Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming FR Novel Release Listing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2011 :  19:18:24  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looks like Guilded Ruin is dwarves! Finally!

http://www.amazon.com/Gilded-Rune-Lisa-Smedman/dp/0786960302/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_10
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2012 :  15:12:21  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elminster Enraged now has a description and it comes out Sept 4th!

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  04:21:16  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It doesn't sound that interesting to me. Though it's still too early to make a decision whether to buy it or not...

Anyway, why is there no description yet for Charon's Claw? I'd like to know how involved will Thay and Shade be in that book.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 25 Feb 2012 04:22:01
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  20:31:51  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, that's probably because of your feelings about Manshoon. If that Amazon description replaced Manshoon with Telamont, you'd probably be a little more interested.
BB
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  20:54:11  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not only Manshoon. Cormyr, his ash state, and now, Underdark...Sigh. I want something new. Or at least feature Larloch instead of some irksome characters.

And to my query, Charon's Claw is scheduled to be released before Elminster Enraged[/i], yet it still does not have a description while the latter already has.

Edited by - Dennis on 25 Feb 2012 20:54:59
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  21:15:53  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's probably because R.A. Salvatore hasn't written (or at least finished) it yet, but Ed has turned EE in and it's been edited into final form.
I never place much faith in the WotC Amazon descriptions, anyway. They're obviously trying not to give too much away. Heck, Larloch could be the main villain in EE, for all we know.
Though I strongly doubt it. I think Ed's still saving him for something big.
As for "something new" - - well, Ed gives us that, book after book, more than any other Realms author. I happen to like Ed's Realms writing style, but I have a gaming friend who does not, and still buys every last Ed book, because "you can't really understand, enjoy the full depth of, and keep up with, the Realms if you don't."
An opinion I agree with fully.
I'll bet you very little of the book will be set in the Underdark. I think Ed is spotlighting Cormyr all the way in this trilogy. (Funny how scribes complain about Cormyr being overused, and never complain about the Underdark being overused...)
BB
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 25 Feb 2012 :  21:28:43  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I like Ed's older books. The new ones look recycled. How many times must Elminster lose his Art, turn into an old fool, and return to 'normal'? And how many novels must be set in Cormyr before they say its' enough? Sigh. And sigh again.

Done with my short rant.

Now picking up The Masked Witches...and continue where I left off...

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2012 :  20:46:46  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

I like Ed's older books. The new ones look recycled. How many times must Elminster lose his Art, turn into an old fool, and return to 'normal'? And how many novels must be set in Cormyr before they say its' enough? Sigh. And sigh again.

Done with my short rant.

I am of a similar mindset. I really enjoyed the first Elminster book but steadily lost interest after that. I want to see a powerful magic user be able to use their magic.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2012 :  01:52:59  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

quote:

Done with my short rant.

I am of a similar mindset. I really enjoyed the first Elminster book but steadily lost interest after that. I want to see a powerful magic user be able to use their magic.

Indeed. Isn't that the whole point of being powerful?!

Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  15:07:47  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I also seem to prefer Elminster written by others. Troy Dennings Return of the Archwizards series comes to mind.

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  16:39:45  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ooooooo, a pretty cover for the newest Jack Ravenwild novel:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/frnovel/princeofravens

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2012 :  23:26:40  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Ooooooo, a pretty cover for the newest Jack Ravenwild novel:

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/Product.aspx?x=dnd/products/frnovel/princeofravens

Nice! Couldn't find it for preorder on amazon yet. However I do not know, if this is due to not being listed yet or if (once again) this eBook will be downloadable only in the US...

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  00:38:59  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meh, not a big fan of the cover art, but looking forward to the book.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  02:38:40  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by phranctoast

I also seem to prefer Elminster written by others. Troy Dennings Return of the Archwizards series comes to mind.

If if's not written by Ed, Elminster would hardly don a major role. He bowed out in RotA...

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  02:39:34  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by entreri3478

Meh, not a big fan of the cover art, but looking forward to the book.

I don't like the cover art, either. But the blurb sounds interesting enough. I might buy it.

Go to Top of Page

phranctoast
Learned Scribe

USA
151 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2012 :  14:50:09  Show Profile Send phranctoast a Private Message  Reply with Quote
2012 releases:

Cold Steel and Secrets: A Neverwinter Novella, Part IV by Rosemary Jones
January 2012

The Masked Witches: Brotherhood of the Griffon, Book IV by Richard Lee Byers.
February 2012

Venom in Her Veins: A Forgotten Realms Novel by Tim Pratt
March 6th, 2012

The Eye of the Chained God: The Abyssal Plague Trilogy, Book III by Don Bassingthwaite
April 3rd, 2012

Spinner of Lies: A Forgotten Realms novel by Bruce R. Cordell (Sword of the Gods Sequel)
June 5th, 2012

Prince of Ravens: A Forgotten Realms Novel by Richard Baker
July 3rd, 2012

The Gilded Rune by Lisa Smedman
July 3rd, 2012

Charon's Claw: Neverwinter Saga, Book III by R.A. Salvatore
August 7th, 2012

Eye of Justice by Erik Scott De Bie (Sequel to Downshadow/Shadowbane)
September 2012

Elminster Enraged: The Sage of Shadowdale (Forgotten Realms: Sage of Shadowdale)
September 4th 2012

Demon Weave by Alex Irvine (Lolth looks to take over Mystras weave)
September 2012

Godborn by Paul S. Kemp (Sequel to Erevis Cale/Twilight War trilogies)
November 2012

Brimstone Angels: Lesser Evils by Erin Evans
Decemeber 2012

The Serpents Daughter by Elaine Cunningham
TBA 2012

Sequel to Mistshore by Jaleigh Johnson
TBA 2012

Currently reading: Spider and Stone by Jaleigh Johnson: Sequel to Mistshore

Edited by - phranctoast on 07 Mar 2012 15:39:01
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  21:32:43  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't wait for the new Jack Ravenwild book, but I can't beleive it is ebook only. I purchased the ebook of shadowbane and some aspects of having the ebook is cool, but I prefer a paperback. Plus I can't/won't read my ipad in the bath or on a beach.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2012 :  21:33:52  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

I can't wait for the new Jack Ravenwild book, but I can't beleive it is ebook only. I purchased the ebook of shadowbane and some aspects of having the ebook is cool, but I prefer a paperback. Plus I can't/won't read my ipad in the bath or on a beach.

ebook only? =PASS

Go to Top of Page

Therise
Master of Realmslore

1272 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2012 :  05:07:33  Show Profile Send Therise a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm very much looking forward to Lisa Smedman's upcoming novel, I really like all of her works.

The only problem... the dwarves are suffering from a Stoneplague? *sigh* Spellplague, Abyssal Plague, now a Stoneplague. It's like the design team has plagues on the brain. But I hope it's good regardless.

Female, 40-year DM of a homebrew-evolved 1E Realms, including a few added tidbits of 2E and 3E lore; played originally in AD&D, then in Rolemaster. Be a DM for your kids and grandkids, gaming is excellent for families!
Go to Top of Page

Tarrok of Halruaa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2012 :  20:38:35  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Amazon.com is now listing 2 novels for 2013:

Prophet of the Dead - Richard Lee Byers - Brotherhood of the Griffon 5 - February 2013

The Last Threshold - R A Salvatore - Neverwinter 4 - March 2013
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2012 :  21:54:21  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is awesome if RA Salvatore is releasing books that quickly again! Can't wait for Charon's Claw and Prophet of the Dead.
Go to Top of Page

kyle20101
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  01:15:01  Show Profile  Visit kyle20101's Homepage Send kyle20101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at B&N.com it looks like there's a lot of new stuff coming out that's ebook only. That makes me sad. I want to hold that book in my hand and put it on my shelf when I'm done. I like books, real books. I'm not buying a nook or a kindle just to read FR.

It's particularly upsetting that it's this Richard Baker book is part of it. I was willing to pay full price for a hardcover just to have it. Now it seems I'm going to miss out.

I hope FR isn't moving this way with all their future stuff.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  01:26:46  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Godborn's release date is barely 2 months away. But there's no blurb/description yet. And 304 pages only? Even for a trade paperback, isn't that rather short?

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  14:58:59  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Godborn's release date is barely 2 months away. But there's no blurb/description yet. And 304 pages only? Even for a trade paperback, isn't that rather short?

Nope, short is 250 or 275. His Star Wars book ranged from 304 to 320 pages.

So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  16:26:33  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

This is being released as a trade paperback and not mass market paperback??

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 06 Aug 2012 :  20:55:00  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Yes. That's what Paul said.

Go to Top of Page

drkissinger1
Acolyte

USA
32 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2012 :  07:32:14  Show Profile  Visit drkissinger1's Homepage Send drkissinger1 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think Rise of the Zhentarim is due out in December, if I'm not mistaken.
Go to Top of Page

Lameth
Learned Scribe

Germany
196 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  15:27:47  Show Profile  Visit Lameth's Homepage Send Lameth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by drkissinger1

Out in germany in 2035 *g*

http://www.amazon.de/Rise-Zhentarim-Bound-Blood-ebook/dp/B008AV8GVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345213616&sr=8-1
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  16:18:07  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lameth

quote:
Originally posted by drkissinger1

Out in germany in 2035 *g*

http://www.amazon.de/Rise-Zhentarim-Bound-Blood-ebook/dp/B008AV8GVG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345213616&sr=8-1

They have GOT to change that cover

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2012 :  17:41:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well the push back to fall 2013 is a blow......but Paul did say it was now a rather large book. Larger than it was going to be. So...I'll wait. But I still want it now

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000