Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 RPG News & Releases
 Shadows of Mordor
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 07 Oct 2014 :  04:28:08  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anybody played this yet? Everything I've seen reminds me of Assassin's Creed. I'm intrigued by the Wraith-Ranger/Celebrimbor storyline. Impartial reviews? Partial reviews? Criticisms? Witticisms?

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Green Dragonscale Dice Bag by Crystalsidyll - check it out

Edited by - Fellfire on 07 Oct 2014 05:37:48

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  11:43:47  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still nodody has played this? I thought for sure there'd be a few LotR junkies/video game freaks in these halls.

Misanthorpe

Love is a lie. Only hate endures. Light is blinding. Only in darkness do we see clearly.

"Oh, you think darkness is your ally? You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man, by then it was nothing to me but.. blinding. The shadows betray you because they belong to me." - Bane The Dark Knight Rises

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  14:10:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I played and loved the hell out of Lord of the Rings Online, but nowadays, I'm lucky to have enough time to play a few levels of Angry Birds on my tablet...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Fellfire
Master of Realmslore

1965 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2014 :  20:06:47  Show Profile Send Fellfire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I've seen, it looks a lot like Assassin's Creed which is worse than crack. I can play 18 hours straight. No problem. I just can't stop.

Misanthorpe

Edited by - Fellfire on 19 Oct 2014 20:08:15
Go to Top of Page

Giant Snake
Acolyte

48 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2015 :  07:35:42  Show Profile Send Giant Snake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have this on my PS3 and I really want to like it, but you can tell that they're trying to stuff 10 pounds of ...um, mud... Into a five pound sack. A lot of fun but the load times and glitches are very frustrating. I wouldn't recommend getting on a last gen console.

The game itself is pretty fun if a little bare bones. I love the nemesis system and the endless variety of rivals you can have. The challenge seems kind of weak at first, but you will run into some challenging enemy abilities very soon. I only wish there was a little more than what the game offers, and while the character designs are good (especially for the evil men in league with Sauron), you will get tired of looking at dreary Mordor pretty soon.
Another gripe about the design - was it really necessary to give the main character a broken sword to use? I mean you are already in Middle Earth and you just so happen to be a ranger, so is a phony Narsil really that necessary?

I do recommend the game if you can look past those gripes. If you are still last gen, pick up a Dark Souls game and Red Dead Redemption instead. There is more to look at in either and they both do the best parts of this game better in their own way - the former for swordplay, visuals, and an RP element, and the latter for story and an amazing open world experience.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000