Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GENCON 2008
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  11:24:54  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Aye.

As it happens, my error with the dates earlier was actually due to my thinking of the dates for the Australian Gen Con, which starts this week. So I'll be heading off to Brisbane in the coming days.

Just discovered some fantastic news! It's my weekend off at Menards, so I don't need to switch weekends with my fellow manager!!! *Shimmies*

We are nearly under a month! *shimmies left*

And I have this 4th of July weekend off! *shimmies right*

Edit: So, I meant to also reply in my fantastic shimmy dance if anyone here is indeed planning on the Costume Ball or not? Just asking so I can get a few things together for it since I'm going in my robe I have, it just needs a necklace and I just need to redo a staff of mine (My staves are awesome btw)

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006

Edited by - Neriandal Freit on 30 Jun 2008 11:26:44
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  19:54:04  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So did we settle on a Candlekeep Meetup time and place? I'll probably be tooling around with Brian, Erik, Ed, and other FR people anyhow so it shouldn't be a big challenge.

Oh and if you haven't already, I believe that there may still be a few slots available for my Goodman Games tournament. It will be using four new classes (druid, bard, barbarian, and monk) for 4e, and is called "Heroes of the Apocalypse." There are tons of slots for it all throughout the Con. I won't be running all of them, though, so if you want to find one I will be at, contact me. Even if I'm not there, a lot of the characters and work is mine.

Erik and I are also running a game called "Six from Relkingham." It's currently full, but that may change.

We may also be doing a second run of it for people we know (which includes you all).

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  20:02:07  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

So did we settle on a Candlekeep Meetup time and place? I'll probably be tooling around with Brian, Erik, Ed, and other FR people anyhow so it shouldn't be a big challenge.

As I said a few times, I'll be outside of the hotel on Sat, and Sunday, mornings. If anyone wants to meet there, thats where I'll be. Its way to complicated to meet inside the Center.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  21:16:08  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

As I said a few times, I'll be outside of the hotel on Sat, and Sunday, mornings. If anyone wants to meet there, thats where I'll be. Its way to complicated to meet inside the Center.

I think the Hyatt would also be a fair place. Memory serves me, it's not hard to find someone in that big open building.

We've got less then 44 days to decide where for sure... *shimmies*

"Eating people is wrong...unless it's on the first date." - Ed Greenwood, GenCon Indy 2006
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2008 :  21:41:26  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Oh and if you haven't already, I believe that there may still be a few slots available for my Goodman Games tournament. It will be using four new classes (druid, bard, barbarian, and monk) for 4e, and is called "Heroes of the Apocalypse." There are tons of slots for it all throughout the Con. I won't be running all of them, though, so if you want to find one I will be at, contact me. Even if I'm not there, a lot of the characters and work is mine.

Erik and I are also running a game called "Six from Relkingham." It's currently full, but that may change.

We may also be doing a second run of it for people we know (which includes you all).

If you guys add a second and can handle a newb, count me in! Let us know if ya do.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  01:10:36  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm happy to try and meet where ever the rest of you decide.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  01:22:50  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sage, do you think we could get a broken down list of who is going and where they are staying to attempt to help us out?

IE:

Neriandal Freit (Aka Charles Grimes) - 4 Days - With Kuje and Momma

etc,etc :P

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  01:25:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
First, I think it would be just easier for all scribes attending Gen Con to follow your post here and confirm they're coming. Then we can compose a proper listing with up-to-date details.

What do you think?

Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  01:34:43  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

First, I think it would be just easier for all scribes attending Gen Con to follow your post here and confirm they're coming. Then we can compose a proper listing with up-to-date details.

What do you think?

Agreed with that.

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  01:45:06  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
KnightErrantJR (Jared Rascher), 4 days, 8-5 each day accounted for except for Friday (busy all day until 1 am) and Saturday (free until the Secrets of the Forgotten Realms Seminar, then busy until 5 pm), Hotel about 8 miles out from the convention center.

Edited by - KnightErrantJR on 01 Jul 2008 01:45:56
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  01:52:18  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, ya know I'm going. :)

My flight arrives in Indy around 10AM on Friday and Sunday's flight leaves at around 530PM.

I'll be at the Hilton Indianapolis on 120 West Market Street, again, because that was where I was in 2006. Neri, it seems, is sharing a room with us.

quote:
Originally posted by Neriandal Freit

quote:

Sage, do you think we could get a broken down list of who is going and where they are staying to attempt to help us out?

IE:

Neriandal Freit (Aka Charles Grimes) - 4 Days - With Kuje and Momma

etc,etc :P

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Brian R. James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
1098 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  01:59:49  Show Profile  Visit Brian R. James's Homepage Send Brian R. James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Flying in late on Wednesday, leaving early on Monday.

Brian R. James - Freelance Game Designer

Follow me on Twitter @brianrjames
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  02:15:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm also flying in on the Wednesday, and I'll be leaving the following Wednesday.

Go to Top of Page

Neriandal Freit
Senior Scribe

USA
396 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  02:48:43  Show Profile  Visit Neriandal Freit's Homepage Send Neriandal Freit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hotels everyone?

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  03:28:39  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lees Inn . . . and I was wrong . . . its nine miles out . . . thankfully my lovely wife will be driving me to and fro for the duration.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Jul 2008 :  03:39:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't remember which hotel I'm staying at. I don't have my itinerary with me at the moment. I'll update this post with the info when I get home from the library.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  00:53:35  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Red Walker - Ashley Vestal will be here indefinitely, staying at chateau du Vestal
quote:

Go to Top of Page

JamesLowder
Forgotten Realms Author & Game Designer

USA
310 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  02:15:02  Show Profile  Visit JamesLowder's Homepage Send JamesLowder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be at the show from Wednesday afternoon until some time Sunday.

Still putting my schedule together, but I have one event set. Along with Ed Greenwood, Paul Kemp, Mike Stackpole, and Greg Stolze, I'll be participating in a signing for Worlds of Their Own at the Paizo booth, Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  18:04:46  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Driving in Wednesday, leaving some time on Sunday.

Like Jim, still assembling the schedule, though the bulk of my time on Thursday and Friday will be with the Writers' Symposium seminars. I know I have signings at Author's Alley on Friday and Sunday (if memory serves well), but I'll post a schedule when I have one solid.

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2008 :  18:49:19  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

Driving in Wednesday, leaving some time on Sunday.

Like Jim, still assembling the schedule, though the bulk of my time on Thursday and Friday will be with the Writers' Symposium seminars. I know I have signings at Author's Alley on Friday and Sunday (if memory serves well), but I'll post a schedule when I have one solid.

SES

As long as Rockbottom Brewery is on there, Steven, I think you'll have a splendid time. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  08:16:27  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

For those who are traveling from across the country or from another country, when are you arriving in Indy? Anyone coming early and or staying late?
I'm coming in around midnight on Wednesday night and leaving on the 7 am flight on on Monday morning.

I'll try and have a "My Name Is..." tag this year, but everyone knows my non-forum name by now, so it shouldn't be too hard to find me. I'll be the one stroking Ed's beard.

I trust you have grown a sagely beard of your own before GenCon?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 04 Jul 2008 :  08:30:02  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's sad that I cannot attend GenCon -- it's so far away from our frigid shores here in Scandinavia, and librarians (at least here) don't get paid well enough for me to actually save any money.

I trust you guys will buy a miniature of a bearded wizard with two earrings, tag him with my name, and parade him around the Con!

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2008 :  03:25:20  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JamesLowder

I'll be at the show from Wednesday afternoon until some time Sunday.

Still putting my schedule together, but I have one event set. Along with Ed Greenwood, Paul Kemp, Mike Stackpole, and Greg Stolze, I'll be participating in a signing for Worlds of Their Own at the Paizo booth, Saturday from 2:30 to 3:30.

Cheers,
Jim Lowder

Excellent. I'll have to check you guys out. And maybe you'll come with Brian, Steve, and the rest of us to dinner/breakfast/whatever happens.

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2008 :  03:28:48  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh and to answer Sage's question, I'll be at the Embassy Suites. I was planning to arrive on Thursday morning, but if I can find someone to put me up Wednesday night, I'd much rather arrive on Wednesday (I'll pay my share of course).

Edited by - EytanBernstein on 06 Jul 2008 03:29:28
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2008 :  04:03:19  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My illustrious standard bearer and I are crashing at the Columbia Club / At Monument Circle Downtown hotel from Wednesday night through Sunday noon. Hadn't seen that one on the table for previous years, and it looks s****y indeed!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2008 :  04:05:25  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You have your own standard bearer, Erik? That's kinda neat!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  02:59:23  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just got my Badge and event tickets for Spin a Yarn and Secrets of the Forgotten Realms woo hoo!
Is everyone else going to those two events?

Edited by - The Red Walker on 11 Jul 2008 02:59:42
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  04:00:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the plan!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  04:12:17  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's the plan!

I will save you a seat

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Jul 2008 :  17:21:15  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to point out that it's funny my s-w-a-n-k-y comment got edited to asterisks. Looks like whoever writes the rules around these parts is British (or of British extraction)!

quote:

You have your own standard bearer, Erik? That's kinda neat!

I sorta do, actually, though I wouldn't say it to his face. Just my bestest-best gaming friend ever, with whom I played 1e D&D in the back room of the library at lunchtime in middle school.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000