Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Adventurers cleaning up after done adventuring?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  16:33:52  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Anyone run a game where their PCs ended up cleaning up after a successful raid into enemy or foreign territory?

After breaking into an hobgoblin stronghold and slaying the war party, they turn around and bury the bodies?

After entering an old ruins to find kobolds inhabiting the place, they clear out the vermin, and then haul out the bodies to be burned or buried?

If you do I'd like to hear your stories.

Thanks,

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  17:05:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My minotaur would occasionally haul an enemy corpse around, but only until the next encounter -- which he would start by throwing the corpse at the new group of monsters.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

scererar
Master of Realmslore

USA
1618 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2006 :  20:02:42  Show Profile Send scererar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My players would normally only do this if sanctioned to clear out an area for re-settling, or a handy tower the party would like to take over, as a base of operations.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  02:52:04  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Normally, just animating the corpses and using them as fodder would be what i and the others do. Occasionally, we would just burn the corpses on the spot. But animating them into fodder for the next obstacle is the common thing to do.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  02:54:25  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

My minotaur would occasionally haul an enemy corpse around, but only until the next encounter -- which he would start by throwing the corpse at the new group of monsters.

Last year when before our friend that played the dwarven fighter left, when the party was exploring a trapped gnomish dwelling taken over by kobolds, the dwarf would carry a kobold body with him. When they came to a door or stairs, he would thow the corpse as hard as he could. When asked what he was doing, he would reply, "checking for traps."

The party did not, at the time, have a rogue.

Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  05:06:33  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My PCs typically leave bodies where they lay, unless they want to move in.

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Wenin
Senior Scribe

585 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  05:34:39  Show Profile Send Wenin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is what I'm thinking, most PCs wouldn't bother, but would this be the truth in a real world setting?

All those dead bodies left laying about, imagine the diseases this would cause to build up in these places.

Session Reports posted at RPG Geek.
Stem the Tide Takes place in Mistledale.
Dark Curtains - Takes place in the Savage North, starting in Nesmé. I wrapped my campaign into the Hoard of the Dragon Queen, but it takes place in 1372 DR.
Go to Top of Page

Crust
Learned Scribe

USA
273 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  17:31:53  Show Profile  Visit Crust's Homepage Send Crust a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah...

Carrion crawlers. Otyughs. Perhaps a pack of wolves scavanging for carrion. The putresence might attract these creatures.

It might also call the attention of other rangers and/or druids in the area, forcing them to clean up the mess. They might have harsh words for the PCs after that, considering them careless (and therefore somewhat dangerous). That might be interesting if both parties are good-aligned.

Or, perhaps a necromancer, observing the PCs' actions, pays that area a visit and raises an army of zombies to terrorize the local watering hole, etc. etc. Could be interesting.

"That's right, hurl back views that force ye to think by name-calling - 'tis the grand old tradition, let it not down! Anything to keep from having to think, or - Mystra forfend - change thy own views!"

Narnra glowered at her father. "Just how am I to learn how to think? By being taught by you?"

"Some folk in the Realms would give their lives for the chance to learn at my feet," Elminster said mildly. "Several already have."

~from Elminster's Daughter, Ed Greenwood
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2006 :  18:53:29  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is almost embarrassing, but I cant think of a single incident of the characters worrying about how to get rid of the body's. This could of course have to do with my bad memory and the fact that in most cases there has not been a total victory on the PC's side. they were usually in a hurry to get away in case there were more adversaries or something worse would be attracted by the smell of blood.

I must make a note to remember this in my nest campaign.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000