendrick family. Then the Spellplague happens and he spends the next two decades rebuilding. So the 1385 DR to 1408 DR time frame works okay in getting him and his to Corwell. So I could make Cymidei Carrathal's date of birth 1391 DR, making her 19 years of age in 1411 DR when she orders the fey massacre.

Which brings to mind the question of WHY did she lead a force that massacred the fey living in Deachtere Wood? The Wood is very near Cantrev Dynnatt. I've been thinking that there might have been a romantic connection between Cymidei and the Laird/Son of the Laird of Cantrev Dynnatt. This romantic lead runs afoul of some sort of fey creature while hunting in Deachtere Wood. The death/horrible maiming and disfigurement of her beloved sends Cymidei into a murderous rage leading her to do the terrible deed. And this leads into Lady Ordalf of Sarifal ordering all non fey to be driven from Gwynneth. Cymidei Carrathal, knowing she is in great danger, leaves the Moonshaes and returns to her family's modest holdings in Amn.

Cymidei's son (needs a name... something from the Dynnatt family), born in 1422 DR, will have a son, Llyr Carrathal (working name for the moment), in 1447 DR. This should, if I have this correct, brings me up to the most current in the lineage of Carrathal. Llyr Carrathal would be 43 years of age in 1493 DR.

One last note on the Carrathal family line, in 1413 DR Lionel Carrathal attempts to flee Caer Corwell, but his ship is sunk in the Corwell Firth by a Leviathan... all hands lost.

I did a keyword search of GHotR for Carrathal and got zero hits, so I'm not sure. Dragon Magazine #362 has this...

"Reginald 1312 1332/1346 Third son of Alec IV; murdered by the traitorous black wizard
Cyndre.

Brynth* 1334 -- Bastard son of Reginald; raised in Amn with his birthmother;
slain by wererats in 1371.

Lionel* 1355 -- Grandson of Reginald; son of Brynth.

*Did not rule; marked for line of succession."

I don't have a canonical source for High Queen Alicia's death. One source I've been using, a web site called History of the Forgotten Realms, places her death about 1407 DR. So that would make High King Derid over 86 years of age in 1493 DR if he were her son.

Queen Alicia Kendrick of the Moonshae Isles weds Keane in 1369 DR. High King Keane dies in 1373 DR. So, if they have a daughter, Feithline, she would need to be born in 1372 DR. This would make her 35-36 years of age when she ascends the throne of the High Queen in 1407-8 DR.

At this point it looks like I'm going to need to create a son for Feithline who would be the father of Derid Kendrick... Derid being born in 1428 DR to be 65 years of age in 1493 DR.

Well, I'm not sure if that was worth the effort, but it at least helped me to get my thoughts down on the "page" as it were. If anyone has a better idea I'm certainly open.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2021 :  10:12:07  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all!
I can find when the Llewer Elves settled Gwynneth (-9800 DR), but does anyone know when humans arrived?
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2021 :  10:22:49  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
140 DR is the official date for ffolk colonizing Gwynneth.

I added a few extra dates for separate groups of ffolk colonizing alaron in 146 DR and another group colonizing south western edge of Gwyneth and flamsterd before 140 DR

Tethyrian arrived 467 DR in alaron mostly

The northmen arrive in waves from about 256 DR onwards conquering different islands as they go. I had a much earlier wave of northmen arrive when they first appeared in faerun around -2000 dr, but this settlement was eradicated and the humans became slaves to the leshay in their fight with kazgoroth.

That's just my version though, you probably want 140 DR

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2021 :  14:56:24  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you again Dazzler. I'll use the -2000 DR,,, I need more time to flesh out the scenario.
Go to Top of Page

ElfBane
Learned Scribe

USA
275 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2021 :  15:14:24  Show Profile Send ElfBane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
BTW, what humans, and where are they coming from, do you have invading Gwynneth in the -2000DR time period?
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 15 Jan 2021 :  15:31:20  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The northmen.

We have northmen arriving in faerun about -3000 dr and in some sources they migrate south to north, in others they migrate north to south, and in a few they migrate east to west over land. They all end up in ruathym.

I decided they were all true and figured the south to north migration would have encountered the moonshaes (it's too big to miss and the coastal currents seem to head towards it in some places)

So if they arrived they must have got killed off or avoided it. The LeShay abduct ffolk in the current age for use in their armies so why not have this happen way back way as well.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2021 :  17:00:16  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right then, I'm nearing the end of another salvatore novel, and after such a slog I like to reward myself with some world development. I think I might take a trip down memory lane and return to the moonshae isles.

So in the years since I started have there been any new developments in moonshae lore. Has Ed released anything on twitter. Was anything discussed on a gencon. Has there been anything mentioned in a 5e sourcebook. Has anyone got any of their own developments they'd like to share (George, Eric?)

After reading the Lord of Lowhill short story I now have a set of cursed items that attracts people to the Castle of Skulls and I can use it to explain why the witches of corwell went to the castle in the first place and recovered the cauldron of doom.

Got a lot of baldman games adventures to try and rationalise into moonshae history (I think they have released up to 10-3 on DMs Guild).

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2021 :  15:24:55  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Brian James came up with some stuff for a Dragon article: https://web.archive.org/web/20090601214206/http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/drfe/20080110

There's also the Moonshae Regional Guide at the DMs Guild by Eric Menge and co.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2021 :  16:02:14  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think the earliest the Northuir (Northmen) should explore the northern Moonshaes is circa -1000 DR, as that is roughly when they begin settling the other northern isles of the Trackless Sea. (Realistically, it should be a little later than that, as other islands would have been settled first.)

From Dragon #362, with tweaks by me.

c. –1000 For the next several centuries, the Ruathens of Ruathym colonize the Gull Rocks, Gundarlun, Mintarn, the Purple Rocks, the Teeth, Tuern (a.k.a., Uttersea), Umukek, the Wave Rocks, and the Whalebones. In time these Ruathen seafarers become known as the Northuir (Northmen). Thinking them cursed, the Northuir stay clear of the Moonshae Isles and its mischievous fey inhabitants.

256 Year of the Thousand Snows: Illuskan sailors from the island nations of Tuern and Gundarlun make landfall on the Moonshae Islands, finding a collection of squabbling kingdoms. The Ffolk of the Moonshaes concede the northern isles to Northuir (Northmen) invaders from the island nations of Tuern and Gundarlun. Over the next couple centuries, Ffolk settlements throughout the Moonshaes suffer seasonal attacks from the barbaric Northmen.

--
Go to Top of Page

TheIriaeban
Master of Realmslore

USA
1289 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2021 :  16:44:30  Show Profile Send TheIriaeban a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Were there any more of those GHotR articles written? The wiki only list the Moonshaes one.

"Iriaebor is a fine city. So what if you can have violence between merchant groups break out at any moment. Not every city can offer dinner AND a show."

My FR writeups - http://www.mediafire.com/folder/um3liz6tqsf5n/Documents
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2021 :  16:45:20  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all those Eric and George, I suppose it's good to know the moonshaes are still untouched wilderness (in game and in terms of ongoing development and interest), I shall have to dust off my creative thinking cap. The Legion of the Damned alone should give much fuel for development.

Surely the sailors from Tuern and Gundarlun cannot be Illuskan and Northuir.

My initial thoughts were that the idea of the moonshaes as a cursed land comes from a much earlier (and failed) attempt at settlement when the northmen first arrived in faerun. Nothing survives of that initial settlement attempt except the warning tales of fishwives.

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2065 Posts

Posted - 05 Apr 2021 :  23:09:38  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gary Dallison

Surely the sailors from Tuern and Gundarlun cannot be Illuskan and Northuir.

I think I posted this earlier, but here's how I'm differentiating Ruathen from Northuir from Illuskan.

Ruathen is the original ethnic group on Ruathym.
Northuir is the name of that same ethnic group after they settle the Trackless Sea.
Illuskan is the name of that ethnic group after they merge with the Netherese.

--Eric

--
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2022 :  13:28:31  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On the LordGosumba's recent podcast, (along with a ton of other interesting information) Eric Menge revealed some very interesting information on (his and Baldman Games take in their products about) Moonshae Isles and spectcially the Earthmother:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1466174664?t=1h46m9s
https://youtu.be/72axSxslI9M?t=6405

In short - the Earthmother started out as a LeShay (or rather Primal Elf) named Cymry, with Ordalf being her sister who wa close to her. Although you there both are children of Corellon (born of his blood, as other first elves. During the war between Corellon and Lolth, she decided to not support either site, and decided to though like Corellon before, become a creator herself, and merged with or became the Moonshae Isles - and the Primal Spirit embodying them.

Edited by - Baltas on 27 Apr 2022 13:44:16
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2022 :  13:42:10  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cymry is a bit too close to real world for me, taking directly from the welsh language.

Also not entirely seeing the connection between the leshay and corellon.

Might be something I can steal though. I've already got ordalfs sister and while I dont like to mix the divine events with real world ones it seems that the leshay of the moonshaes could have decided not to help the elves during the last crown wars while corellon and his Fey lords did side with the elves.

I'll have a look at the source though before making up my mind. Cheers for the heads up

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page