Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Custom Avatar Portraits
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Does this mean we'll soon be seeing a new Arivia?

Yes, you might just be...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:40:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's no need for more explanation. I have a rough idea now of what your new avatar will be...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:52:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Alaundo, did you receive my email? *will probably know that he has before Alaundo responds to this* Thank you, anyway.

Well met

Indeed, Arivia. I'll change this later today once I've got these many other tasks and chores out the way

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:53:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had an avatar on the WotC forums that I really, really liked... It is okay to use one imported from there?

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I had an avatar on the WotC forums that I really, really liked... It is okay to use one imported from there?

[nitpicking]You meant "Is it okay...", right? Because that sentence doesn't make much sense otherwise.[/nitpicking]
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  09:03:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

From whence did it originate, Wooly Rupert? I believe I recall to what you refer....not very Realms-related, eh?

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  15:45:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

[nitpicking]You meant "Is it okay...", right? Because that sentence doesn't make much sense otherwise.[/nitpicking]

D'oh, you caught me in one of the rare typos that snuck by me!

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

From whence did it originate, Wooly Rupert? I believe I recall to what you refer....not very Realms-related, eh?

I've no idea where it originated from... It might be Realms-related! It could be the work of a really demented Red Wizard...

I just liked it because it really worked for me -- my user name is based on what I consider a silly and skewy concept, and that pic is also silly and skewy...

But I guess that's a no, huh? Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking and see if I can find some other silly creature to use as an avatar...

Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  04:10:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

A nice looking new avatar!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  05:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

A nice looking new avatar!

Yes, it is. Thank you, Alaundo.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  16:45:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But I guess that's a no, huh? Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking and see if I can find some other silly creature to use as an avatar...

Well met

Apologies, Wooly Rupert. Whilst the picture is quite fitting and amusing to say the least, allowing such would spark all manner of strange beings entering the library.... we would be infested with Pokemon creatures in no time ...and i'm sure none of us what that to happen

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  00:37:47  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just posting to see if my mail got through, and all.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  00:55:45  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well met

Apologies, Wooly Rupert. Whilst the picture is quite fitting and amusing to say the least, allowing such would spark all manner of strange beings entering the library.... we would be infested with Pokemon creatures in no time ...and i'm sure none of us what that to happen

This is the avatar I'd envision for Wooly. It's Rupert, and it's very Wooly!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  09:12:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

Just posting to see if my mail got through, and all.

Well met

Indeed, Hymn. I will replace your portrait soon. In the meantime, get back to your Realmslore studies!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  14:35:26  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, I've sent you an image of the actual "Lady Kazandra" which I wish to use as my avatar. I'm just wondering whether you've had an opportunity to review it yet?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  16:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Alaundo, I've sent you an image of the actual "Lady Kazandra" which I wish to use as my avatar. I'm just wondering whether you've had an opportunity to review it yet?

Well met

Indeed, Lady Kazandra....in fact, take a look in the mirror

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  02:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

And it looks quite nice, too.
Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  04:58:39  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Arivia, but your compliments should be for the artist. He went to exceptional lengths to capture both my likeness, and that of the Lady Kazandra for this image. A job, well done...

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2004 :  05:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you Arivia, but your compliments should be for the artist. He went to exceptional lengths to capture both my likeness, and that of the Lady Kazandra for this image. A job, well done...

Well, extend them to him, also, then...
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2005 :  19:15:29  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

As some of ye know, there is a problem with displaying avatar portraits with the Mozilla Firefox browser. This has only become a problem since the latest browser release and is due to Mozilla not being able to interpret the absolute file path from the forum database. I am relocating the avatar images overtime. Ye will see some portaits appear, whereas others do not. Until a global replace can be performed, this can be resolved by simply editing thy profile and deselecting then reselecting the portrait.

Alternatively, use Microsoft Internet Explorer

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2005 :  19:58:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I noticed that I started to see some avatars and I was like.... hmmm that's odd. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2005 :  23:29:28  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

I noticed that I started to see some avatars and I was like.... hmmm that's odd. :)

Well met

Aye, and after all this time, I have yet to see thy avatar, my dear Kuje

I'm about 1/2 way through the relocations. I should have the rest done over the next day or so, for those who art wondering.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2005 :  23:34:43  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well met

Aye, and after all this time, I have yet to see thy avatar, my dear Kuje

I'm about 1/2 way through the relocations. I should have the rest done over the next day or so, for those who art wondering.

That's because...... I never put one on. :) Not sure what I want as one.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2005 :  09:44:08  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Information on custom avatar portraits can now be found in the Candlekeep Code of Conduct.

If there are any further questions on this, or any other forum functionalities, please feel free to contact me.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2005 :  23:21:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There Alaundo,

I finally picked a portrait. :)

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2005 :  23:32:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

There Alaundo,

At last!

Splendid, Kuje. That is much more fitting for thee. Ye look so much better

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  00:40:06  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

There Alaundo,

At last!

Splendid, Kuje. That is much more fitting for thee. Ye look so much better

It was the closest I could find cause most of the others are old people with beards. :) Plus.... it kinda looks like me when I have my robes on in RL. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  01:07:50  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Whoa! A userpic for Kuje?!? Isn't this a sign of the Apocalypse?

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  01:32:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You better watch it or you might have a band of tinker gnomes coming after you to "trim all of your fur!" with thier new cutomaticslicerdicercutthingsupmachinethatalsofliesandflingsgnomes. :)

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  02:20:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

You better watch it or you might have a band of tinker gnomes coming after you to "trim all of your fur!" with thier new cutomaticslicerdicercutthingsupmachinethatalsofliesandflingsgnomes. :)

Bah! Tinker gnomes everywhere fear the wrath of the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Go to Top of Page

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  03:56:06  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Bah! Tinker gnomes everywhere fear the wrath of the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Ah but these are Tinker Gnomes that have been rebuilt to be faster and better, each with their own million gold budget.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000