Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Current Events in Cormyr
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  02:26:10  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
What exactly are the "current" events going on in cormyr right now?

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  02:48:06  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed's replies at Candlekeep, mostly, have covered what little we know about current events in Cormyr. He's tried to cover what he can, and what isn't currently protected by NDAs.

Power of Faerun has a brief bit on the current status of Cormyr also.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  02:55:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the upcoming Cormyr module which is the 1st of 3, should have more......

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Nokom
Learned Scribe

USA
109 Posts

Posted - 10 Jan 2007 :  03:53:54  Show Profile  Visit Nokom's Homepage Send Nokom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
From what I know its in very grave danger, with trouble coming from all ends and a child on the throne.
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2007 :  23:15:12  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nokom

From what I know its in very grave danger, with trouble coming from all ends and a child on the throne.

Hmmm... are you going to run a campaign there?

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

bitter thorn
Learned Scribe

USA
184 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2007 :  18:46:18  Show Profile  Visit bitter thorn's Homepage Send bitter thorn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nokom

What exactly are the "current" events going on in cormyr right now?

Current as of what date?

"Nobody listens to the Ranger!"

Our groups are all sticking with 3.X classic Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Snotlord
Senior Scribe

Norway
476 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2007 :  20:21:12  Show Profile  Visit Snotlord's Homepage Send Snotlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The brief scrying scene of Caladnei and Alusair in Shadowbred suggests that Cormyr is stable up to late 1374.

1375 should be very interesting. This new series of adventures and Kemp's novels could turn out to fantastic building blocks for an Eastern Heartlands campaign.
Go to Top of Page

nbnmare
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
205 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2007 :  20:26:54  Show Profile  Visit nbnmare's Homepage Send nbnmare a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It'll be interesting to see whether the adventures and the Twilight War trilogy will actually tie in together, or whether they will simply be two separate sets of events happening in extremely close proximity to one another.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6647 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2007 :  02:34:28  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paul's first Erevis Cale trilogy occurred in 1373 DR. His second unfolds before us with majesty. As for tie-ins ... well, hopefully.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Iliphar1
Learned Scribe

Austria
133 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2007 :  23:31:26  Show Profile  Visit Iliphar1's Homepage Send Iliphar1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I am aware, the last serious threat to Cormyr have been the Shade attack. Since then, things seemed to have calmed down.

I would think, Cormyr used the time to rebuild the country and restrenghten the economy/military.

We will see, if Cormyr would aid Sembia in the Twilight War books - something rather likely, since Sembia helped Cormyr in the Shade's attack.

'You see dead bones? ... I see an army!' Ezechiel 37
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000