Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Upcoming FR Novel Release Listing
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  03:22:04  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have compiled a list of upcoming releases for the Forgotten Realms including release dates where available (based on Amazon.com and wizards.com). I will try to maintain this list as more information is made available on new novels coming out.

((If you notice anything in this list that needs to be updated, please PM me and I will fix it immediately))

2007 Releases:

Sacrifice of the Widow by Lisa Smedman
The Lady Penitent Trilogy, Book I
Paperback - Released February 2007 - available now

The Depths of Madness by Erik Scott de Bie
The Dungeons, Book 1
Paperback - Released March 2007 - available now

Unclean by Richard Lee Byers
The Haunted Land, Book I
Paperback - Released April 2007 - available now

The Gossamer Plain by Thomas M. Reid
The Empryean Odyssey, Book I
Paperback - Released May 2007 - available now

The Best of the Realms III: The Stories of Elaine Cunningham
Anthology
Paperback - Released May 2007 - available now

Scream of Stone by Philip Athans
The Watercourse Trilogy, Book III
Paperback - Released June 2007 - available now

The Howling Delve by Jaleigh Johnson
The Dungeons, Book 3
Paperback - Released July 2007 - available now

Swords of Dragonfire by Ed Greenwood
The Knights of Myth Drannor, Book II
Hardcover - Released August 2007 - available now

Shadowstorm by Paul S. Kemp
The Twilight War, Book II
Paperback - Released September 2007 - available now

Storm of the Dead by Lisa Smedman
The Lady Penitent Trilogy, Book II
Paperback - Released September 2007 - available now

The Orc King by R.A. Salvatore
Transitions, Book I
Hardcover - Released September 2007 - available now

Stardeep by Bruce Cordell
The Dungeons, Book 3
Paperback - Released October 2007 - available now

Crypt of the Moaning Diamond by Rosemary Jones
The Dungeons, Book 4
Paperback - Released November 2007 - available now

Neversfall by Ed Gentry
The Citadels
Paperback - Released November 2007 - available now

The Annotated Elminster by Ed Greenwood
Omnibus
Hardcover - Released November 2007 - available now

2008 Releases:

Realms of War
Anthology
Paperback - Released January 2008 - available now

Undead by Richard Lee Byers
The Haunted Land, Book II
Paperback - Released March 2008 - available now

Obsidian Ridge by Jess Lebow
The Citadels
Paperback - Released April 2008 - available now

The Shield of Weeping Ghosts by James P. Davis
The Citadels
Paperback - Released May, 2008 - available now

Swordmage: Blade of the Moonsea by Richard Baker
Blades of the Moonsea, Book I
Hardcover - Released May, 2008 - available now

Ascendancy of the Last by Lisa Smedman
The Lady Penitent Trilogy, Book III
Paperback - Released June, 2008 - available now

Sentinelspire by Mark Sehestedt
The Citadels
Paperback - Released July, 2008 - available now

Blackstaff Tower by Steven Schend
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep
Paperback - Released September, 2008 - available now

Mistshore by Jaleigh Johnson
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep
Paperback - Released September, 2008 - available now

The Pirate King by R. A. Salvatore
Transitions, Book II
Hardcover - Release Date: October 2008

The Sword Never Sleeps by Ed Greenwood
Knights of Myth Drannor
Paperback - Release Date: November, 2008

The Fractured Sky by Thomas M. Reid
The Empryean Odyssey, Book II
Paperback - Release Date: November 2008

Shadowrealm by Paul S. Kemp
The Twilight War, Book III
Paperback - Release Date: December 2, 2008

Other Upcoming Releases:

Reclamation by Elaine Cunningham
Songs and Swords, Book 6
Hardcover - Release Date: 2009?

Unholy by Richard Lee Byers
The Haunted Land, Book III
Paperback - Release Date: 2009

The Crystal Mountain by Thomas M. Reid
The Empryean Odyssey, Book III
Paperback - Release Date: 2009

The Ghost King by R. A. Salvatore
Transitions, Book III
Hardcover - Release Date: October 2009

Realms of The Dead
Anthology
Paperback - Release Date: 2010

Thanks to Lord Rad for his list in this thread, http://www.candlekeep.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5030, and for the work done on Tethtoril's Bookshelf on the main Candlekeep site, as this listing includes information found in both of those sources.

Edited by - Jhoebryn on 01 Sep 2008 17:37:50

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  03:29:24  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Realms of the Elves has been out since February?! My bookstore still hasn't gotten it. Sigh. It's a sad time to be a geek in Ann Arbor...

[wanders off muttering and looking up internet bookstores]

Doggedly converting 3e back to what D&D should be...
Sigh... And now 4e as well.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6641 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  06:57:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wow, you live in Ann Arbor? So does Eric Boyd.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  13:02:05  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hoondatha

Realms of the Elves has been out since February?! My bookstore still hasn't gotten it. Sigh. It's a sad time to be a geek in Ann Arbor...

[wanders off muttering and looking up internet bookstores]

And Ann Arbor has scads of bookstores, if I'm rightly told. Dunno why you've had no luck. As it is, I've only been there once to visit Eric and his lovely wife, so my experience with the town's bookshops is limited.

I'm hoping to get there some time this summer and set up a book signing for Blackstaff. Any chance you'd know who I should talk to about that?

SES
who begs to differ on the list and notes that his contract named BLACKSTAFF as Wizards Book One

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  13:20:43  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Steven Schend

who begs to differ on the list and notes that his contract named BLACKSTAFF as Wizards Book One

I shall take that as an official source and modify the list accordingly...
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  17:07:38  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Wow, you live in Ann Arbor? So does Eric Boyd.

-- George Krashos

Hello-

Heh - and I've been to Ann Arbor a few times. Also seems odd that you can't find the book there at all... do you prefer one bookstore over all others? That might explain why you have not been able to find it....

And on that note - I'll have to remember that in case I get to travel back to Ann Arbor in the future - would not mind buying dinner for Mr. Boyd!

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  17:10:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm hoping to get there some time this summer and set up a book signing for Blackstaff. Any chance you'd know who I should talk to about that?

Any chance you'll be signing books down in my neck of the woods?

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2006 :  22:50:43  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ann Arbor has a bunch of used book stores, more than any other place I've ever seen before, actually, but is somewhat light on the new book stores that don't carry textbooks. That and I've had a severe cash shortage (it's called a grad student budget, unfortunately), and I've not been looking very hard. It's still depressing, since that's a book I've been wanting.

And on the other note, wow, I had no idea that such a luminary graced the town. Oh, and if you do show up, Steven, I'll be there. Never been to a book signing in my life, but for you guys, I'll make an exception.

Go to Top of Page

BlackAce
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
358 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2006 :  11:39:18  Show Profile Send BlackAce a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Pants. I'm still hunting down some of last years!
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1705 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2006 :  23:12:01  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

If'n I could remember which woods and which neck you're in, I'd be able to tell you, my woolen pal.

I'm figuring on trying to set up as many book signings as I can get away with in July/August in SE Wisconsin, central to southern Michigan, and parts among them as I can. I'll keep folks posted as possible via my folder.

SES

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2006 :  01:51:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

If'n I could remember which woods and which neck you're in, I'd be able to tell you, my woolen pal.

I'm figuring on trying to set up as many book signings as I can get away with in July/August in SE Wisconsin, central to southern Michigan, and parts among them as I can. I'll keep folks posted as possible via my folder.

SES

The east coast of central Florida. 'Tis pretty far from Wisconsin, I'm afraid. But I know you want to come to sunny Florida!

Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 05 May 2006 :  17:10:47  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am SO ready for May 9th right now . . .
Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  01:59:09  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
...then why wait - my Barnes and Noble has both "The Ruin" and "City of Splendors (PB)" on the shelves now - May 8th (on my way to get them)...
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  02:01:33  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
D'oh . . . stupid, stupid, stupid conference at work . . . every day last week I checked for The Ruin, just in case . . . now I'm too tied up to do anything about it.
Go to Top of Page

Shadovar
Senior Scribe

785 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  02:18:11  Show Profile  Visit Shadovar's Homepage Send Shadovar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jhoebryn

...then why wait - my Barnes and Noble has both "The Ruin" and "City of Splendors (PB)" on the shelves now - May 8th (on my way to get them)...

The bad news is that Amazon.com and some product websites won't deliver such books to certain countries, so be wary about purchasing from Amazon.com.

We have fostered trust, recruited loyalty, and gathered the faithful. We have trained thousands. Our legions can cover the land, fill the sky and travel through the darkness. We can hunt any and all that would deny our heritage. Now is our time, now is the time of the Dark Reign(Rain) of the Empire of Shadows.
- High Prince Telemont Tanthul, Lord Shadow
In a speech given to the citizens of Shade Enclave
At the celebration of the Shinantra Battle victory when he revealed that he was THE Lord Shadow of legend.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  03:19:49  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

My Barnes & Noble had the latter, but not the former...

Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  04:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. Sounds like it's time to head to the bookstores again. Good thing I finally got paid...

Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  16:38:39  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Did anyone have problems with the binding quality on "The Ruin"? In every copy at my local B&N, the front cover opened all the way and very freely, as if they didn't get the glue along the spine of the book under the cover. The first few pages feel as if they will pull away from the spine very easily. I also noticed that all of the copies of Thieves of Blood - another Wizards novel (Eberron) - were the same way. Did anyone else notice this?
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  20:40:17  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Did anyone have problems with the binding quality on "The Ruin"? In every copy at my local B&N, the front cover opened all the way and very freely, as if they didn't get the glue along the spine of the book under the cover. The first few pages feel as if they will pull away from the spine very easily. I also noticed that all of the copies of Thieves of Blood - another Wizards novel (Eberron) - were the same way. Did anyone else notice this?

Well met

Indeed, my copy is the same. It does have a slight fragile feel to it for the first few pages, but i'm sure it will hold up fine

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 10 May 2006 :  20:42:29  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm. I know I saw a copy at my local Borders, but I didn't pick it up. I'll try to wander by there later today and give you all a conservation-student's opinion.

Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2006 :  03:35:41  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I picked up my copy of The Ruin earlier today at Borders. Didn't have enough spare cash to get City of Splendors as I got the PHB II.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

Darth KTrava
Learned Scribe

USA
172 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2006 :  03:38:17  Show Profile  Visit Darth KTrava's Homepage Send Darth KTrava a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Indeed, my copy is the same. It does have a slight fragile feel to it for the first few pages, but i'm sure it will hold up fine

Mine seems a bit fragile in the front as well. Hope WOTC's not being a cheapskate with their book quality.

Evil will be dealt with swiftly as it is my duty to remove such evil from my presence.
-Rozhena, Cleric/Divine Champion of Torm
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2006 :  17:49:56  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Mine has that freely-open feel to it, but i don't think it's a problem and doubt the pages will come detached.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Hoondatha
Great Reader

USA
2449 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2006 :  02:23:33  Show Profile  Visit Hoondatha's Homepage Send Hoondatha a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I can't comment, unfortunately. Both of my Borders' two copies were fully glued. Let's hope this means that whatever problem they had in their initial run has been solved.

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  01:55:45  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Update 2006 Releases:

Dark Vision by Bruce R. Cordell
The Wizards - Book 3
Paperback – Release Date Sept. 12th
ISBN- 0786940174

Frostfell by Mark Sehestedt
The Wizards - Book 4
Paperback - Release Date Dec. 12th
ISBN- 0786942452

2006 Sept-Dec WOTC Product Guide handed out at ALA Conference

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  03:23:02  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmm... Books drop on Tuesdays, just like CDs and DVDs...

Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 27 Jun 2006 :  05:35:11  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hello-

Yes Wooly - they do - though they can (and do) vary a lot more. I think I'm aware of *maybe* 1/2 dozen CD's / DVD that have not come out on a Tuesday in the last dozen years or so. However - generally there are books released Mon-Fri fairly often. Though I will conceed - that the bulk of them are released on Tuesdays (probably 40% - my personal guess). Its actually not totally unheard of to have a Sat release (Harry Potter).

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Go to Top of Page

James P. Davis
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
244 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  09:20:23  Show Profile  Visit James P. Davis's Homepage Send James P. Davis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Dhomal Posted - 27 Jun 2006 : 05:35:11
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello-

Yes Wooly - they do - though they can (and do) vary a lot more. I think I'm aware of *maybe* 1/2 dozen CD's / DVD that have not come out on a Tuesday in the last dozen years or so. However - generally there are books released Mon-Fri fairly often. Though I will conceed - that the bulk of them are released on Tuesdays (probably 40% - my personal guess). Its actually not totally unheard of to have a Sat release (Harry Potter).

Dhomal

Yup, anything with a Strict on Sale date, with exceptions such as Harry Potter, almost always hit the shelves on Tuesdays. Usually only WotC hardcovers have the SoS date with paperbacks having a much less regulated release date meaning they can be shelved when they show up, but most stores tend to adhere to both types of release dates. A store can get in BIG trouble for breaking an SoS date.

"Everybody is a book of blood; wherever we're opened, we're red."--Clive Barker

FR: RotD2:"Possessions"
Wizards:Bloodwalk
Citadels: The Shield of Weeping Ghosts
Wilds: The Restless Shore
Ed Greenwood Presents Waterdeep: Circle of Skulls (May 2010)
Book trailers: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jC-ska7ohVk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfvFdQ8bLp0
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  16:49:44  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by James P. Davis

Yup, anything with a Strict on Sale date, with exceptions such as Harry Potter, almost always hit the shelves on Tuesdays. Usually only WotC hardcovers have the SoS date with paperbacks having a much less regulated release date meaning they can be shelved when they show up, but most stores tend to adhere to both types of release dates. A store can get in BIG trouble for breaking an SoS date.

Hello-

Certainly - it has been my experience that the WoTC hardcovers have the Tuesday date almost exclusively. Sometimes the paperbacks are - sometimes not, as you said. However - just for completeness from my end of things (the retail end, as opposed to the publishing end) we DO see many books released on dates other than Tuesdays, just not normally WoTC items. In fact - last week or the week before IIRC had a large number of books released on either Thu or Fri - can't remember which exactly. I think that the spread throughout the week is a good thing though. :)

Interestingly - in case anyone cares - :) - I can't seem to get information on forthcoming WoTC releases before it gets covered here. Our internal systems have things far into the future (sometimes) and all of the WoTC items I can see now have already been mentioned. So - Candlekeep is a good source for the LATEST information!

Dhomal

Dhomal

Go to Top of Page

Jhoebryn
Acolyte

43 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2006 :  17:17:29  Show Profile  Visit Jhoebryn's Homepage Send Jhoebryn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bakra

Update 2006 Releases:

Dark Vision by Bruce R. Cordell
The Wizards - Book 3
Paperback – Release Date Sept. 12th
ISBN- 0786940174

Frostfell by Mark Sehestedt
The Wizards - Book 4
Paperback - Release Date Dec. 12th
ISBN- 0786942452

2006 Sept-Dec WOTC Product Guide handed out at ALA Conference

Thanks - I have added them to the master list
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  12:14:45  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I stumbled across an audio CD of the last "sellswords Trilogy" book - Road of the Patriarch whih will hit stores in Oct 06. I am wondering about who is the speaker/reader of the CD. R.A. Salvatore himself?

Edit - My appologies if this is of topic.

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 29 Jun 2006 12:17:42
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000