Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Custom Avatar Portraits
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  21:12:04  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, great. Not only are we being invaded by drow, now they're reproducing . . . . Shadowlord's behind this, I'm certain.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  21:37:42  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, yes, it's all my doing.

Since I featured my drow character, it seems as though drow have been joining by the score! For a bit of Realmsian humor, may I direct you to this online comic.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  21:46:43  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Saving throw versus copyright infringement.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  22:34:40  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dunno about that..Xull is taking measures to not reproduce right now. A loosing battle in the long run I'm fairly certain, but she can try right?

Besides as my characters avatar shows, she's not a typical looking drow. I think she's beautiful, but the character herself does not and this leads problems of its own accord.

Before I get off track..perhaps I will post in the avatar thread in the library.

Live spelled backwards is evil. Doesn't that mean that there is a measure of evil in everyone? Perhaps it was the god's hidden joke, but why are you scoffing that I admit I'm evil? At least I'm not slaughtering innocents and saying it's good and right. No matter how you look at it, it's still murder and therefore evil. Deep down, you are no better than I am. The only difference is that I may lie to others, but not to myself! ~Xull'rae Zauviir
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  22:50:18  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or you could always write her up in the Adventuring section.

Go to Top of Page

Xullrae Zauviir
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:12:10  Show Profile  Visit Xullrae Zauviir's Homepage Send Xullrae Zauviir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious are you Bookwyrm?

Couldn't without Vesz'aun's permission, his characters are involved in most things Xull does (she never has a moment to herself!) Besides I wouldn't want to bore you with her temper and Vesz'aun's warped mind.

But truly, if you are interested, I might dispite my shyness and misgivings.

Live spelled backwards is evil. Doesn't that mean that there is a measure of evil in everyone? Perhaps it was the god's hidden joke, but why are you scoffing that I admit I'm evil? At least I'm not slaughtering innocents and saying it's good and right. No matter how you look at it, it's still murder and therefore evil. Deep down, you are no better than I am. The only difference is that I may lie to others, but not to myself! ~Xull'rae Zauviir
Go to Top of Page

Veszaun Auvryath
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:17:00  Show Profile  Visit Veszaun Auvryath's Homepage Send Veszaun Auvryath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*Coughs* Yeah, riiiight, like Xull'rae has ever waited for Vesz's permission on anything

We could join in the frolicking, I suppose, but these two characters wouldn't get along with much of anyone, unless we alter them a bit. Okay, make that a lot

Oh, yeah, before we become victims of the smackdown for getting off subject, some nice Custom Avatars in here, I must say....

We promise to go to another thread now, Alaundo, sorry

"You scoff at the notion of a drow Bladesinger? My, my. How very foolish of you to believe that the Ilythiiri did not possess the secrets of the Bladesong in ages long past. A select few of us have carried a twisted rendition of the 'Song down through the generations. Now, bearing that in mind, will you wipe that ridiculous look of incredulity from your face, or must the keen edge of my blade do it for you?"
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2004 :  23:20:36  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, we always encourage people to share their character stories. And who knows? Sometimes they're a hit.

Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  06:41:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, did you receive my email? *will probably know that he has before Alaundo responds to this* Thank you, anyway.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:33:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does this mean we'll soon be seeing a new Arivia?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:35:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Does this mean we'll soon be seeing a new Arivia?

Yes, you might just be...
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:40:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's no need for more explanation. I have a rough idea now of what your new avatar will be...

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5644 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:52:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arivia

Alaundo, did you receive my email? *will probably know that he has before Alaundo responds to this* Thank you, anyway.

Well met

Indeed, Arivia. I'll change this later today once I've got these many other tasks and chores out the way

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
34941 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:53:13  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had an avatar on the WotC forums that I really, really liked... It is okay to use one imported from there?

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  08:55:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I had an avatar on the WotC forums that I really, really liked... It is okay to use one imported from there?

[nitpicking]You meant "Is it okay...", right? Because that sentence doesn't make much sense otherwise.[/nitpicking]
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5644 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  09:03:59  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

From whence did it originate, Wooly Rupert? I believe I recall to what you refer....not very Realms-related, eh?

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
34941 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2004 :  15:45:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

[nitpicking]You meant "Is it okay...", right? Because that sentence doesn't make much sense otherwise.[/nitpicking]

D'oh, you caught me in one of the rare typos that snuck by me!

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

From whence did it originate, Wooly Rupert? I believe I recall to what you refer....not very Realms-related, eh?

I've no idea where it originated from... It might be Realms-related! It could be the work of a really demented Red Wizard...

I just liked it because it really worked for me -- my user name is based on what I consider a silly and skewy concept, and that pic is also silly and skewy...

But I guess that's a no, huh? Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking and see if I can find some other silly creature to use as an avatar...

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  04:10:41  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

A nice looking new avatar!
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  05:51:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

A nice looking new avatar!

Yes, it is. Thank you, Alaundo.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5644 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2004 :  16:45:01  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

But I guess that's a no, huh? Oh well, I guess I'll keep looking and see if I can find some other silly creature to use as an avatar...

Well met

Apologies, Wooly Rupert. Whilst the picture is quite fitting and amusing to say the least, allowing such would spark all manner of strange beings entering the library.... we would be infested with Pokemon creatures in no time ...and i'm sure none of us what that to happen

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  00:37:47  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just posting to see if my mail got through, and all.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Purple Dragon Knight
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1796 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  00:55:45  Show Profile Send Purple Dragon Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Apologies, Wooly Rupert. Whilst the picture is quite fitting and amusing to say the least, allowing such would spark all manner of strange beings entering the library.... we would be infested with Pokemon creatures in no time ...and i'm sure none of us what that to happen

This is the avatar I'd envision for Wooly. It's Rupert, and it's very Wooly!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5644 Posts

Posted - 27 May 2004 :  09:12:06  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hymn

Just posting to see if my mail got through, and all.

Well met

Indeed, Hymn. I will replace your portrait soon. In the meantime, get back to your Realmslore studies!

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Lady Kazandra
Senior Scribe

Australia
921 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  14:35:26  Show Profile  Visit Lady Kazandra's Homepage Send Lady Kazandra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, I've sent you an image of the actual "Lady Kazandra" which I wish to use as my avatar. I'm just wondering whether you've had an opportunity to review it yet?

"Once upon a time the plural of 'wizard' was 'war'." -- The Last Continent, by Terry Pratchett
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5644 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  16:50:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lady Kazandra

Alaundo, I've sent you an image of the actual "Lady Kazandra" which I wish to use as my avatar. I'm just wondering whether you've had an opportunity to review it yet?

Well met

Indeed, Lady Kazandra....in fact, take a look in the mirror

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page