Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Custom Avatar Portraits
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2013 :  11:33:35  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I showed a similar sketch to the 4-year old daughter of one of my assets, and she said it's "cute."

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 28 Jan 2013 :  09:36:22  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is a girl with a ,shall we say, unique sense of aesthetics.
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2013 :  15:20:58  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all, I was wondering how long it takes from sending a jpg to getting it as an avatar? I sent in "mine" yesterday. Also, will the avatar become an option in the list or just replacing the avatar currently used? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2013 :  15:55:05  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Assets?

A spook usually doesn't use 'company' terminology outside of the company.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  00:59:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Caladan Brood

Hi all, I was wondering how long it takes from sending a jpg to getting it as an avatar? I sent in "mine" yesterday. Also, will the avatar become an option in the list or just replacing the avatar currently used? Thanks

Alaundo is a very busy individual, so it's likely that he still hasn't had time to enact the change for your avatar.

In terms of your second query, the new avatar will simply be added to the already existing series of available avatar images here at Candlekeep.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  01:33:39  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:

Alaundo is a very busy individual, so it's likely that he still hasn't had time to enact the change for your avatar.

In terms of your second query, the new avatar will simply be added to the already existing series of available avatar images here at Candlekeep.

Unless you request Alaundo to reserve your jpg for your personal use only.

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  03:09:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

quote:

quote:

Unless you request Alaundo to reserve your jpg for your personal use only.

Yes. However it should be noted that this only applies when the .jpg itself is either a restricted and/or special image taken from elsewhere. Public domain images cannot be reserved for personal use.

Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2013 :  05:52:44  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay thanks for the responses all :)
Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  09:06:54  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Still checking daily and hoping to get "my" avatar :)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 27 Feb 2013 :  13:45:06  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did you save it in the right format, Caladan Brood? (size, etc)

I created over 500 'new' Avatars for the WotC site - I think they are still in use (I haven't checked since they've changed their forums... TWICE).

Never did get thanked for that....

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  07:47:02  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Saved it as a 64x64 jpg and sent it to Alaundo a few weeks ago, I don't know how long this is supposed to take (and frankly, it isn't exactly an apocalypse).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  08:27:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo's quite busy with non-Candlekeep related matters at the moment. But I'll contact him again directly, and see if I can learn when your new image will be uploaded.

Go to Top of Page

Caladan Brood
Senior Scribe

Norway
410 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  08:41:17  Show Profile  Visit Caladan Brood's Homepage Send Caladan Brood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries, I can live without a specific avatar, lol. It'll come when it comes.
Go to Top of Page

Dark Wizard
Senior Scribe

USA
830 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2013 :  23:24:06  Show Profile Send Dark Wizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
@MT, you and me both along with several others from the old WotC FR forums. Good times. Before the forum update, Realms art accounted for more avatar images than any other section, possibly with the exception of generic D&D (though we might have edge them out too). Shows what could be accomplished with active fans and receptive moderators, we had an awesome WizO at the time who quickly the uploaded the images as we posted them up.

As far as I know, the avatar images didn't make the transition as they used a new format/size. There was a focus on new (4E) art and updates came from the online Dragon and Dungeon I believe. I believe one could upload their own image, so people can still have classic D&D and FR artwork as their avatar, or indeed any image they want.
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2013 :  18:23:38  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too just contacted Alaundo about a custom Avatar but I created a file from my computer then emailed it to him. hope that was okay, as it was fantasy style and 64x64 jpg.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2013 :  23:25:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's fine. So long as you adhere to the dictates about custom avatars that was originally outlined in the opening post of this scroll, you shouldn't encounter any problems when changing your avatar image.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2013 :  08:18:30  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Is there any way our avatar can be twice (or thrice) as big as the current one? What we have right now is only good for close-up, face-only images. Whole-body images look so . . . well, tiny.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2013 :  09:24:16  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You'll probably need to contact Alaundo directly on that one, Dennis.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2013 :  01:26:36  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, any luck getting to Alaundo about some of these custom Avatars?
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2013 :  20:47:18  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, been approx 4 months since a few sent requests for custom portraits. Is there a way we can get a confirmation if they're good or not?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  01:41:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diffan

So, been approx 4 months since a few sent requests for custom portraits. Is there a way we can get a confirmation if they're good or not?

Sorry, Diffan. I forgot about this one.

Sending request to Alaundo now.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  01:44:15  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's been a while since the Sage changed his avatar, too... It used to be a weekly occurrence!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  02:02:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

It's been a while since the Sage changed his avatar, too... It used to be a weekly occurrence!

Probably not surprisingly, I have been looking for a new image to use here at Candlekeep.

Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2013 :  08:21:40  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sorry, Diffan. I forgot about this one.

Sending request to Alaundo now.

Thanks Sage, much appreciated
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  12:35:11  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

All avatars which i've received have been updated, Diffan. If you have one you wish to have for your profile, please email me the image (64x64 JPEG) to alaundo AT candlekeep DOT com

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

KacyCrawford
Acolyte

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2013 :  17:10:55  Show Profile Send KacyCrawford a Private Message  Reply with Quote
can we connect to facebook and do a sync ffrom there. Is that something which is possible?
Go to Top of Page

Diffan
Great Reader

USA
4427 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  02:10:34  Show Profile Send Diffan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

All avatars which i've received have been updated, Diffan. If you have one you wish to have for your profile, please email me the image (64x64 JPEG) to alaundo AT candlekeep DOT com

Hm, ok.

I sent you a request from my google mail. I double checked the image file, 64x64 jpeg image, so I think it meets the prerequisites. Let me know if there are any problems.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  03:34:07  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KacyCrawford

can we connect to facebook and do a sync ffrom there. Is that something which is possible?

Prognosis negative.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  03:47:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by KacyCrawford

Not at present.

Sorry.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2013 :  22:07:42  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Hm, ok.

I sent you a request from my google mail. I double checked the image file, 64x64 jpeg image, so I think it meets the prerequisites. Let me know if there are any problems.

Well met

'tis done, Diffan. Lookin' good

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page