Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Adventuring
 Heroics
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  18:24:13  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Throughout the vaults of this great archive are several places where you can read about the stupid things characters do and i thought it would be a cool addition to make a tome where people could add the heroic deeds and possible endings of characters.

"When dragons make war, worlds can only tremble in the shadow of angry wings"

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 27 Jul 2005 :  18:30:57  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I had a character, a ranger who in the final battle of his life sacrifised his life to save the rest of the party. The party of 4 had engaged a black dragon and where on the brink of destruction. The ranger in mention had prior to the battle acquired a ring with the ability to teleport him away. But as the battle neared its tragic end to the characters and he easily could have teleported away he stayed. He told med afterwards when i asked him why he had not used his ring that he knew that if he left, the others would die. He took a detructive critical hit that ripped him appart, but saved the others as they had time to get some quick (and lucky) critical hits on the dragon and force it to flee the battleground. If he hadnt sacrificed his life then one of the others would have certainly died and perhaps also the others... A true heroic ending.

Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2005 :  05:11:57  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My rogue/wizard/arcane trickster, Al Kadar Kha' Raist, grew up in the Black Jungle, where slavery was a part of everyday life. He eventually made his way to Tashluta and began working as a guard for the Rundeem Consortium. While on a mission for the Rundeem, he encountered a yougn girl and her mother who had been sold into slavery. He was so moved by this scared yet defiant young girl, he bought her and her mother and freed them. He began to fight against the slave trade, but was eventually forced to flee because hte price on his head had become so great. In time, he made his way to Waterdeep, where he works for an adventuring company called the "Company of the Shining Hammer." He now works to protect Waterdeep and the surrounding area, protecting those who are incapable of protecting themselves.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2005 :  17:00:42  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A true hero indeed. That is what i was looking for when i posted the Topic. Heroic deeds to show that there are ither memorable moments than stupid deaths or funny happenings... Thank you Xysma.

Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2005 :  17:54:56  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It is late, and I am exhausted from a long day in the library. But as the memories invade, I don't think I can sleep unless I put them to paper.
Some decade or so ago, I was in a very close knit party of 5 adventurers. When one of us was kidnapped, for the purposes of opening up a permanent gate to the abyss, we had to act. As the most effective fighter in our group it was my honour and duty to take the lead in this combat. I removed all of my armor to better sneak, and had the wizard cast a spell of invisibility on me.
Sneaking in to the room as quietly as possible I managed to slay the assassin and the wizard standing next to him before the rest of the evil doers were able to react. Charging the two plate mailed guard standing by the demon, I drew the attention of the cleric of Moander, and the other wizard. Hammered by spells and fettered by enchantments I smashed my way through the two men guarding the demon.
Behind me the rest of my friends rushed into the chamber and up to the altar. The cleric of Moander slew our light hearted rogue before being struck down by our Cleric of Lathander. I cry even now at his loss and even more do I weep for the wretched condition of our dear ranger.
Disregarding my wounds and the two dying fighters behind me I engaged the demon. His laughter and arrogance angered me, and I struck him a fierce blow. When my sword shattered in my hand I knew we were in great danger. The sight of a great maul descending is the last I remember from my mortal eyes.
My soul was snagged by the demon as I headed towards my god. In horror I watched as the demon threw spells and summoned twisted allies from the abyss and sent them after my friends. I cried out in joy when the mage teleported herself and our abused ranger to safety.
But my joy was short lived as the demon relentlessly assaulted my companions. In the end, only the cleric of Lathander stood, he called to his god and was taken safely away. My other companions and I well... we spent some amount of time in the clutches of the demon before being rescued by a wandering Wizard who was thought it would be fun to release us. To think my release was won because a man thought to tweak the nose of a demon.
Now I spend my time as a scribe in the Leaves of Learning. I was asked to pen some of my experiences for my fellow scribes. Bringing up the old memories, our heroic deeds...our tragic end. I hope my tears do not offend them.

Run faster! The Kobolds are catching up!
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2005 :  11:16:08  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good to hear that there are more heroics left untold out there and that a few are willing to share them. I was beginning to worry that there where no real RPG heroes left out there. Please prove me wrong.

Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 09 Aug 2005 :  23:06:47  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I still remember the day in my youth that started me on this life of an adventurer. I can still feel the cold winter wind as I walked into the tavern door, the sound of laughter and good natured cat calls. The smell of good cooking, decent ale and pipe smoke filled my nostrils. Across the room standing by the roaring fireplace with one leg up on a chair, stood the object of the laughter and calls.
A tall burn scarred adventurer, his huge axe resting by the chair. Puffing his pipe and blowing a puff of smoke that settled into the shape of a flying dragon, someone in the place gulped out in fear the name of the dread dragon. “Klauth!”
Pointing the stem of his pipe at a couple of the more belligerent cat callers, he said, “That be correct, I was one of the lucky few who survived ridding our world of that dread great wyrm.”

Pulling up a stool I gestured for an ale and sat down to listen as a hush fell over the tavern.

He began his story in the awed silence of the tavern patrons with another puff of his pipe. The smoke again expanded, this time to detail his traveling companions. In a deep penetrating voice filled with a sense of adventure and strong emotion swept up the crowd in his tale. “These were my boon companions. Twelve of us began our quest to rid the countryside of this ancient and seemingly unstoppable foe. We traveled for five years collecting the greatest adventurers, and dragon slayers brave enough to take on this terrible foe.”

Some three hours later, with tears of grief at the loss of such great heroes and filled thrice over with the joy and relief that Klauth was dead.

As the tale came to a close, we could feel his companions with us, listening to him remember them, having us remembering them and their great deeds. Tapping out his pipe and wiping his eyes, the great mage and storyteller said in a quiet voice, "I think I'm off to sleep. May you all rest well, and remember those who have had the courage to take on our most feared foes, and vanquish them."
The only sound as he walked out of the tavern and disappeared into the late night mists of the city of splendors was the sound of weeping patrons.

Go to Top of Page

Sariss Eldariss
Acolyte

Lesotho
11 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2005 :  20:07:27  Show Profile  Visit Sariss Eldariss's Homepage Send Sariss Eldariss a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As I sit here in my study, surrounded by the wealth of my adventureing career, I think back to the days when our party was ... more complete. As one hears about how "easy" it must be to gather wealth as an adventurer, it disheartens me as those who speak those words know little of the true "cost" of the life of the road. But I digress.

We had an assasin in our party, he was a coward, always looking out for himself and no one else. One day a Half Celestial - elf joined our party and the two of them hit it off imediately, I know it sound silly, a rogue and a child of the heavens. Their love for each other was only overshadowed by their misfortune. One day an old enemy of the Assasin came back to settle his accounts, being a priest of bane the man chose a terrible way to exact his revenge, he killed the elf, after his men had their way with her. When we found her she called for her lover and exacted a promise from him, whispering so only he could hear. I will never forget his scream as the light left her eyes. Needless to say after burying our comrade we went out in search of this Priest of Bane. After a Long and vicious fight we had the man at our mercy. The Assasin stepped forward looked the man in the eye and ... let him go saying "In the past I had wronged you, you have had your vengeance, now it is over." With a Stoic mask on his face our Assasin simply walked away. To stunned to do anything we went after our party member leaving a rather bewildered and wounded (I am not as merciful as some) enemy behind us.
Later that evening the Assasin explained to us why he let the man go "... She told me that she had paid the price for my past transgresions, and that I should live my life without hate or anger ... she made me swear not to seek vengence to never again become the man I was... what else could I do."

He Changed his ways and is now known as Father Greyhelm a kindly and courageous priest of torm. Many who hear my tale think that the hero is Greyhelm, it is not. The true hero is, for me anyway, is the elven lass. Whilst lying there on the ground dying, all she could think of was the wellbeing of her lovers soul, trying with her dying breath to make him a better man. It may sound silly to some, but to me this is one of the most heroic acts I have ever witnessed...as well as the most tragic.

Edited by - Sariss Eldariss on 25 Aug 2005 20:09:24
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2005 :  14:00:17  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My favorite character of all time is Sir Barun Tesper, the scion of the Waterdhavian noble house. I have played him for over ten years now, in a campaign running since we were sixteen. We have had many memorable moments, some of them light-hearted and triumphant, most of them tragic and gloomy. Our adventuring group is called 'Heroes of the North' (named so by my first character, a naive young bard, Wilfred Rollingshoulder, who was slain years ago by the Unseen).

If you wish to read about the adventure in which this tragic sacrifice happened, please seek the scroll called 'Dungeon #126: Blood of Malar' and read about the Cult of the Yellow Owl.

So, deep within the Ardeep forest, Heroes of the North found a deep meteor crater, where they slew the Yellow Owl (a roc) and its elven werewolf followers. Eventually we stumbled into the corridors that led into an empty dragon's lair. No sight of a green Great Wyrm, or its treasure. We were about to turn around, as the realization came slowly - we had walked into a trap. A dead end. And that is when the dragon breathed into the cavern.

All of the characters were in bad shape, and strangely none of the others seemed to realize, that the dragon would breath again soon. Everyone was tending to their wounds with spells and potions. Our wizard - the only person able to teleport - was hovering on Death's Door. So I yelled at them: "Are you mad? Yon wyrm's about to slay us here with its breath, we don't have time to tend our wounds! We must charge to battle!".

None of them heeded my words, instead replying something like: "Calm down, Barun, we have to heal ourselves."

Since I still had a 'Fly'-spell on me, I flew from the cavern, along the twisting passage that it had sent its deadly breath through. I memerged into another cavern, and rose higher into the air to meet the rearing Wyrm. I lifted my glowing greatsword, and looked at my armored form, all a-glow and shining from the many spells that our wizard had cast on me. I was down to 30 hit points, and knew that I couldn't take another breath, yet I boldly charged through the air yelling the ancient warcry of the Tesper family: "Glory to Tespers!"

I was praying for a critical hit at the dragon. After two rounds of furious melee, I was barely alive... the wyrm was barely wounded, and our DM announced that the dragon was about to breathe. If I fled, it'd probably breath again into the cavern where the rest of our group was still trying to heal themselves, and bring our wizard back to life. I had no choice. I flew at the dragon's eyes, once again bellowing the warcry of my proud family, causing the wyrm to bleed from three more wounds.

Then, the world turned into a cloud of acid, and I fell from the heights, down into the cavern floor, like a dying star... all spellglow, and my life, fading from me. My friends arrived a round later, fully healed, and slew the drgaon. But the DM said that unless one of us had sacrified himself, all of the Heroes of the North would have perished that day.

My body was brought to Waterdeep, and paraded through the streets on a strecher made of shields. Our paladin, and a High Watcher of Helm, Sir Najar Yubus, walked in front of the procession, calling out: "Make way! Make way! A hero of the city has fallen!". Guards, merchants and commoners alike took off their hats and helmets, bowing their head in respect as my shattered and burnt body was making its final journey to the Hall of Heroes - the temple to Tempus. That was a solemn occassion, although some months later, our group managed to bring me back with a wish...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2005 :  20:24:57  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the acts of a true heroic character... Beautiful story and a beautiful sacrifice. An ending worthy of a hero

Go to Top of Page

Bakra
Senior Scribe

628 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  18:05:03  Show Profile Send Bakra a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back in 2nd edition I had an elemental mage that resided a few hours outside of Waterdeep. Being an orphan from Westgate this young fellow would spend his weekends at an orphanage (The DM designed on just so the mage could do this act of charity.). He did minor repairs, would teach classes for reading & writing plus some basic math skills. The other party members, all being mages themselves, always wondered where his money went and why he would lag behind in magical research into spells and items. I went to great lengths using magic and mundane skills to make sure no one ever found out what he was doing with his ‘research time’. Not exactly heroic but noble.

I hope Candlekeep continues to be the friendly forum of fellow Realms-lovers that it has always been, as we all go through this together. If you don’t want to move to the “new” Realms, that doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with either you or the “old” Realms. Goodness knows Candlekeep, and the hearts of its scribes, are both big enough to accommodate both. If we want them to be.
(Strikes dramatic pose, raises sword to gleam in the sunset, and hopes breeches won’t fall down.)
Enough for now. The Realms lives! I have spoken! Ale and light wines half price, served by a smiling Storm Silverhand fetchingly clad in thigh-high boots and naught else! Ahem . .
So saith Ed. <snip>
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

Dhomal
Senior Scribe

USA
565 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2005 :  19:09:42  Show Profile Send Dhomal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello-

IT was a LONG time ago - and possibly my first time as a player in the FR.

I was playing either a ranger or a fighter - but I'm inclined to think ranger.

We were Just starting out - I was probably only 1st level - but possibly as high as 3rd.

The party was signed on to help guard a caravan headed for Daggerford (or was it from Daggerford...)

Anyway - I was on watch - as were a couple of NPCs - all of us spread out around the caravan circle. I noticed a horse wandering around outside of the camp - slowly meandering towards the caravan. Thinking that it might have gotten loose - or possibly that it was wild - and that I could actually get a mount - I went out to check on it and bring it back in.

Bad Move.

It was not until I was pretty close (* read - Too close *) that I noticed the reddish gleam in its eyes, and the light puffs of smoke coming from its nose.

Yup - it was a Nightmare. Realizing that I was in trouble - and the 'horse' started to get angry - snorting and making a motion as if to rear up - I drew my longsword.

We rolled Initiative.

Ironically - we got the same roll - so (under that version of our house rules - both parties got their actions - and were truly considered simultaneous) we both attacked.

The 'horse' reared up and clobbered me with two hooves, reducing me to somewhere in the vicinity of -5 HPs. (Back when -10 was dead)

Naturally - I sreamed out - which was enough to alert the other guards - and soon thereafter - my comrades.

My attack was a natural 20 - and again - with a house rule - I managed to get 2x or maybe even 3x damage to it - a great sweeping slash across its underside around the front legs - and a little towards its front - below the neck. However - it was not enough to kill it - nope - not quite - However - it did take enough damage that it retreated to whatever other plane that Nightmares can travel to.

When my comrades found my unconscious body - bleeding to death (internal from the massive clobbering I had taken at 2 hoof attacks) - and still clucthing my bloody sword - they did not know what to make of it.

Once I came to - I told the story of the 'Demon-Steed' (as I termed it from an in-game point of view - not knowing what a Nightmare was) that had attacked me - and the severe blow that I know I had struck to it. Hoof prints around the site where I was found confirmed that part of the story, and We went forward.

However - my character - (and this is why I remember him being a ranger) - began his hunt for the 'Demon Steed' - searching all over for clues - and talking to people. As it turns out - it looks like it may have been from Dragonspear Castle, and had been in the area for a while causing trouble. Eventually I did learn that it was called a Nightmare, though I continued to refer to it as the 'Demon Steed'.

More than a few adventures later - we ran into the Nightmare - this time bearing an undead rider. The Nightmare still bore a huge scar from its first encounter with me. We were able to defeat the pair (strange how I was more interested in defeating the 'Demon Steed' than the undead rider...)

After defeating them - I spent a large sum of money preserving the head of the 'Demon Steed' - attaching it to a plaque and hanging it up at our 'home base' inn/tavern in Daggerford. I even spent some coin to get an illusionist to cast an illusion of red glowing eyes and smoke wisps coming from the nose....

I was - for a time - quite the local hero for defeating the horse and ending its (and its rider's) depradations on the folk of the area.

Ah - the memories.

Funny thing is - Since then (like 15 years ago or more) I have included that very plaque in a couple of my own games for my players to see. It warms my heart whenever a group I'm running is headed through Daggerford - and stops by the local inn/tavern. :)

Dhomal

I am collecting the D&D Minis. I would be more than willing to trade with people. You can send me a PM here with your email listed - and I can send you my minis list. Thanks!

Successfully traded with Xysma!
Go to Top of Page

Trinkett
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2005 :  23:02:41  Show Profile  Visit Trinkett's Homepage Send Trinkett a Private Message  Reply with Quote
One of My Characters was a Chaotic Evil Necromancer, who (after much persuasion from a paladin) decided to change his ways, give up necromancy and become a crusader for goodness, the only problem being that Necromancy was all he was actually good at. He did some good work, but his evil streak always seemed to show (eg, freeing slaves and brutally torturing the slavers for fun). Anyway, eventually he began travelling with an Assasin, and the pair got wind of a Demon (Original monster, the DM had a thing for test-driving monsters on us...) who'd captured a famous Paladin and they decided to work on freeing him. after fighting their way to the darkest corner of the Demons dungeons, they finally found him just as he prepared to kill his prisoner.
Well, My Necomancer, seeing this as his chance to truly change his ways, rushed forward to engage the demon, which promptly faded into the shadows and began to attack him from behind.
The Assasin ran forward to free the Paladin as My Necromancer continued to fight blindly, taking a few chunks out of the Demon while it took a lot of chunks out of him. Until finally the Paladin stepped forward to take on the Demon while instructing my character to help the Assasin battle it's minions.
About half of the minions were dispatched of when the Demon nocked the Paladin to the floor, and my character rushed up behind it to jump up onto its back to drive his short sword into it. The demon reached behind it to grab my characters shoulder and drove one claw deep into his back. My character fell back onto the floor and the DM informed me that I could feel the claw leeching the life out of me, but my attack gave the Paladin a chance to continue fighting the Demon.
I spent the next two turns trying to pull the claw out and splashing it with holy water, when my HP dropped to critical levels and I decided it was time to do the whole go down fighting thing.
What followed was an Extremely lucky miss from the Demon, and a Critical which came at just the right moment for my Necromancer, so he had just enough time to cleave the Demon in two, before smiling, dropping his sword, and falling to the floor.

The Character did not die here, instead the DM had the paladin save his life, but leave him with a curse which meant he had to drain the life out of a living creature every three days in order to survive. As it turned out, my Necromancer never quite succeeded in becoming good, and became a wanderer, still searching for a cure to his curse.
Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  00:19:21  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Trinkett
<snip!>
The Character did not die here, instead the DM had the paladin save his life, but leave him with a curse which meant he had to drain the life out of a living creature every three days in order to survive. As it turned out, my Necromancer never quite succeeded in becoming good, and became a wanderer, still searching for a cure to his curse.

That paladin should have been fired for letting an evil necromancer get a messed up curse like that. you don't try to reform someone by leaving them with that kind of a curse! Pad Paladin! Bad! Bad! Bad!

Go to Top of Page

Trinkett
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  11:59:16  Show Profile  Visit Trinkett's Homepage Send Trinkett a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fletcher

That paladin should have been fired for letting an evil necromancer get a messed up curse like that. you don't try to reform someone by leaving them with that kind of a curse! Pad Paladin! Bad! Bad! Bad!

I had a bit of a debate over this with my Dungeon Master, but he defended the paladin by saying that the other option was to let my character die and the Paladin had made a choice. I still thought it was pretty evil though, and my Necromancer suffered great mental anguish from it.
Go to Top of Page

Pardan
Acolyte

31 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2005 :  13:24:47  Show Profile  Visit Pardan's Homepage Send Pardan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Under normal circumstances, the paladin should have been expected to let the necromancer die instead of letting him live with a curse that would only provoke more evil acts in the future.

Do not knock on Death's door - ring the bell twice and run away.
He hates that.
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2006 :  18:51:44  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That is true, but that depends on the mindset of the paladin... Because remember that there are several levels to consider when determining which way is the right way. Do you think globaly or localy... Sounds like this paladin thought localy. But acted none the less in the name of good as he saved a life...

Go to Top of Page

Trinkett
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 02 Jan 2006 :  23:21:06  Show Profile  Visit Trinkett's Homepage Send Trinkett a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's an interesting question to be honest, I mean, If you were that paladin even if you knew that saving the Necromancer would have bad consequences in the long run, would you be able to ignore your emotions and let the man who just saved your life die?

The real reason for his decision was of course that my DM is a sadistic megalomaniac who likes to see me suffer. Git.
Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  16:24:03  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A reason as good as any... But a true paladin would probably save the necroomancer and then try to keep him on the path of law and order. Thus saving the situation both localy and globaly.

Even if his DM is a sadistic megalomaniac.

Go to Top of Page

Fletcher
Learned Scribe

USA
299 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  19:15:52  Show Profile  Visit Fletcher's Homepage Send Fletcher a Private Message  Reply with Quote
In our campaign over the Christmas break, I was playing the party's Eldritch Knight.
We had just learned that there was a seal in place at the bottom of the bay that kept the sahuagin and other sea monsters out. We had been tracking a group of very powerful villains (6 of them 8th-9th level) who we knew intended to destroy the seal. The reasons are long and complex and suffice to say that this was one of many steps in a much larger evil plan by the cult of the dragon.
Any hoo...
We had made it to a small fishing village ahead of the villains and had convinced the townspeople that there was danger coming. We had gone to sleep for the night, had our watch set, yet we were awakened by the sound of multiple fireballs. (Kobolds using individual beads from a necklace of fireballs)
I watched as the villains distracted the rest of the PC's by summoned creatures, and disappeared into the surf. Except for the ranger and his human-nerfing bow. (I want to shoot my GM for creating an elven ranger whose favored enemy is humans and who had a human bane bow. OUCH!! )
Knowing I had no chance to actually defeat them, but knowing I had to stop them, I flung myself at them hoping to delay them long enough for my comrades to save me.
I managed to delay them for 8 rounds before succumbing to the onslaught.
The rest of the PC's were able to save the majority of the citizens of the fishing village that the creatures were attacking, but they were unable to reach the villains before they had slain the Eldritch knight and vanished beneath the water. While trying to find a way to reach the villains before they reached the seal, the PC's were driven off by a summoned Fiendish Dire Tiger.
Sadly the seal was broken.

Notes to the public: An eldritch knight is no match for a Blackguard and a cleric of Bane in melee.
If you are going to fight underwater, make sure that the bad guys don’t have freedom of action, and you do.

Go to Top of Page

Faramicos
Senior Scribe

Denmark
468 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  19:52:41  Show Profile  Visit Faramicos's Homepage Send Faramicos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a worthy end to a brave character. Exactly the kind of endings i am looking for. Hail the brave heroes of RPG...

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000