Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming FR Novel Release Listing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  03:27:04  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Six minimum, fingers crossed for even more.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  05:09:54  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lee Byers

Excellent! Do you basically build new stories with the same crew from book to book, or do you have a greater scheme in mind that unites all the books?

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Elsenrail
Seeker

Poland
72 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  12:06:40  Show Profile Send Elsenrail a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Glad to hear that. Can't wait! :)
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  12:21:14  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Wow. That's great! So maybe we'll be seeing a dozen?

I know I said it before, but I just can't say it quite enough...May you venture back to Thay. It's been awhile since we've seen a Thay-centered series. I heard Bob is touching a little on the famous realm of undead (Szass Tam scheming in Gauntlgrym); but I'm having a feeling Drizzt and Co. will not set foot on Thay. Drizzt killed a thousand orcs; but I doubt he could handle a thousand tireless undead.

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  14:53:47  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
skychrome: So far (and by so far, I mean from The Haunted Lands through Brotherhood of the Griffon #6), I'm telling three-volume stories, but with ongoing subplots that run through the whole saga. I don't really have a master plan for Aoth's entire career. I come up with an idea for the next story when I need one. Given the nature of this particular series, I don't see any advantage to steering toward some predetermined endpoint. Even though Cera believes that the gods have sometimes used Aoth as their agent, he's emphatically not a character in the Elric mode moving inexorably toward a Destiny or a Doom.

The three-volume story isn't something that WotC has required. But since they contract for three BptG books at a time, it's natural for me to think in those terms.

Dennis: For obvious reasons, Thay is the last place that Aoth and his comrades want to return to. But that doesn't mean they won't ever have to. We'll see.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2011 :  16:07:44  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Perhaps they could enter incognito? Though the problem would be to get a very powerful illusionist to hide them... Maybe one of the masked witches?

Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  02:51:46  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Six Books with the possibility of more! That is fantastic news, as I am really enjoying the series and can't wait for book four to come out.

Mr. Byers, why is it that you are able to release these books so quickly, whereas other authors (I know some just can't write them that fast)such as Paul S. Kemp have lamented how slowly his books are being released?
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  03:46:40  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

skychrome: So far (and by so far, I mean from The Haunted Lands through Brotherhood of the Griffon #6), I'm telling three-volume stories, but with ongoing subplots that run through the whole saga. I don't really have a master plan for Aoth's entire career. I come up with an idea for the next story when I need one. Given the nature of this particular series, I don't see any advantage to steering toward some predetermined endpoint. Even though Cera believes that the gods have sometimes used Aoth as their agent, he's emphatically not a character in the Elric mode moving inexorably toward a Destiny or a Doom.

The three-volume story isn't something that WotC has required. But since they contract for three BptG books at a time, it's natural for me to think in those terms.

Thanks for the answer Richard! Sounds very good, really looking forward to it! I think a trilogy is always one of the best options to really built an interesting story in the realms (with a few exceptions like for example Black Bouquet, which I really loved as stand alone).

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625
Go to Top of Page

Richard Lee Byers
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
1814 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2011 :  13:05:05  Show Profile  Visit Richard Lee Byers's Homepage  Reply with Quote
jornan: I would answer your question if I knew the answer, but I don't. I have no idea what goes into the decision-making when the publisher is figuring out how to handle the work of other writers. Some of the time, I don't even understand why the publisher is handling my work in a particular way. All I can tell you is that a while back, I asked if my novels could come out faster than they had been, and WotC said okay.
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 12 Aug 2011 :  19:42:50  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

jornan: I would answer your question if I knew the answer, but I don't. I have no idea what goes into the decision-making when the publisher is figuring out how to handle the work of other writers. Some of the time, I don't even understand why the publisher is handling my work in a particular way. All I can tell you is that a while back, I asked if my novels could come out faster than they had been, and WotC said okay.

I'm certainly glad that you asked to have them released faster because I like the accelerated release schedule.

Looking around Amazon I saw that the cover art for Venom In Her Veins is up. I like it.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 13 Aug 2011 :  03:36:38  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

It appears like only your novels are published that fast. Which I really like. Waiting is excruciating.

Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 18 Oct 2011 :  20:22:32  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I found a couple new listings on Amazon, one of which I am fairly certain is a FR book and the other I would say has a decent chance of being one. The first is Prince of Ravens by Richard Baker, which I assume is a sequel to City of Ravens. It's currently listed as a Kindle release for whatever that's worth. The book has a July 3rd release date. The other, which I suspect is a FR given the author (and it's being released by WotC, to be clear) is The Gilded Rune by Lisa Smedman. A number of her D&D books have been FR books, so that is why I am assuming this one is as well. Though she has also been involved in a number of Ravenloft products in the past looking over her Amazon listings so maybe we will see something new on that front. Her books is listed as a paperback. Her book also has a July 3rd release date, which may cast doubt on it being a FR book as I don't believe they release 2 on the same day.

Peace is a lie, there is only passion. Through passion, I gain strength. Through strength, I gain power. Through power, I gain victory. Through victory, my chains are broken. The Force shall free me.
-The Sith Code

Teenage Sith zombies, Tulkh thought-how in the moons of Bogden had it all started? Every so often, the universe must just get bored and decide to really cut loose. -Star Wars: Red Harvest
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2011 :  21:59:29  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
City of Ravens sequel ebook only.....for $#@&

Edited by - jornan on 20 Oct 2011 21:59:57
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2011 :  22:50:12  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

City of Ravens sequel ebook only.....for $#@&

Might be something else than a sequel... Cannot find any information on this in the web except release date. Wizards page states nothing neither...

Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2011 :  05:03:20  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Richard Baker made mention on his blog a while back that he was working on a sequel. I really wanted it in good old fashioned book format, but will buy an ebook if I have to if it means Jack Ravenwild!
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2011 :  15:41:07  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Richard Baker made mention on his blog a while back that he was working on a sequel. I really wanted it in good old fashioned book format, but will buy an ebook if I have to if it means Jack Ravenwild!

It really irks me when they decided to release a book ONLY in E-book format.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2011 :  02:59:27  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have a website with the release dates for the next year or two mapped out? O-love (http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_new.html) seems to have abandoned his/her site :(
Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2011 :  23:47:53  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does anyone have a website with the release dates for the next year or two mapped out? O-love (http://www.o-love.net/realms/fr_new.html) seems to have abandoned his/her site :(

I've been finding the listings on Amazon. I start with a search for Forgotten Realms (in the books section) and set it to sort by publication date. Then I check individual authors as some are showing up without the FR tag, but given their titles and that they are being released by WotC it is reasonable to assume they are FR books.

-The Sith Code

Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  03:16:26  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And some more books have popped up on Amazon, Demon Weave, and it looks like things are about to take a turn for the interesting. Here is part of the description:

A "prophet" moves among the drow. A fallen priest, a scoundrel, a seductress, and if history is any guide, an avatar of Lolth herself. There are whispers to the leaders of the great drow Houses, communicating Lolth's desire: The Spider Queen will spin a new Weave and take Mystra's vacant seat as god of magic.

And, for anyone paying attention to such things, this appears to be another ebook.

There is also a new paperback with cover art, The Rose of Sarifal, a novel of the Moonshea Isles.

Also, the pre order (with cover art) for Elminster Enraged is up.

Finally, the previously mentioned Prince of Ravens now has a product description. It is a FR book, and it stars Jack Ravenwild.

-The Sith Code

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  04:41:44  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So they're not content with Shar. Now they have Lloth to once again usurp Mystra's throne.

Go to Top of Page

Tyrant
Senior Scribe

USA
586 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2011 :  07:40:48  Show Profile  Visit Tyrant's Homepage Send Tyrant a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

So they're not content with Shar. Now they have Lloth to once again usurp Mystra's throne.

I'm curious to see how it will play out. I notice part of Lolth's plan is similar to the plan Mystra has put forth in the current Elminster books.

-The Sith Code

Go to Top of Page

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2011 :  02:50:33  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Lloth/Mystra story arc seems like it should be a little more important than a ebook only release. I'm also saddened that the next Jack Ravenwild book looks to only be in ebook format.
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2011 :  23:56:16  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, all this sounds really promising! Jack Ravenwild is a must for me and the Lolth/Mystra novel sounds also really good. Plus Godborn. Thrilling!

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2011 :  16:11:47  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by skychrome

Wow, all this sounds really promising! Jack Ravenwild is a must for me and the Lolth/Mystra novel sounds also really good. Plus Godborn. Thrilling!

Dang it, now I need an e-reader thingy. The Lolth/Mystra at 5k seems to be a bit short for a full novel.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Tarrok of Halruaa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 19 Nov 2011 :  16:22:06  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Gilded Rune by Lisa Smedman is also on Amazon with an April 2012 publication date. Is this a Forgotten Realms novel?
Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  14:53:44  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good news from Rich Baker’s blog

Prince of Ravens is coming out this summer!

As an e-book…..glad my birthday is in June.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Thauranil
Master of Realmslore

India
1591 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2011 :  12:49:17  Show Profile Send Thauranil a Private Message  Reply with Quote
When is Demon Weave coming out?Hopefully Elminster will succeed in his plan to resurrect Mystra!Please anyone besides Lolth! Shar, Bane, Cyric...okay maybe not Cyric!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2011 :  17:51:13  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Tarrok of Halruaa, it certainly is a Realms novel. Ed tells me it races along, and highlights an oft-neglected race. "Very much worth buying and reading."
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Tarrok of Halruaa
Acolyte

United Kingdom
37 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2011 :  18:13:07  Show Profile Send Tarrok of Halruaa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much for answering my question THO I look forward to reading the novel!
Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2011 :  18:25:25  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You're very welcome! Ed itches to reveal more (when you see a copy of the novel, it will probably have a "blurb" by him somewhere on its covers), but of course legally cannot.
However: he liked it.
love,
THO
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000