Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  05:23:20  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just had an idea for an order. I was wondering if you could try to make a Short Sword that would help a cleric/fighter that follows Selune or someone like her.

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  09:52:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just put Brax to work on your order Targon, it should be ready within a few days.

May your learning be free and unfettered.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Artalis
Senior Scribe

USA
444 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  11:44:16  Show Profile Send Artalis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice work here Sage, many things to pique my interest.

How about a Circlet or Amulet of Mental Protection something to protect a higher level character from the insidious powers of Mind Flayers, scrying and so on?

Artalis

Email

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2003 :  14:33:24  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found something like that Art. It's called a Neuroshield Helmet. It's a gnome-made helmet that has three jewels. Each jewel can absaorb one Mind Blast then you can unleash them back.

Edit: Sorry for advertising a different place in your wonderful shop. I didn't thinkl you would mind one time.

Edited by - Targon Moonrise on 11 May 2003 05:12:15
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2003 :  09:44:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's some fresh new items delivered just this morning,

Gauntlets of the Red Dragon

Description and Powers:
These gauntlets are made from a strange red-tinted metal that gives the gloves a blood red appearance. They look like standard metal gauntlets, except for the knuckle spikes on the tops of each glove, which are made of shaped dire-wolf fangs. The fangs deal no actual damage while connected to the gauntlets and are purely decorative. However they can be broken off the gauntlets at the base and used as standard bone darts dealing the same damage as regular darts of this type. The abilities of the gauntlets are as follows -

These gauntlets deal an additional 1d6 crushing damage upon a victim after a successful hit.

Damage: d4
Caster Level: 4th
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armour
Market Price: 6,535 gp's
Cost to Create: 2,567 gp + 290 XP
Weight: 2 lbs.

Background:
These gauntlets were found in an old abandoned cavern high up in a peak of the Dragonspine Mountains near the Moonsea. The adventurers who found the gauntlets later detailed an account of their find to the Sage, that stated that the gauntlets were found midway into the cavern's reaches in a charred and blasted side-passage. It is assumed that the wearer of the gauntlets probably ran afoul of a red dragon while exploring and was blasted to ash.

There is however, another rumor surrounding the origin of the gauntlets and this is, that they were fashioned by the red dragon himself and instilled with some of the dragon's essence resulting in the red-tinge of the gauntlets. Either rumor is as alikely as the other, as both the dragon and the adventurer have long since disappeared.

Let's hear what you think

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2003 :  10:00:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The next item is a bit more powerful than usual,

The Chaos Warhammer

Description and Powers:
This hammer is rather odd in both it's appearance and crafting. The legends that surround this unique magical item tell us that it was forged from actual chaotic matter deep in the heart of the ever-changing plane of chaos - Limbo. The hammer has no stable colour or series of patterns along it's surface as the surface of the hammer constantly changes it's outlook, as if in continual flux. The only true and accurate piece of knowledge that has been discovered about this hammer is that it was crafted for the purpose of striking at the very forces of law itself. It powers are as follows -

This hammer acts as a chaotic warhammer +2, that has a 25% chance each time it strikes of casting a Chaos Hammer spell on the victim. This weapon may not be used or wielded by any lawfully or neutrally aligned creatures.

Damage: 1d8+2
Caster Level: 9th
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armour, Chaos Hammer, creator must be of chaotic alignment
Market Price: 53,205 gp's
Cost to Create: 21,489 gp + 15290 XP (??? - I am unsure about this)
Weight: 11 lbs.

Background:
Due to the chaotic nature of this item, very little is actually known about it other than what has already been mentioned.

What do you think?.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  09:14:35  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just a quick update for Targon,

The weapon that Brax is designing should be ready by tomorrow.

Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  13:29:27  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
nice, i like the Valroth's Mysterious Dagger, really great, but i think the DC is not high enough for a good rogue, don't u have the same but more powerful?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  08:27:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

eilinel said -
quote:
nice, i like the Valroth's Mysterious Dagger, really great, but i think the DC is not high enough for a good rogue, don't u have the same but more powerful?
Thanks eilinel. If you want something more powerful for the dagger simply alter the stats that you think would make it more powerful. I made the DC low since the general feeling in the shop from customers is that they want low-level items.

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  08:46:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Targon,

Here's what I have so far -

Short Sword of Silver Stars

Damage: 1d6 +1
Weight: 1-1/2 lbs.
Type: Slashing, Piercing

This short-sword is sentient and has an alignment of Chaotic Good. As it is sentient, the sword is able to speak into the mind of the wielder.

Only a wielder of Chaotic Good can hold this short-sword and to do so they must bend it to their will, becoming the dominant force over the sword. The wielder holds onto the sword and then makes a Fortitude Save (DC 15) which will then allow the sword and wielder to function as one. Once mastered, the sword empowers the wielder with a stronger faith in Selune, granting the wielder one additional spell of their choice (at the appropriate level for the caster) from two of Selunes chosen domains.

This is still being crafted and may still change, but I just thought that I would allow you to see the item, and perhaps make a few suggestions.

Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  18:11:07  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
this one is even better, i take it, how much do u say?
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2003 :  02:52:53  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love the sword! Thank you. It is perfect! Keep up the great work!!!!

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2003 :  07:56:56  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
eilinel said -
quote:
this one is even better, i take it, how much do u say?
The Sage slowly places his hands over Brax the Metalsmith's hairy ears, completely locking out all sound, "They are actually free Eilinel", the Sage says as he removes his hands from Brax's ears, laughing quietly.

Targon Moonrise said -
quote:
I love the sword! Thank you. It is perfect! Keep up the great work!!!!
WOW!. I had intended to change some aspects of the sword, but it seems you like it so much, that it would be foolish of me to even attempt to try.

I am glad you like it.

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2003 :  07:58:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, forgot to mention,

New items are on the way soon...

Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  01:12:25  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can change it if you want. You can barely make it any worse.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  09:37:20  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Would you mind acting as a broker, Sage? Perhaps I should send all my new items through you.

(Certainly a n00b to the nittygritties of D&D such as myself would benefit from someone looking over my things.)

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  08:08:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm said -
quote:
Hmm. Would you mind acting as a broker, Sage? Perhaps I should send all my new items through you.

(Certainly a n00b to the nittygritties of D&D such as myself would benefit from someone looking over my things.)
I would be happy to act as your broker Bookwyrm. Please make use of the shop by all means. I will even clear some shelf space for you should you wish to put your items on display.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  08:11:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also,

Due to a heavy work schedule the last two days, my updates have been delayed for at least another 1-to-2 days. Please check back then, as I will have four new items on display.

Thank you all.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  08:16:31  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Sage. Please expect them to arrive by portal soon, so that you may look them over.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  08:24:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks up briefly, pausing his writing in the Travelogue, he is composing, to acknowledge the Great Bookwyrm.

The Sage smiles, anxious for the new items which will soon arrive at his shop

I can't wait.

Edited by - The Sage on 17 May 2003 08:25:21
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  08:31:23  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Can't wait, eh? In that case, I'll send a little tidbit over right now. I doubt you'll be able to sell it, for reasons that will become clear momentarily, but it would make a good item for a sage such as yourself to aspire to recieve.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  07:45:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Where's the item you were talking about Bookwyrm. I don't see anything new in the shop.

May your learning be free and unfettered.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  07:56:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anyway as promised, here are some new items -

Firstly,

This is an idea I have been tinkering with, tell me what you think,

Gauntlet-Dagger

Damage: 1d4
Prerequisites: Craft Magic Arms and Armour
Market Price: 2,000 gp
Weight: 2 lbs.

Abilities:
The Gauntlet-Dagger was designed in Waterdeep shortly after the Time of Troubles and is in high use among hired-mercenaries and sailors. The dagger-blade is itself a 12 inch, dark-grey, slim steel blade attached to the portion of the Gauntlet that sits over the upper hand (this means that for appropriate usage the hand must remain closed). The wielder also receives a +1 bonus to parry.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  08:04:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Next,

This item is brand new for the shop -

Dark-Elven Shortsword

Damage: 1d6 +1
Weight: 1 lbs.
Type: Piercing
Special:
This mithral blade, is 30 inches in length and is both unusually light and has a keen edge that never seems to need sharpening.

I know this is pretty basic, but sometimes a good shortsword is hard to find, especially one that does not need continuous sharpening.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  08:16:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The next item is for the Clerics,

Ring of Divine Holiness

Cost: 8,000 gp
Prerequisites: Forge Ring, Divine Favour
Weight: N/A
Cost to Create: 2000 gp + 600 XP
Special:
There are only five of these rings in existence across the entire Realms forged by Mystran clerics several years ago. They are only for usage by clerics. All of these rings are plain and non-descript. The only distinguishing mark on these rings, is a small symbol of Mystra on the inside of the ring.

The wielder, when wearing one of these rings, receives a level boost for all his domain spells that he can cast (all spells the cleric casts work as though cast by a cleric one level higher).

Let me know what you think.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  09:05:22  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I sent it by portal, Sage. Check your email!

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  10:35:59  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I love this magic shop of yours Sage. Maybe you should contact Tethtoril or Alaundo and get these items collated to be shown permanently in Candlekeep proper?

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2003 :  15:41:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry Bookwyrm.

I am a little snowed-in at the moment when in comes to answering my emails, but I'll get to it tonight, provided my FR gaming session finishes on time.

And Rad said -
quote:
I love this magic shop of yours Sage. Maybe you should contact Tethtoril or Alaundo and get these items collated to be shown permanently in Candlekeep proper?
I never really thought about that Rad, I guess I just got to caught up in providing a service for the wonderful scholars here at Candlekeep, that it just never popped up in my mind.

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2003 :  07:41:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm,

I have been going over some of the material you sent me.

I have noticed a few inconsistancies with the Cobra's Fang item, which I will detail as soon as I get more time. I'm at work at the moment so I have to be brief.

Anyway everything else looks pretty good. I may need some clarification on the a few aspects about the Tome you presented, but I'll get to that later as well.

Thanks,

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2003 :  07:44:23  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also,

My magical-item scout has just sent a message back to the shop informing me of a shipment of exotic items from the south that should be arriving by mid-week.

Stay logged in for more soon.

Good learning...

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000