Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Creative dress up with the Sage
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2005 :  14:36:55  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Every now and then, my gaming group and I decide to forego our regularly scheduled game sessions in favor of "dress-up" sessions. It's something we like to do in order to expand upon the traditional elements of roleplaying -- but it's not LARPing by any means.

These normally revolve around one central theme for an evening -- whether it be Realms characters, strange creatures from PS, or the latest Rowling creation in the Harry Potter books. The point of the exercise is for each member of the group to go out on the town for a few hours looking for items and clothing that can help that member become "something" from the theme we've agreed on for the evening.

Just lately they have been becoming more frequent... for instance, it's Saturday night here in Perth, and our usual SWRPG game has been put on hold so that each of us can attempt to "make ourselves" over in theme we have selected for this session -- that being STAR WARS. I chose the easiest concept... that of a Sith character.

See the first result for yourself:- The TRUE Lord of the Sith

Over the coming weeks I'm going to be showing more results here (like how the Lady K makes a wonderful Jedi) -- and while it may not have anything to do with the Realms in the first example, I can assure readers (and Big Al) that the group has planned to tackle certain FR characters within the next few weeks.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
730 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2005 :  17:45:20  Show Profile Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's really hilarius, I am thinking about doing the same soon, could be interesting...

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Misericordia
Seeker

Italy
66 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2005 :  19:56:41  Show Profile  Visit Misericordia's Homepage Send Misericordia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's a GREAT idea!!!

Omnia sunt communia.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 04 Sep 2005 :  07:23:08  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Hmmpf. Those Candlekeep hessian robes not good enough for thee, Sage?

Ouch! What was that? I think i've been bitten! Blasted fleas!

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: