Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 specs for lord shade and other nethril survivers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

barry
Acolyte

South Africa
27 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2006 :  11:03:00  Show Profile  Visit barry's Homepage Send barry a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anybody know if F/R will release a book with the detailed specs of NPC such as lord Shade and Ilioam and other powerful arcanis's.
And if no, then why?

would it hurt?

Gray Richardson
Master of Realmslore

USA
1291 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2006 :  20:18:25  Show Profile  Visit Gray Richardson's Homepage Send Gray Richardson a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lords of Darkness has a lot of information about the shades, including some stats.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2006 :  22:01:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They generally only fully stat out characters if they are relevant to the info in question... So unless we revisit Shade or delve into matters Netherese, we likely won't see any stats.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  04:23:38  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Unless one of them were specifically written into an adventure as the BBEG that the adventurers are likely to take on directly, I wouldn't expect to see them statted, and given that WOTC doesn't put out many epic level adventures, I would assume this isn't very likely.

In the end, I'm happier just knowing their "quick" stats, so that no one starts arguing that so and so couldn't have made the staff of wollygompers because he doesn't have craft epic wollygompers as a feat in his stat block. I already have to kind of ignore Khelben and Elminster's stats because I "know" that they have been trained in/participated in Elven High Magic, so its hard to picture them as not having epic level spellcasting.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2006 :  06:18:33  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
'Tis a good point. There has been more than one case of stat blocks not matching the text/description about a character... As I recall, the same article that mentioned Alustriel's main squeeze being a skilled dancer had a stat block with no ranks in the dancing skill!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 13 Nov 2006 06:19:02
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000