Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Howdy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  18:04:17  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well, it's been over 10 years since I posted last and probably since I played, but I hear there's a new edition coming out set in a certain place so I decided to show my face around here again.

"Hurling himself upon his enemies, he terrified them with slaughter!"

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  18:27:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
10 years, really? I thought it had been a lot more recent than that...

Good to see you back!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  18:51:29  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Seems like it, but I checked my last post before I said hi. April of 2004!

How have you been Wooly?

Candlekeep proverb: If a thing is said often enough, fools aplenty will believe it to be true.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  20:17:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, since April 2004, I've moved a couple times, switched jobs a couple times, lost most of everything I owned in a fire, gone from being a single guy to a married father... A few things have changed.

Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4684 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  20:49:13  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well that adds up to 10 years and about 3 months (maybe four depending on day of prior post *S*).

Welcome back.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  21:12:45  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is a lot Wooly. Just a second child here and nothing else major I would say. Hope you've recovered all the important things since the fire, Realms stuff up there after life, limbs, and family.

Almost 10 years 4 months Ken. We'll see how 5.0 plays soon enough, but it looks like I've missed a few, minor I'm sure, changes to the Realms. And thanks!

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2014 :  21:44:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by hammer of Moradin

That is a lot Wooly. Just a second child here and nothing else major I would say. Hope you've recovered all the important things since the fire, Realms stuff up there after life, limbs, and family.

Almost 10 years 4 months Ken. We'll see how 5.0 plays soon enough, but it looks like I've missed a few, minor I'm sure, changes to the Realms. And thanks!

I've replaced the Realmslore; I've now got more than I had before. I also wound up with all of the Al-Qadim and Planescape stuff, too, which I didn't have before.

Thank Lurue, the stuff lost was in a storage place. I moved out of my apartment, put everything in storage, and then the place was struck by lightning and burned to the ground. So while I did lose a lot, some of which can't be replaced, it could have been a lot worse.

Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  13:31:18  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Hammer!

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page

The Masked Mage
Great Reader

USA
2420 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  14:29:10  Show Profile Send The Masked Mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome aboard sir!
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2014 :  16:53:30  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Arcanamach and Masked Mage. Well met!

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  03:21:13  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to see you Hammer of Moradin. Welcome back.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  05:32:42  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

hammer of Moradin
Senior Scribe

USA
758 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2014 :  19:26:24  Show Profile  Visit hammer of Moradin's Homepage Send hammer of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you George and Jeremy. Good to be back. Now just waiting on the new books to trickle in.

Go to Top of Page

Drustan Dwnhaedan
Learned Scribe

USA
324 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2014 :  02:24:45  Show Profile Send Drustan Dwnhaedan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to the 'keep, and well met, hammer of Moradin! (Um, a newbie like me welcoming back a veteran scribe I've never met isn't too weird, is it?)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000