Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Roll Call of Dragons Update
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2006 :  00:46:00  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ericlboyd

quote:
Originally posted by Murray Leeder

quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

quote:
Elrem, Great Wyrm, Guards the Great Wyrm Cavern, The Savage Frontier (Not sure if this one is a dragon but it seems like it should be...)

Can I use this opportunity to clarify something? All of my references said Great Worm, Great Worm Cavern, Great Worm Tribe, Elrem the Great Worm and so no. This was the case even as recently as Harley Stroh's story in Realms of the Dragons II.

Yet when Son of Thunder came out, I found that all my references to "the Great Worm" were changed to "the Great Wyrm." Is there some reference I missed?

Well reading the Savage Frontier sourcebook from 1e or early 2e, says Wyrm which is why I put it as wyrm in my NPC file. I dunno, maybe TSR later changed it to worm..... and WOTC changed it back to wyrm? I dunno.

Ah, interesting! Looking through the Savage Frontier, Elrem is referred to as the Great Worm many times, and as "a Great Wyrm" only once. This appears, however, to be a reference to his age, not his name.

As for whether or not he's a dragon, he's referred to by the implausible adjective "dragonish." Under the 3rd Edition's literal categories of what does and does not a dragon make, I suspect he qualifies.

Personally, I always remembered the "Great Worm" spelling. From that I deduced he was more of a serpentine creature and less of a true dragon per se. (Although, in 3e, I agree, he was probably of Type dragon.)

--Eric

You'll note that the "Great Wyrm" itself is use to describe him as a "dragonish" creature. Additionally, the Altar in Great Worm Cavern is described as being "shaped like a spiralling winged snake, the great worm" which only adds to the confusion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 28 Nov 2006 00:48:33
Go to Top of Page

Harley Stroh
Forgotten Realms Author

13 Posts

Posted - 30 Nov 2006 :  20:47:31  Show Profile  Visit Harley Stroh's Homepage Send Harley Stroh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Elrem, Great Wyrm, Guards the Great Wyrm Cavern, The Savage Frontier (Not sure if this one is a dragon but it seems like it should be...)

Can I use this opportunity to clarify something? All of my references said Great Worm, Great Worm Cavern, Great Worm Tribe, Elrem the Great Worm and so no. This was the case even as recently as Harley Stroh's story in Realms of the Dragons II.

Yet when Son of Thunder came out, I found that all my references to "the Great Worm" were changed to "the Great Wyrm." Is there some reference I missed?

My memory is a bit fuzzy (the story was written, what, 4 years ago now?) but I believe I had used "Wyrm" in my draft, but during proofing it was changed to "Worm."

There. I've suceeded in adding nothing to the conversation. :)

//H

http://Choosedeath.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page

Murray Leeder
Forgotten Realms Author

Canada
228 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2006 :  06:17:34  Show Profile  Visit Murray Leeder's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Interesting indeed... so we both got edited but in different directions. The right hand knoweth not...
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  20:39:33  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Antharikkan, an albino young adult black dracolich that is a member of the Cult of the Dragon in Aencar's Manor in Battledale. Faiths & Pantheons page 156.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  21:09:23  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was actually considering writing up Aencar's Manor for DoF instead of Karthaut, but space just didn't permit it.

http://eytanbernstein.com - the official website of Eytan Bernstein
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Dec 2006 :  21:29:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EytanBernstein

I was actually considering writing up Aencar's Manor for DoF instead of Karthaut, but space just didn't permit it.

Ah,

Now that would have been something I could have made use of instead. :)

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2006 :  02:53:24  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Kind of surprised you guys missed this one since you got one from page 97.

Glouroth, Male Mature Adult Shadow Dragon, CE, Lairs in The Wailing Cliff, page 144 and 145 of City of the Spider Queen.

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2006 :  12:41:39  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Ah,

It would have been great, but it wouldn't have fit into the space available in the book. It was just way to big for an adventure between 5,000-10,000 words.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2006 :  16:37:09  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah,

It would have been great, but it wouldn't have fit into the space available in the book. It was just way to big for an adventure between 5,000-10,000 words.

Oh, no doubt but it would still have been grand to have. :) Ah well.....

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Dec 2006 :  23:29:34  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Ah,

Oh, no doubt but it would still have been grand to have. :) Ah well.....

I must've missed this earlier... but... A write-up for Aencar's Manor would have indeed been nifty! Perhaps for a future web enhancement? Hehe...

Or rather, keep it aside Eytan, until you've the opportunity to work on a future sourcebook for FR. Then drop it in...

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 13 Dec 2006 :  12:58:06  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm afraid an adventure of that size would likely need to be a short book on its own. It just wouldn't fit into the normal space allotted in current sourcebooks. You never know, but I don't have any plans for it at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  16:05:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eladmorickharmok “Harm”/ CR 9/living/male/ Young Adult/ dzalmaus/ somewhere on the southern base of the Glittering Spines, southeast of the Winterkeep/ pillaging caravans along the Golden Way and Spice Road/ Bestiary of the Realms, Volume 2

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  21:17:03  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wooly, thanks for including Harm :-), but he's by no means official. I just don't have that kind of clout.... :-) Though, Eytan and Eric are free to include him.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2006 :  21:26:17  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TomCosta

Wooly, thanks for including Harm :-), but he's by no means official. I just don't have that kind of clout.... :-) Though, Eytan and Eric are free to include him.

Well, guess what I was reading on my lunch break.

Me, I consider the Bestiaries to be semi-official. To me, they are as official as they can get without having WotC's stamp on them.

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta

USA
954 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2006 :  21:11:21  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks. Just don't tell WotC. :-) But very pleased you like them.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 27 Dec 2006 :  16:20:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric,

Daurgothoth, "The Creeping Doom" has different stat's then the ones in your database, which can be found on page 143 of Underdark. He's listed just as a Male Black Great Wyrm Dracolich. No class levels are listed.

Edited by - Kuje on 27 Dec 2006 16:21:39
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  00:23:47  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also,

Dheubpurcwenpyl, also known as Malla Harl Valsharess, a CE Great Wyrm Deep Dragon that lairs in the Rift of Dhalnadar. Page 173 of Underdark.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  00:34:27  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And,

Charvekkanathor, "The Scarlet," "Charvek" is mentioned on page 173 of Underdark. You don't have that reference in your database. Nor do you have his Lost Empires of Faerun reference. Not sure what the page number is in that book.

Edited by - Kuje on 28 Dec 2006 00:37:07
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Dec 2006 :  00:54:11  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

And,

Charvekkanathor, "The Scarlet," "Charvek" is mentioned on page 173 of Underdark. You don't have that reference in your database. Nor do you have his Lost Empires of Faerun reference. Not sure what the page number is in that book.

Charvekkanathor's reference in LEoF is on pg. 119.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2007 :  01:03:50  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imvaernarhro, "Inferno", 40, Living, Male, great wyrm, advanced 61 HD red Star Mounts, High Forest, Draconomicon [1e] 38, Power of Faerun 98.

I'm curious on why you didn't also include the reference to his stats on pages 121 and 122 of Power of Faerun.

Also:

Rhoaringoarh, "The Mighty," "Old Roar-and-Gore", 19, Living, Male ancient, black, Upper Thornwash Marshes (north of the Lake of Steam), Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting 154, Lands of Intrigue: Amn 38, Champions of Ruin 74.

He's referenced on page 119 and 120 of Power of Faerun.

Edited by - Kuje on 02 Jan 2007 04:06:14
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 Jan 2007 :  18:04:40  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Since I finally managed to procure a copy of Blodstone Pass, the three fairy dragons that I mentioned in my long post are also in the Bloodstone Pass booklet.

Wonders if Eric is still reading this thread. :)

Edited by - Kuje on 29 Jan 2007 18:05:36
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2007 :  15:07:25  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. ;-)

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 06 Feb 2007 :  16:11:46  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
:)

Okies. I think I'm dragon'd out until I get to Serpent Kingdoms and Dragon/Dungeon/web content.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2007 :  00:59:14  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eytan or Eric,

Is Calathanorgoth male or female? The info on page 94 says he is male but he's listed as female in the list on page 148.

Go to Top of Page

EytanBernstein

USA
704 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2007 :  17:13:18  Show Profile  Visit EytanBernstein's Homepage Send EytanBernstein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Eytan or Eric,

Is Calathanorgoth male or female? The info on page 94 says he is male but he's listed as female in the list on page 148.

I'll have to check it out when I get back home on Sunday. I don't have my books with me at the moment.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 23 Feb 2007 :  21:27:00  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Eytan or Eric,

I'll have to check it out when I get back home on Sunday. I don't have my books with me at the moment.

Is having a weird case of deja vu. Eric will understand this reply more then anyone else will. :)

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 02 Mar 2007 :  15:58:15  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Uh hum,

You know...... you guys forgot about a important dragon. :) The two that go off to slumber at the end of Elminster's Daughter...... There's at least four other dragons, if not more, mentioned in that novel.

Spoilers
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|

Vangy and his mate, since Vangy turns himself into a dragon. :)

Edited by - Kuje on 02 Mar 2007 16:16:02
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 11 Mar 2007 :  02:46:30  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm back! :)

Weeshrike. A pseudodragon that is a companion to Silas Broon, the owner of the Flagon and the Dragon Tavern in Skullport. Skullport sourcebook.

Edit: Thauglorimorgorus is also mentioned under Aubleth Crownsilver's entry in Dragon #280, since he helped kill that dragon.

Edited by - Kuje on 11 Mar 2007 04:32:52
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2007 :  01:39:02  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Dragon of the Deeps. Advanced 36HD Dragon Turtle. Lairs in the Deepwash. Serpent Kingdoms page 123.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 16 Mar 2007 :  00:06:32  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Felgolos is mentioned on page 132 of Serpent Kingdoms under the Chultengar entry. I didn't see this reference in your web article.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000