Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 The Candlekeep Magic Shop
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 54

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 01 Aug 2003 :  15:59:06  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salabasha, don't you think that armour might just be a little bit too powerful? Maybe you do need some help

"Those who watch their backs meet death from the front"
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  17:44:17  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Walks into the Magic Shop. "Alrighty then, to start things off here is a weapon."

Crimson Eye +2
Cost - 45 000 gp (10 000 gp per change)
Dmg - 1d8+2 (1d8+8 when attacking the choosen creature type)
Crit - 18-20/x2
Weight - 6 lb
Type - Peircing and Slashing

Description - Have a little unfinished business do ya? Maybe some orcs burnt your town? Some goblins stole your ale? Well with the Crimson Eye at your side, you will have little problem fulfilling your desires. Upon purchase, your choice of creature type will be implanted into the sword. After this, once you come upon the desired creatures that you chose, they will easily fall to your blade as the weapon will get an additional +6 (total 1d8+8).

What happens if they comes back as ghosts or spirts summoned by an evil, diabolical wizard who wishes to make you fight your internal demons for all eternity, but to no avail? Well, the Crimson Eye has an added bonus, as it can dmg those of the ethereal planes as well as the living. However, that is only if those of the ethereal planes are of the chosen creature type. For 10 000 gp, bring the sword to a local Blade and Stars to get the desired creature type changed on the sword (You can change from Orc to Golbin, Goblin to Beasts etc.)

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  18:24:33  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Holy Armour

Price - 200 000 gp (220 000 gp for no spell failure)
Def - +8 AC, plus additional +3 AC and +4 AC bonus vs undead

Can only be used by the Paladin (not a fallen or anti-paladin)

Appears to be a suit of purest white plate mail armour. When donned the symbol of the Paladin's deity magically etches itself on the chest and shoulder pieces. A cape (same colour as the symbol) then grows from the top of the armour and flows to about just past the Paladin's knees. The armour has the following powers: The Paladin's lay on hands ability is now Full Heal. The Paladin gets the normal AC def from the plate mail, an additional +3 on that and an additional +4 vs undead. The Paladin makes no noise while moving. Finally, the Paladins stats of Str gets +2, while Wis and Con get +1. For an additional 20 000 gp, there is no spell failure.

Be warned, this armour is meant for the most righteous of Paladins and if for some reason the wearer becomes a fallen, the armour will deal him 10d20+50 dmg and become unusable.

"Good judgement comes from bad experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." - Krandor, Master Smith

Edited by - Krandor on 04 Aug 2003 18:31:51
Go to Top of Page

Targon Moonrise
Learned Scribe

163 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2003 :  06:20:26  Show Profile  Visit Targon Moonrise's Homepage Send Targon Moonrise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Man, I'm sold on those items. I love the sword and even though I'm a Druid and not a Paladin I want that armor. Do you have a Druid kinda of the armor? *grin* please?...lol. I love them!

May Melkor smile upon every spell you cast.
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 05 Aug 2003 :  22:12:33  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Targon Moonrise

Man, I'm sold on those items. I love the sword and even though I'm a Druid and not a Paladin I want that armor. Do you have a Druid kinda of the armor? *grin* please?...lol. I love them!

Watch out for that Pally armour, if you try it on I will be scooping you out of the ground with a bucket and shovel (look at bottom warning). As for Druid armour I will have to check. Here is another sword that can be yours (if you got the gold ).

Midnight's Sword +7
Cost = 350 000 gp
Dmg = 2d6+7
Critical = 18-20/x2
Weight 6 lb
Type - Slashing

This very powerful sword is made of a platinum blade with a hilt of leather wrapped obsidian. When someone possesses this sword, their name appears on one side of the blade, accompanied by the symbol of Midnight on the other. The powers first start off with the immense dmg that this can cause upon contact, this giving the wielder a +7 to attack and dmg rolls. The blade of the sword can lengthen itself at the wielders will (1-15 feet)(.5 lb per foot) and can cut through anything, except Mithril, like butter. If the sword is within five feet of its current owner, it has the ability to resurrect him/her on the altar in the High Temple of Midnight. The most powerful, and my most favourite, power this sword has is that on a natural attack roll of 20, the sword releases a 14d6 lightning bolt inside the target that does double damage (on targets immune to electricity, it does quadruple damage).

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2003 :  07:09:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is a very fine cache of items Krandor. I appreciate the contribution.

I would like to see what else you have coming.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  03:50:01  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a magical staff.

Death Flame
Cost - 90 000 gp
Dmg - 1d6/1d6+3
Crit - x2
Weight - 4lb
Type- Bludgeoning

Description - The staff about 6' tall with a perminate screaming human skull at the top. Upon utterance of the command word, a flaming skull shoots from the skull mounted on the staff, causing 2d6+2 initially and 1d4+1 additional per round until extinguished with a prayer or holy water.
The staff can be used only by evil necromancers and priests.
The staff contains 25 charges, rechargeable only by placing the staff in the blood of an undead monster. For each body the staff is placed in, it recharges by 5. However, once the staff is taken out, the body of the fallen monster turns into ash and is unusable for later spells.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  05:53:42  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's a new spell. Only good for fluffiness, though. Munchkins feel free to ignore it.

Jorlan’s Depilatory
Transmutation
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: VSF
Casting Time: 1 action
Range: Touch
Target: Caster’s hand
Duration: Concentration
Saving Throw: None (harmless)
Spell Resistance: None

The caster of this spell can instantly remove any hair he or she touches with a hand, leaving the spot as bald as though the hair had never been there. The hair simply falls off; in this way, the time spent in the act of shaving is drastically cut. A simple sweep of a hand and all is done. However, the hair is not actually removed, though it can take longer than usual to grow back. This spell works on any creature, but of course only affects those with actual hair.

The creator of this spell was a minor wizard named Jorlan. He had a rare blood disorder: if he was cut, his blood wouldn’t clot. Only a cleric’s styptic spell would stop it, short of bandaging the cut and waiting until the skin healed itself.

Jorlan was therefore quite careful around blades, though not paranoid. He got along quite well, in fact, save for one problem: he hated growing a beard. Even when he grew it to a length where he could trim it without risk, it still itched horribly. A few times, he attempted to shave it off, but each time he tried, he would always cut his skin.

He actually trained to be a wizard solely for the intention of gaining a spell like this. When told there was none, he vowed to learn how to craft his own spells. All his friends thought he was wasting his time on something so trivial, but Jorlan did not care. He wanted to get rid of the annoying, itchy, ugly beard.

Incidentally, he died as beardless as a child.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:02:50  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I first used this power in a story where all the characters were people I knew. The character based on me had recieved some ESP-esque powers . . . hey, it was basically the literary equivalent of an idle doodle.

Anyway, one of the things he'd discovered was how to do exactly this. See, I hate shaving. I cut myself easily. It also took me a while to find an electric shaver that didn't irritate my skin to the point of razor burn. (It's funny -- I never get razor burn from an actual razor.) Even then, the reason it works is because this shaver is safe to use under water.

The point is, if I had the opportunity, I'd love this little magical power. It was only the other night that I had the idea of turning it into a D&D cantrip.

Plus, I find it amusing to make a spell that's absolutely useless in anything other than true role-playing.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:48:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Very nice Bookwyrm. I really like this idea of creating useful everyday cantrips. In fact, with a little work and modification, this would play well in my very first d20 Modern campaign I am playing in (not as a DM). I think my Smart Hero would find this ability quite interesting.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:52:30  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, O Great Master of Realmslore (I'm still getting used to this title )

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:53:08  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here are some recent workings from my campaigns from a few Saturday's ago.

Addled
Enchantment
Level: Sor/Wiz 4
Components: V, S, F
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5ft./2 levels)
Effect: Ray
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: Will negates
Spell Resistance: Yes

An orange ray lances from your fingertip. Your PC must succeed at a ranged touch attack to strike an opponent. The opponent losses the lowest 1d4 spells or spells-slots for the day. For each spell/spell slot lost the target takes 4 points of damage.

Focus: A burnt spellbook.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:55:57  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a pretty interesting spell, and one that would be quite useful in a spell-battle. Actually, I'm surprised something like this isn't used in canon material. Good job, Sage.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:56:21  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This one was from my just finished Sigil campaign -

Planar Knowledge
Divination
Level: Brd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 minute/level or until discharged
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No

This spell grants the caster a minor glimpse into an indirect piece of knowledge that deals with the planes in some way (at the DM's discretion). The caster will then gain a +2 insight bonus to his next Knowledge (The Planes) check.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  06:57:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There really is not anything special about that last one. It was mainly a reworked conversion from a 2e spell.

Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  15:46:33  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If I tampered with those spells, I would surely blow up .

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  02:15:34  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once again, I've no idea how to calculate prices . . . .

Ilmater’s Gift

This amulet is shaped like a golden star, but appears to have been splashed with blood. However, any attempt to clean off the apparent stain is unsuccessful.

Ilmater’s Gifts are prized among adventurers, soldiers, and anyone who is around others that are likely to be wounded often. However, those who use it usually only do so when it is actually needed. Its powers are centered around the Crying God’s teachings of acceptance of others’ pain and burdens; while it heals the wounds and injuries of others, part of that pain must be taken on by the person using it. As such, this amulet is normally used only when truly necessary.

Weight: 1lb.
Caster Level: ?
Prerequisites: Craft Wondrous Item, cure light wounds, must be a follower of Ilmater, must sacrifice 1d6+5 hit points permanently.
Cost to Create: ?
Market Price: ?
Special:

Casts cure light wounds as a fifth-level cleric once every three rounds. This power cannot be used on the bearer, nor on anyone who has used it in the last week. Once used by one person, it cannot be used by another for one full day.

On each use of the power, the bearer takes 1d4 points of damage. This damage cannot be healed in any way save for by natural (non-magical) means for 6d10 minutes.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  16:32:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like this item Bookwyrm. I especially like to use deity-influenced/inspired (in whatever capacity) weapons in my campaigns.

I'll work out a price for you later. I don't have access to my books at the moment, and I intend to watch The Two Towers DVD...so time is important at this point...

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 Aug 2003 :  20:04:47  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sage.

(PS - I'm waiting for the Special Edition version. I like that behind-the-scenes stuff.)

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2003 :  14:26:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
On a quick working (as I am deep in the middle of my Evermeet campaign), I average at least 2,500 gp - 4,000 gp. Of course the magical properties can increase this price, I'll try working it out more accurately later.

Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2003 :  14:43:42  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
* Wanders in and glances around astonished*
So many intresting items... hhmmmm....
* Ssearches the store and glances arouns confused*
Not to many of the specialty I seek though. Infact the amount of Cursed items here are well... * waves is hand panning the shop*
I wonder if there are any cursed items that wish to be... relinquished by yourself or fellow patrons, hhmmm? Some do call me a mad packrat but I can't help collecting Cursed and dangerous items. The power they hold sometimes out shines the risks... sometimes..
But none the less usually have a intresting past.. but I pity the fool looking to pilfer my items... Some aren't as forgiving as most.
Oh, if anyone finds any unique such items I'm all ears.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2003 :  15:06:02  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I will have a look through some of my campaign notebooks. I know I have a few 'cursed' items from the three Ravenloft campaigns I ran last year. Two campaigns are in 2e stats though (as will the magical items), but it should be easy enough to convert them.

I'll let you know.

Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2003 :  17:12:34  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sword of Shifting

This highly decorative Longsword has a clear blade, seemingly made of glass or another similar substance. Despite this manufacture it is completely invulnerable.

When this sword is employed against a creature which has a resistance to a specific attack type (piercing, bludgeoning or slashing), the weapon will shift into a weapon of that type. From the point of the holder however, the weapon feels and looks the same as the previous weapon. This can cause problems with overswing if the weapon is heavier...

This sword will appear in the hand of the caster in place of any other weapon until the wielder is subjected to either wish, limited wish or remove curse spells

I used this sword in my campaign when my players were going to war with a large band of skeletons. IT proved to be well worth making when they couldn't understand why they were doing so little damage.

Go to Top of Page

NightElf
Seeker

United Kingdom
97 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2003 :  17:15:30  Show Profile  Visit NightElf's Homepage Send NightElf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage of Perth, have you ever considered logging this vast collection of items into a single document? It would be well worth the trouble afterwards.

If you want, I could go through all 27 ( ) pages and copy out the items for you since you look to have a lot of work lately.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2003 :  18:31:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NightElf

Sage of Perth, have you ever considered logging this vast collection of items into a single document? It would be well worth the trouble afterwards.

If you want, I could go through all 27 ( ) pages and copy out the items for you since you look to have a lot of work lately.

Well Met

Indeed, Sage of Perth has already kindly agreed to have his collated works up in the halls of Candlekeep. Once Tethtoril gets his chores done then you will see the work in all its glory

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2003 :  07:40:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sword of Shards
This sword appears as a unusually long, silver longsword, with an elaborate gold and ivory basket hilt, and a lightning bolt-shaped pommel. The sword itself is a +2 everbright silver longsword. Once per day, the sword can create a gold and silver lightning bolt shaped shard, which then can be directed at opponents. Treat this as a ray. If the shard hits, the target takes 2d4 points of damage, and is affected by a targeted greater dispelling spell(CL 20th). This is a force effect.
CL 20th.
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  00:26:13  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah I see that the store is open once more!!

Eefriti Glove
1d6+5
Bludgeoning
Cost - 10000 gp (undecided)

This +5 glove was given to Balin Gorunn, a dwarven fighter battling a red dragon. The glove gave him unnatural powers with the element of fire. After many campaigns against evil Necromancers, Balin was murdered by one of his friends. The glove said to be stolen and has been lost for many years, but rumours has it that it is guarded by the soul of Balin, deep within his crypt. Until now. After a group of hired adventures travelled to the crypt in search of the glove, it was found, the majority of them coming back alive.

Special abilities - This glove can cast a variety of different spells, but only with the word of power stated clearly before. (A secret)

Fire Weapon
The weapon in the hand that the glove is present, be it enchanted or not, becomes imbued with fire and does an additional 1d6 of burning dmg..

Fire Globe
The wearer can use a torch or anything that emits fire to make a fire globe in the wearer's hand that never dies unless the gloved is turned off (the word is spoken again) or it is removed. This can also be thrown at a enemy to deal it 1d6 of burning dmg.

Burning Hand
This is the same as the wizard spell but only used in one hand.

As for cursed item....

Ring of Whistling
Cursed
Cost - priceless
This item made of the purest of gold and is decorated with priceless gems. A prize to any thief, or so they think. Anyone who puts on the ring, excluding the owner or anyone who the owner gives permission to wear it, cannot remove it. From the moment the wearer places it on, the ring makes the wearer whistle uncontrollably, awake or asleep, day or night. This can only be removed by 1) A remove curse spell 2) Severing of the finger or 3) The owner gives the wearer permission to remove it.

Edited by - Krandor on 23 Sep 2003 00:27:27
Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  00:36:20  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saracox's Dagger
Feinting Dagger
Dmg - None
Price - (undecided)

Saracox was an unlucky thief who kept on getting caught in the act while stealing or picking locks. He was always captured but managed to always managed to escape before he was executed. After many years, he revealed his secret to his wife on how he escaped. That was by stabbing himself with his trust dagger. He would plunge it into his own chest, making him look dead in ever way. But after a few hours, would wake up and be perfectly back to normal. Unlucky for him he lost the dagger (I wonder who stole it?) and got locked in a dungeon for the rest of his life.
Special - After plunging the dagger into anything alive or not will seem to be dead. This will last for 1d6 hours.

Go to Top of Page

Krandor
Seeker

Canada
58 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  00:44:46  Show Profile  Visit Krandor's Homepage Send Krandor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cloaking Dagger +2
1d4+2 19-20/x2
Piercing/Slash
Cost - 500 gp

This is a dagger +2. Additionally it permits the holder to become invisible, as per the magic spell, once per day. Also if the dagger is owned by a thief it improves their move silently and hide in shadows skill checks by +5.

Dagger of Embedding +1
1d4+1 19-20/x2
Cost - 500 gp

In all respects this dagger is identical to a dagger +1 and inflicts normal damage. Upon uttering it's magical command word at the time of a successful strike, the dagger will remain embedded in the victim and continue to inflict 1d4+1 points of damage per round. The dagger can not be removed until it is released by the magic command word, it's power is disrupted by a dispel magic spell or the victim is dead.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2003 :  06:39:48  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nice items. I like the Efriti glove -- my as-yet-unused Calim****e fire-wizard would like that item. The dagger of embedding +1 I also find . . . interesting . . . .

Saracox's Dagger, though, seems a bit weak to me. Especially on the story. If he's done this many times, how is it that they never find the knife -- especially afterwords, when it's sticking out of his chest?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 54 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000