Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 Scrolls you have posted in
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2006 :  23:37:00  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Is there an option to see at a glance which scrolls you have posted in when browsing the forums? If not is it a possibility?

I realise this is possible of a sort by checking 'recent activity' in the profile or by getting emails whenever a reply is posted.

Kentinal
Great Reader

4686 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2006 :  23:56:56  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
http://forum.candlekeep.com/search.asp?mode=DoIt&MEMBER_ID=1274

I pulled up from your profile, which might indicate every thread you have posted to.
An individual listing does not appear posible under current search engine design.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Kaladorm
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1176 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  00:03:47  Show Profile  Visit Kaladorm's Homepage Send Kaladorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sure I've used that search before, (though it's a shame having to search through 70 pages on eds scroll to find what it was heehee)

What I meant was, for example, an icon similar to (or a modification of) the open book we have to display new posts, indicating that you have already posted in a thread.

Is such a thing possible in forum programming?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  00:38:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm assuming you mean something like the "Red Tick" that's used over at the WotC forums -- which indicates that you've posted in a particular thread.

I don't recall there being a specific function like that here at Candlekeep. Though, if you click on the number of replies for a particular scroll when glancing through a particular sub-forum -- you'll bring up a secondary window which tells you which scribes have posted and how many posts they've made in that particular scroll.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 29 Nov 2006 00:41:58
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  03:08:18  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

I'm assuming you mean something like the "Red Tick" that's used over at the WotC forums -- which indicates that you've posted in a particular thread.

I don't recall there being a specific function like that here at Candlekeep. Though, if you click on the number of replies for a particular scroll when glancing through a particular sub-forum -- you'll bring up a secondary window which tells you which scribes have posted and how many posts they've made in that particular scroll.

that is actually a cool feature Sage. I have never even looked there

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  08:38:30  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kaladorm

Is there an option to see at a glance which scrolls you have posted in when browsing the forums? If not is it a possibility?

I realise this is possible of a sort by checking 'recent activity' in the profile or by getting emails whenever a reply is posted.

Well met

Alas, there is no such function, Kaladorm. Other than the profile list and the function which The Sage mentioned, that's all we have.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2006 :  09:46:22  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

That is actually a great feature IMO. I have never used it so far. Thanks for the reminder, Sage!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000