Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Best Character of Elaine
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2006 :  10:06:34  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo; I still count Elaith as one of Ed's. When I think about it I would go with Danilo any way.
Go to Top of Page

Chosen of Moradin
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1120 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2006 :  14:33:14  Show Profile  Visit Chosen of Moradin's Homepage Send Chosen of Moradin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I go with Liriel.

Dwarf, DM, husband, and proud of this! :P

twitter: @yuripeixoto
Facebook: yuri.peixoto
Go to Top of Page

DrJackal
Acolyte

21 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2006 :  22:28:59  Show Profile  Visit DrJackal's Homepage Send DrJackal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Liriel.

"I was never on anyone's side in the first place, so how could I betray them?" -- Akabane Kuroudo.

"No man is a black magician in his own eyes." --- Richard Cavendish, The Black Arts
Go to Top of Page

ElvenBard
Acolyte

Turkey
8 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2006 :  03:00:30  Show Profile  Visit ElvenBard's Homepage Send ElvenBard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Fyodor of Rashemen.. he rocks! it's first time i've became one with a character that created by someone else, he was made for me.. he was me!
Go to Top of Page

Alediran
Acolyte

Argentina
36 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2006 :  18:09:00  Show Profile  Visit Alediran's Homepage Send Alediran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Liriel all the way. I like her so much that my last DM made my favourite character met her and they are going to get married in the campaing I'm DMing.

Alediran of House Tir'ent from Evermeet, the most knowledgeable elven family about Faerūn.

- Member of the Elven Netbook proyect
Go to Top of Page

AlacLuin
Learned Scribe

131 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  02:19:17  Show Profile  Visit AlacLuin's Homepage Send AlacLuin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm re-reading Evermeet, I can't say this was a favorite charicter but I loved what was said about his name....

Athol- the man whose mom had a lisp
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  13:04:34  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alediran

Liriel all the way. I like her so much that my last DM made my favourite character met her and they are going to get married in the campaing I'm DMing.

Yikes! My condolences to your favorite character!
Go to Top of Page

Alediran
Acolyte

Argentina
36 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  15:43:15  Show Profile  Visit Alediran's Homepage Send Alediran a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ElaineCunningham

quote:
Originally posted by Alediran

Yikes! My condolences to your favorite character!

Since your books have modeled many aspects of Alediran of House Tir'ent from Leuthilspar I'll tell you a bit about him.

House Tir'ent was founded by one of the sons of Ava Moonflower and his husband who's name I can't recall now. He was born a Sun Elf and named Damuril Durothil, but since he felt more close to his mother, she raised him and became a wizard. When he was about 2 centuries old, he felt the wanderlust of his Moon elf side, and decided to return to Faerūn.

He spent 3 centuries of his life travelling the mainland, helping people wherever he went. He was married to a young Sun Elf from Aryvaandar that at first didn't like him because of his personality, but after he saved her life she felt in love with him. They travelled together during most of Damuril's time in Faerūn where he earned his nickname of "Wandering Spells".

After a time, he returned to Evermeet and found that in the 3 centuries he was out the people in the island became too isolationist, so both he and his wife decided that knowledge about the mainland should never get old, and they formed House Tir'ent, that is the traduction of Damuril's nickname of Wandering Spells (I invented it since I couldn't find something tat suiten me).

Alediran is the youngest member of the family, naturaly gifted with the Art, like all the clan, and with the wanderlust of their Moon Elf ancestry. He travelled to Halruaa to visit a friend of his parents, an Master Elemental Savant of Air after Nimesin's invation. Alediran spent a year with the Master Elementalist, learning the secrets of that form of Art. During the last quest Alediran had to do, he travelled to Rashemen, where he needed to find a trapped Air Spirit that wasn't released when Liriel did her ritual.

He arrived in one of the cities. The guardians were a bit surprised to see an elf in that remote location. But Alediran, coming from a family who treasures knowledge about Faerūn as much as magic, knew who he needed to see, the local wychlaran, so he asked the guards where the local wychlaran was, and he was shown the way, talking to a big human with an impish smile.

When he arived to the local Witch's lodge he almost passed to Arvandor from the impression he had when he saw Liriel (because both her beauty and the fact that she was a drow), but thankfully he knew about Dark Elves with silver hair (her mother was one of Amlauril's contacts with Qilué Veladorn and the Promenade Temple), so at the time he recovered from the shock Liriel was already laughing. Alediran managed to tell her about what he was doing there, and since she hadn't an adventure in a long time, Liriel decided to help the surprised Alediran.

They spent a couple weeks together, when they exchanged tales about their adventures. Alediran told Liriel about how he saved his life during the attack on Evermeet thanks to his unique personality and the year he spent in Halruaa (what Liriel did I don't need to tell :P).

At the end of the third tenday a couple Red Wizards attacked the area, so both elves ran to help the locals. Thankfully the presence of Liriel was enough to scare the magelings but Alediran's fast response to the problem impressed her, that and the other things the young Sun Elf was. Later on that day the found the spirit and released it. And when Alediran told Liriel he needed to return to his master, she decided to travell with him.

And that's the story about how they met. As you can see, your books had a huge impact in my character. At this moment in my campaign (Flamerule 13, 1372 DR) Alediran and Liriel are in Silverymoon, searching for information about the Aryfaern'Kerym of Cormanthor. And they are going to meet the greates assortement of elves I've ever seen (an avariel cleric, a star elf who studies for bladesinger, a really young sun elf sorceress, a moon elf that uses her skills to recover lost elven artifacts to take them to Evereska's keep, a Wood elf druid from High Forest and a planetouched Sun elf that has celestial blood)

Alediran of House Tir'ent from Evermeet, the most knowledgeable elven family about Faerūn.

- Member of the Elven Netbook proyect
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11695 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2006 :  16:54:05  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Although Elaith was originally created by Ed, Elaine has entirely changed that very basic character. I'm very much torn between him and Danilo, but ultimately, I think Danilo makes me smile more.

Phillip aka Sleyvas

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  17:36:31  Show Profile Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith Craulnober, he has that dark brooding thing going on. Seems like a lost soul, but hope stirs on the horison for him ;)

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  20:44:42  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mine favorit is not listed!!!!!

Who can forget and overlook Jill the dwarf from Silver Shadows!

Now he had balls of granite.

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Haman
Seeker

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2006 :  21:30:34  Show Profile  Visit Haman's Homepage Send Haman a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo for me....

Arilyn: "Do you know the spell for invisibility?"
Danilo: "No, but if you hum a few bars, I can fake it..."

Some people say we gamers have no lives....I think we have too many.
Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  02:44:53  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delzounblood

Now he had balls of granite.

Possibly I'm just very tired, but that had me in stitches.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2006 :  09:30:06  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Dart Ambermoon
Learned Scribe

Germany
253 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  01:11:03  Show Profile  Visit Dart Ambermoon's Homepage Send Dart Ambermoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Danilo...the one true heir of Giogi Wyvernspur in sheer hilariousness.

BUT...to agree with Delzounblood, if there were an award for supporting role, it would go to Jill all the way.

~ In Finder I trust, for danger I lust ~
Go to Top of Page

Delzounblood
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
578 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2006 :  10:06:59  Show Profile Send Delzounblood a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dart Ambermoon

Danilo...the one true heir of Giogi Wyvernspur in sheer hilariousness.

BUT...to agree with Delzounblood, if there were an award for supporting role, it would go to Jill all the way.

Never under-estimate the little guy!

I'm Back!
Go to Top of Page

Aglaranna
Learned Scribe

166 Posts

Posted - 01 Nov 2006 :  23:19:41  Show Profile  Visit Aglaranna's Homepage Send Aglaranna a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, now this is an interesting debate to watch! Elaine is way up there on my list of giants...Er, so to speak. Well, I chose Tzigone, as she and I MUST be long lost sisters! But imagine her working with Danilo...It would almost be scary...

"You can choose a ready guide
In some celestial voice
If you choose not to decide
You still have made a choice

You can choose from phantom fears
And kindness that can kill
I will choose the path that's clear
I will choose freewill." -'Freewill' by Rush
Go to Top of Page

MaskedOne
Acolyte

42 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2006 :  17:09:10  Show Profile Send MaskedOne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Trizgone, probably. If Elaine can be credited with most of the work for Zalathorm then I'd pick him over anyone currently listed but otherwise Trizgone.
Go to Top of Page

Twilight
Seeker

Canada
68 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2006 :  07:11:54  Show Profile  Visit Twilight's Homepage Send Twilight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith No question about it
Go to Top of Page

Enialus Meliamne
Acolyte

Portugal
43 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2007 :  10:09:20  Show Profile  Visit Enialus Meliamne's Homepage Send Enialus Meliamne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chosen of Lathander

Who do you think the Elaine Cunninghams best character is?
(sorry if there are some grammar mistakes

I'mm partial to Fyodor on this one, because of his berserker-ness or something...Seriously, I like him a ton and he's my favorite character by Elaine, with Liriel a close second...go figure.

Unashamed RAS fan.

Unashamed fan of THE Drow Elf Ranger.

Reader of any author in FR who entertains or weaves a good yarn.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  09:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What was the question ?
What is your preferred hero ? or what is the best character personality developped by Elaine ?

My preferred hero is Matteo. I dreamt for a so long time about a hero who would act without magic !

The best work about personality, according to me is... may be Liriel

But I do not know Ebenezer Stonemile nor Bronwyn

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  10:36:23  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fillow

What was the question ?
What is your preferred hero ? or what is the best character personality developped by Elaine ?

My preferred hero is Matteo. I dreamt for a so long time about a hero who would act without magic !

The last two characters are from the novel Thornehold, the last book (I think) of the Harper series. A good book.
Go to Top of Page

Fillow
Master of Realmslore

France
1608 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  10:59:22  Show Profile  Visit Fillow's Homepage Send Fillow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jorkens

quote:

What was the question ?

The last two characters are from the novel Thornehold, the last book (I think) of the Harper series. A good book.

In the French version, it's written this last novel was entitled "The Dream Spheres" (1999). Is it the same novel ? The cover is the same as Thornehold

Indeed in "Le prix des rźves" (which would be "The Price of Dreams"), we can read about Bronwyn Carradoon and the dwarf Ebenezer

"Today is a good day to smile",
Fillow Big'n'Book Mahlemiut 'Lead-dog', Son of Garl, Wanderer of the Masked Leaf and Namer of Oghma.

- Fight in the arena and have fun ! :
La brute.com
- Feel free to take part to these projects : Post-Spellplague bibliography ; 4E index project ; Taverns and inns of the Realms ; Dogs of the Realms ; Descriptions of places in the novels ; forums, RPG, FR Abbreviations and Acronyms
- Come and have a look at the already asked questions from the Forgotten Realms Trivia Challenge

I am a French FR fan, so please forgive my lapses in English language and do not hesitate to correct me. Thanks a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2007 :  11:07:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thornhold and The Dream Spheres are separate novels. Bronwyn and Ebenezer were in Thornhold, which was indeed the last of the Harpers series.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

eldritchknight
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2007 :  04:12:40  Show Profile  Visit eldritchknight's Homepage Send eldritchknight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And I vote for Elaith.
Go to Top of Page

Skeptic
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1273 Posts

Posted - 28 May 2007 :  04:20:19  Show Profile Send Skeptic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

In the French version, it's written this last novel was entitled "The Dream Spheres" (1999). Is it the same novel ? The cover is the same as Thornehold

Indeed in "Le prix des rźves" (which would be "The Price of Dreams"), we can read about Bronwyn Carradoon and the dwarf Ebenezer

Be carefull, because the French books series "Fleuve noir" is horrible, it does not translate the story, but shorten and simplify it a lot. In fact, I think the authors, if they knew French, would be ashamed their names are written on those books.

Edited by - Skeptic on 28 May 2007 04:21:04
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2007 :  19:20:03  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith, Danilio, and Arilyn...

'Everyone dies...I only choose the time and place for a few.' --Eric Destler
Go to Top of Page

Akeri Rualuavain
Seeker

Canada
99 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2007 :  23:55:34  Show Profile  Visit Akeri Rualuavain's Homepage Send Akeri Rualuavain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think I like all her character. Elaith, Danilo, Arilyn, Matteo, Tzigone and Liriel. I Can't chose between them and have a faovrit. They are all great and so different. They all are the best of ther cathegorie.

Sorry for my bad English, I'm french born

The courage to follow our dreams is the first step to achieve our destiny

The tale of Eric and the Dread Gazebo
http://www.netfunny.com/rhf/jokes/98/Jul/gazebo.html

Edited by - Akeri Rualuavain on 04 Dec 2007 23:55:57
Go to Top of Page

yanic
Acolyte

Jamaica
8 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  20:09:54  Show Profile  Visit yanic's Homepage Send yanic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I prefer Danilio as he made wizards cool and not lame and kept Arilyn on her toes :)

art is life and life is art
Go to Top of Page

Nimriel
Seeker

Sweden
51 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2007 :  21:37:30  Show Profile  Visit Nimriel's Homepage Send Nimriel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Elaith or Danilo or Liriel, can't decide they're all great. Oh, I like the dwarwen bard from Elfsong to. But poor me havn't gotten hold of C&K and Thornhold yet.

Edited by - Nimriel on 06 Dec 2007 21:43:34
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000