Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming FR Novel Release Listing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2015 :  07:16:36  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't remember the last time I bought an 'in the flesh' book; my kindle collection is getting pretty extensive now. The convenience, and the easy way to scratch my impulse-buy, instant-gratification itch, make e-books vastly preferable for me.

Erin -

From the author's point of view, do you have any preference for book mediums/formats?

Edited by - BenN on 12 Feb 2015 07:17:10
Go to Top of Page

packratt
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2015 :  01:30:19  Show Profile Send packratt a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My bad. Somehow when I searched I only came up with kindle.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 17 Feb 2015 :  19:07:06  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by packratt

Not at all: Amazon usually loads the Kindle version immediately, and the paper versions sometimes take a while to show up. :)

BenN: Whatever version gets you to buy it!

But all other things being equal, the hardcover has the best return for me.

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Schreckstoff
Seeker

53 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2015 :  12:06:45  Show Profile Send Schreckstoff a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ErinMEvans

quote:
Originally posted by packratt

Not at all: Amazon usually loads the Kindle version immediately, and the paper versions sometimes take a while to show up. :)

BenN: Whatever version gets you to buy it!

But all other things being equal, the hardcover has the best return for me.

Nothing beats a beautiful Hardcover and Farideh makes for fantastic cover art.

Complete Drizzt Saga - Check
In love with Farideh's Saga - Check
Disappointed at Erevis' Saga's apparent end - Check
Go to Top of Page

jmason107
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2015 :  02:24:03  Show Profile Send jmason107 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The little blurb written for Spellstorm makes it seem like it is going to be the game Clue, except Archmage Dungeon and Dragons style lol. It was Szass in the library with an energy drain lol....

V/R,

JMason
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2015 :  03:11:13  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmason107

The little blurb written for Spellstorm makes it seem like it is going to be the game Clue, except Archmage Dungeon and Dragons style lol. It was Szass in the library with an energy drain lol....

No, no it was the Simbul in the Gazebo with the Rod of Seven Parts!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2017 :  08:59:16  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wizards is it true that stopped the production of Novels? If yes, Are they going to collaborate with another company to publish novels, or not?

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2017 :  02:20:14  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At this time none of the FR authors that were writing books recently have bee offered new novel contracts.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Mankyle
Acolyte

Spain
42 Posts

Posted - 12 Jun 2017 :  19:45:16  Show Profile Send Mankyle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

At this time none of the FR authors that were writing books recently have bee offered new novel contracts.

-- George Krashos

R.A.S.'s answer to this same question

https://twitter.com/r_a_salvatore/status/874031121796784129
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 19 Jun 2017 :  11:00:50  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sad news

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2017 :  23:20:26  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Im sorry to go OT for a second. Since FR novels are no longer a thing (no puplications in DMG? I would pay for this, even from hobby writers) I was looking for other stuff to follow. There I stayed with WOTC and got a closer look at the Magic the gathering novels. Well it seems, that there have a down too. No "real" books anymore, just ebooks for the last and new upcoming novels? Is that right?
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2017 :  00:32:41  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
IIRC, DMs Guild doesn't allow for fictions to be submitted. Only adventures or guidebooks.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...
Go to Top of Page

Petra_W
Acolyte

Germany
30 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2017 :  18:01:06  Show Profile Send Petra_W a Private Message  Reply with Quote
But was'nt there any comment here about greenwood could publish next novels on DMG because of this contract?

I think this is the end for D&D novels then. :(
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2017 :  19:07:36  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed can, though so far he has published a few Mirt's short stories. He is focused now in the TEGG stuff, though (that I see as a good thing).

We, the fans, cannot.

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 15 Aug 2017 19:10:50
Go to Top of Page

Adhriva
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2017 :  22:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Adhriva's Homepage Send Adhriva a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zeromaru X

Ed can, though so far he has published a few Mirt's short stories. He is focused now in the TEGG stuff, though (that I see as a good thing).

We, the fans, cannot.

To clarify: Ed is under the same restrictions as everyone else when it comes to the DMsGuild. The first Mirt story was pulled because it was a narrative only. Ed added a few RPG elements and stats to it and put it back up.

Professional illustrator and comic book artist.
Portfolio
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000