Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 King Obould vs The Silver Marches
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2006 :  14:56:52  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I am asking you fellow scribes and respected loremasters if you could make a brief summary (as far as the Forum rules allow) of the events during the orc invasion in the Silver Marches, i would like to know any battlesites, siege site, and any actions taken by realm personalities of the North (Lady Alustriel, Bruennor Battlehammer, Drizzt,Helm Dwarf-frend, other?) or perhaps neighboring powerhouses like Waterdeep, or the high forest elves/druids/treants/fey.

I Also would be delighted if you pointed out any book material to read,but a synopsis in this forum would be preffered since the comming of the storm...erm the last years exam period is coming in my uni, so i dont have the time to make a in-depth analisis

The reason i want to add the war in my campaign is that the players are the rulers os Selskar Vale after Dungeon#101 and the defeat of Bazim-Corag

Waiting for your advice and ideas if anyone already had this one please share your experiences

Thanks in Advance

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2006 :  09:08:14  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Major battle sites:
- Town of Shallows located in the Fell Pass
- Keepers Dale and the Entry hall to Mithral Hall
- The banks of the River Surbrin, close to the Eastern Gate to Mithral Hall

Involved parties:
- Dwarves from Clan Battehammer
- Dwarves from Mirabar
- Dwarves from Citadel Felbarr
- Elfes from the Moonwood
vs.
- 10 thousands of orcs under Obould Many-Arrows
- frost giant clan of Gerti Orelsdottr

FR personalities involved:
- the band around Bruenor Battlehammer (SM p. 77) and Drizzt Do'Urden (FRCS p.177) (Regis, Catti-brie, Wulfgar (SM p.96))
- Alustriel (for details see FRCS p.276)
- the Bouldershoulder Brothers
- Obould Many-Arrows and Gerti Orelsdottr (for details see FRCS p.175 & p.170)
- of course new individuals appeared as well.

Outcome:
The Army of King Obould has settled in the lands north of Mithral Hall and it all seems likely they will stay there for at least a while.

Timeframe:
1371 DR

Site note: besides the orc invasion from the north, there was a troll army that destroyed the town of Nesme. The troll army was defeated with help from Mithral Hall and the Knights of Silver.

Books that give details:
The Hunters Blade Trilogy, the short story 'Comrades at odds' in the Anthology 'Realms of the Elves'.

I might have missed several things, but I am certain that others will happily fill the gap.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

dwarvenranger
Senior Scribe

USA
428 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2006 :  02:46:31  Show Profile  Visit dwarvenranger's Homepage Send dwarvenranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If your PC's defeated Bazim-Corag they sure don't need to worry about orcs.

If I waited till I knew what I was doing, I'd never get anything done.

Go to Top of Page

heretikalshade
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  17:58:47  Show Profile  Visit heretikalshade's Homepage Send heretikalshade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The one other major battlefield was a ridge overlooking Keeper's Dale but other than that you have everything else.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 26 Apr 2007 :  19:21:49  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just got done reading the first book. In it two towns were attacked both were destroyed. Shallows was one of them (2nd one I believe), I can't remember the name of the first.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Marquant Volker
Learned Scribe

Greece
273 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2007 :  04:11:58  Show Profile Send Marquant Volker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guys thanks for your interest and your answers, today i launched my prelude session of this war-based campaign. I posted some info about it on
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9346

The reason for that it contains non-canon information so it doent belong in this forum. You can review it and post any comment/idea you might have.
Go to Top of Page

Calrond
Learned Scribe

USA
118 Posts

Posted - 15 May 2007 :  22:45:05  Show Profile Send Calrond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The second town was called Clicking Heels.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2007 :  00:59:25  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Clicking Heels doesn't sound right......

The book I read was from the library, so I can't look it up.

Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

questing gm
Master of Realmslore

Malaysia
1214 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  16:32:21  Show Profile  Visit questing gm's Homepage Send questing gm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It was Clicking Heels indeed.
It was the first town that the orcs and the giants sacked before they moved on to Shallows.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 10 Jul 2007 :  21:59:04  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Was the town named after the little girl who "just wanted to go home".

She had a little dog, I believe....

Sorry, couldn't help myself....

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

Kiaransalyn
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
762 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2007 :  10:30:52  Show Profile Send Kiaransalyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So long as it's not called Knocking Boots.

Death is Life
Love is Hate
Revenge is Forgiveness

Ken: You from the States?
Jimmy: Yeah. But don't hold it against me.
Ken: I'll try not to... Just try not to say anything too loud or crass.
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2007 :  23:29:44  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What an odd name for a town, it should have stuck a little more... shrugs... it's gone now. =)

Go to Top of Page

Iliphar1
Learned Scribe

Austria
133 Posts

Posted - 10 Oct 2007 :  12:58:29  Show Profile  Visit Iliphar1's Homepage Send Iliphar1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess nobody really took a lot of effort to imagine a great name for a town, that is "sheduled for demolishment"

'You see dead bones? ... I see an army!' Ezechiel 37
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2007 :  21:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also, Nesmé was destroyed by trolls at least loosely allied with Obould.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  08:34:48  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HawkinstheDM

I have to differ. IIRC, they were not allied with Obould in any way. It were the drow schemers in the background who got both campaigns moving at the same time. Obould however, had no idea about the troll attack on Nesmé.

However, it is some time back that I read the book and I recall this out of memory only. So I might be wrong after all.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  12:48:23  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

quote:

I have to differ. IIRC, they were not allied with Obould in any way. It were the drow schemers in the background who got both campaigns moving at the same time. Obould however, had no idea about the troll attack on Nesmé.

However, it is some time back that I read the book and I recall this out of memory only. So I might be wrong after all.

I think that the drow altered the plans from Obould. The trolls should close the back door from Mitril Hall, preventing the dwarfs from fleeing south and from help reaching the besieged ones. This was what the Orc King ordered, and it’s true, he didn’t know about Nesme. I don’t remember the name from the two-headed troll, but the drow persuaded and pushed the chief into following the dwarfs under General Dagna, who helped Galen from Nesme.
Go to Top of Page

Hawkins
Great Reader

USA
2131 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  17:13:57  Show Profile  Visit Hawkins's Homepage Send Hawkins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, I was only working from memory! Thank you for clarifying by the way. Anyways, since the drow were manipulating Obould, and the drow were manipulating the trolls, then "loosely allied" could apply. If Obould had not been attacking Mithril Hall, the drow probably would not have sent the trolls and caused the destruction of Nesmé, so it was directly connected to Obould's actions even if he did not know it.

BTW, I detest the racist jerks in Nesmé (especially the mayor-type guy, what's-his-name) and the fact that they thought that they were entitled to protection from Mithril Hall despite the fact that it was under siege.

Errant d20 Designer - My Blog (last updated January 06, 2016)

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back. --Lewis Carroll, Through the Looking-Glass

"Mmm, not the darkness," Myrin murmured. "Don't cast it there." --Erik Scott de Bie, Shadowbane

* My character sheets (PFRPG, 3.5, and AE versions; not viewable in Internet Explorer)
* Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Reference Document (PFRPG OGL Rules)
* The Hypertext d20 SRD (3.5 OGL Rules)
* 3.5 D&D Archives

My game design work:
* Heroes of the Jade Oath (PFRPG, conversion; Rite Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 1: Cantrips & Orisons (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Compendium Arcanum Volume 2: 1st-Level Spells (PFRPG, designer; d20pfsrd.com Publishing)
* Martial Arts Guidebook (forthcoming) (PFRPG, designer; Rite Publishing)

Edited by - Hawkins on 16 Nov 2007 17:16:13
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  18:44:48  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

BTW, I detest the racist jerks in Nesmé (especially the mayor-type guy, what's-his-name)...

Galen Firth. Although, wasn't Nesme supposed to be run by a female mage? At least that's what I recall from the sourcebooks.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

bobwriggins
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  19:35:59  Show Profile  Visit bobwriggins's Homepage Send bobwriggins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rino, I believe you're right. From either The North or Volo's Guide to the North, I think her name was Tessarina, somebody with long red hair (for some reason the hair sticks in my mind).
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  23:12:53  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You mean Tessarin "Longtresses" Alaurun.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

bobwriggins
Acolyte

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2007 :  23:40:35  Show Profile  Visit bobwriggins's Homepage Send bobwriggins a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Sage. I was at work when I answered this and didn't have access to the books at the time
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  00:08:28  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And thank you, guys, for refreshing my memory as well.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2007 :  17:36:11  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And to get the story “round” – Galen First was send indeed to Mithril Hall to get help from the dwarfs before the city fell. Regis send General Dagna and 50 dwarfs - even if he hardly couldn’t afford it. Galen was a pain in the ass the hole time, and finally his stupid actions brought the hole troupe to extinction as the dwarfs sacrificed their lives to get some of the fleeing people from Nesme into safety.
Torgar Hammerstriker and his boys formerly from Mirbar were send as well but came to late for the first bunch of dwarfs. When it became clear to Torgar that he couldn’t talk sense into the now leader of the bands of refuges he returned home to Mithril Hall.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000