Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Realms Events
 Current/Recent Wars
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Paj
Seeker

United Kingdom
56 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2006 :  15:47:49  Show Profile  Visit Paj's Homepage Send Paj a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Check the local bookstores for the novel Evermeet: Island of Elves by Elaine Cunningham, the book details the war of Evermeet, two-three years before the war of Evereska.

Like Shadovar said, see the Novel for more details but basically:

A large force of Thayan Red Wizards, Human mercenaries and pirates along with Gold Elves from another planet attack Evermeet at several places at once. The Elves and the Fey creatures on Evermeet rally to fight off the intruders

Theres also the Stinger War occuring between Amn, allied with the Sothillisian/Sythillisian Empire versus a colony of Stingers from Maztica.

And, there was all the minor wars/conflicts that the Bhaalspawn caused. Saradush was besieged by an army of Fire Giants led by one of the 'Five'.

Also, theres still (afaik) fighting going on in Dambrath between Gareths army and the Horde that attacked during the Year of Rogue Dragons. The Rite states that there was many months of campaigning left before the Pass was retaken and Dambrath secure.

Edited by - Paj on 02 May 2006 15:53:18
Go to Top of Page

Octa
Learned Scribe

USA
138 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2006 :  18:31:23  Show Profile  Visit Octa's Homepage Send Octa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, has anyone compiled the exact dates for these battles? Specifically the ones I don't have are in the Death of the Dragons series (books in box in mom's basement). I'll try and post some of the ones where I do have the books.
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2006 :  18:46:24  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Octa

Hey, has anyone compiled the exact dates for these battles? Specifically the ones I don't have are in the Death of the Dragons series (books in box in mom's basement). I'll try and post some of the ones where I do have the books.

look for the Realms timeline A Grand History of the Realms in Candlekeep for most of the dates you are looking for

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2006 :  20:19:06  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

quote:

look for the Realms timeline A Grand History of the Realms in Candlekeep for most of the dates you are looking for

A Grand History of the Realms.

Ed gave a specific date for Azoun IV's death, in his thread.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2006 :  01:19:37  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by kalin agrivar

quote:

A Grand History of the Realms.

Ed gave a specific date for Azoun IV's death, in his thread.

In his '05 replies -- Death:- Mirtul 11th 1371 DR with the funeral on Kythorn 11th, a month later.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Ateth Istarlin
Seeker

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  15:38:35  Show Profile Send Ateth Istarlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What about the invasion of Unther by Mulhorand?
I know it started in 1372, but is there any more information?

The more I read about 4FR, the more depressed I am.
Politician - An elected official who tries to be all things to all people, while always looking out for his/her own interests first.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  15:49:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The FRCS, Unapproachable East, and Dragons of Faerun cover the invasion of Unther.

Go to Top of Page

Kajehase
Great Reader

Sweden
2104 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2006 :  15:58:43  Show Profile Send Kajehase a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As well as Power of Faerûn.

There is a rumour going around that I have found god. I think is unlikely because I have enough difficulty finding my keys, and there is empirical evidence that they exist.
Terry Pratchett

Edited by - Kajehase on 27 Sep 2006 15:58:59
Go to Top of Page

Ateth Istarlin
Seeker

United Kingdom
80 Posts

Posted - 28 Sep 2006 :  14:58:25  Show Profile Send Ateth Istarlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks
I've now got all but UE. I was kind of hoping for some more indepth details 'tho.
Also, why have Selune's aasimars attacked Mulhorand forces without at least seeking a truce to find the reasons behind the invasion? As things stand they are just helping the various evil groups to consolidate their positions & take control of Unther!

The more I read about 4FR, the more depressed I am.
Politician - An elected official who tries to be all things to all people, while always looking out for his/her own interests first.
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  01:37:48  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm working with a NWN2 persistent world project that will be set in Amn beginning in the early winter of 1370, and we think it will be a very exciting place to adventure.

An earlier poster corrected some of the early misinformation in the thread about the war in Amn. Central Amn has been conquered by an army of monster races (ogre mages, ogres, Underdark hobogblin tribes, goblins, kobolds, amd hill giants) under the leadership of the ogre mage Sythillis and his mate Cyrvisnea. The Cyricist temple the Twin Towers of the Eternal Eclipse has joined forces with Sythillisian Empire, and together they occupy Esmeltaran. The Sythillisian Empire extends from the Lake Esmel region, through the Small Teeth mountains all the way to Murann. Land of Intrigue feature a map of the political divisions created by the war. Amnian forces stationed at Lake Esmel's Scrimitar battle the Sythillisian Empire at a siege line drawn at the Splendarrllur River. The Cyricist temple in the Cloud Peaks, the Mountain of Skulls, a rival temple of the Twin Towers of the Eternal Eclipse in the Small Teeth, has allied with Amnian forces. The Nelanther Pirates are allied with Sythillians in Murann.

It is all left in a very exciting and precarious place, and that is where we'll begin our own tale.

Power of Faerun (p. 43) has some updated material, but I have no idea if it is considered official at this point. It is rather disappointing for our purposes, so we will not be using it. There seems to be some mistakes in that material, eg, it confuses Dark Embrace, a temple of Shar, with the Cyricist Mountain of Skulls temple far to the north. Sythillis is mispelled as Sothillis. Anyway, we think we have a much more satisfying tale in the works.

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  01:43:10  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lemernis

Sythillis is mispelled as Sothillis. Anyway, we think we have a much more satisfying tale in the works.

This isn't a mistake. WOTC decided to change the name because the original sounded to much like a sexual disease. :) No, I'm not kidding.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  09:39:02  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

Sythillis is mispelled as Sothillis. Anyway, we think we have a much more satisfying tale in the works.

This isn't a mistake. WOTC decided to change the name because the original sounded to much like a sexual disease. :) No, I'm not kidding.

Gods above - what RPG designers have to worry about.... tstststs!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 29 Sep 2006 09:39:46
Go to Top of Page

Kalin Agrivar
Senior Scribe

Canada
956 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  13:48:36  Show Profile  Visit Kalin Agrivar's Homepage Send Kalin Agrivar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
and "Sothillis" is any worse than ??

Kalin Xorell El'Agrivar

- High Mage of the Arcane Assembly
- Lore Keeper of the Vault of Ancestors
- 3rd Son of the Lord of the Stand
Go to Top of Page

KnightErrantJR
Great Reader

USA
5402 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  13:56:22  Show Profile  Visit KnightErrantJR's Homepage Send KnightErrantJR a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank goodness they decided against including the sage Herpetes in Chessenta . . . ::ducks flying books thrown at him::
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  14:06:42  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Power of Faerun (p. 43) has some updated material, but I have no idea if it is considered official at this point.

Why wouldn't it be? It is official.

quote:
It is rather disappointing for our purposes, so we will not be using it.

Whatever works for your campaign.

One of my motivations here was to come up with a reason to justify a 4 year stalemate. By my reading, the situation in LoI was NOT stable, and yet the FRCS had not updated it as of 1372 DR and I was writing a book for 1374 DR. Therefore, in the official stuff at least, we needed an explanation as to why the situation was roughly the same 4 years later.

quote:
There seems to be some mistakes in that material, eg, it confuses Dark Embrace, a temple of Shar, with the Cyricist Mountain of Skulls temple far to the north.

Good catch. I meant the Mountain of Skulls. Not sure how I got those two swapped in my head. (And I'm really not sure how I snuck that mistake past George. ;-) )

quote:
Sythillis is mispelled as Sothillis.

This was a deliberate choice on the part of WoTC. I have speculated as to why I think they did it, but never had any official confirmation.

quote:
Anyway, we think we have a much more satisfying tale in the works.

As long as you're having fun.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 29 Sep 2006 :  16:32:53  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Probably because I was struggling to reconcile the Twin Towers stuff with Paul's novels. That fix consumed far too much of my feeble powers.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Lemernis
Senior Scribe

378 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2006 :  01:01:09  Show Profile  Visit Lemernis's Homepage Send Lemernis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Eric, sorry if that came off like a slam at your creativity. (Kinda forgot the authors of source books hang around here, eep.) I hear you on the need to square things away for a 4 year lapse in canon for the region. That specific region must catch up to a greater surrounding world where so much else has already happened. So you are restricted in many ways, I realize.

And in our own way, a persistent world framework is limited in a large number of ways as well. Not the least of which, graphically. Owing to complexities of the NWN2 game engine, we may never be able to feature formians and stingers, for example. Certainly not any time soon (if ever at all).

But anyway, the stage is so beautifully set for an epic adventure at the end of Lands of Intrigue. As we've spent the last year brainstorming about what all could happen there we got very excited at all the story possibilites. It's in that spirit that I said what I said. (Which I think you clearly recognize but I just felt the need to say it anyway. :))
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 30 May 2007 :  13:05:32  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi paec_djinn,

is there any chance to reopen your topic? Are you still around this halls?

Its seems to me that your spoilers may have been solved - I really do hope you got the chance to read all the books since then

There are some discussions about current wars - for example gold dwarfs v.s. duergar but I would like the idea to come back to this "sticky" place...

Hope to hear from you

Greetings Mathus
(as we have learned from Darkmeer: former lich and now artifact )

Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2007 :  16:22:22  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Has anybody heard from the paec_djinn recently. Unfortunately there seems to be no mail address for contacting him.

I don’t know if there is a chance to reopen this topic – would it be within the Code of Conduct to copy the part about the wars into a new topic if the author wouldn’t walk within the halls anymore? Is there a time limit for such projects? Anybody else interested in the topic, so that there may be a petition to the great Head Moderator?
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2007 :  16:47:12  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Paec-djinn was last active here at Candlekeep on the 15th of January '07.

You're free to open a new scroll if you wish. However, I think it would be best to keep all the references in this particular scroll, as it's easier to search and it is currently a "sticky" scroll. And there wasn't a specific time-limit for this project, so you're free to continue adding to it...

Edited by - The Sage on 16 Jun 2007 16:48:17
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2007 :  11:15:05  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
This is the whack to start the interesting threat anew. I modified the post from paec_djinn with what I know (or think to know). The modifications I put in cursive. Any help with the date, the outcome, or with wars that are not mentioned is greatly appreciated.

1. Obould Many Arrows v.s Mithral Hall dwarves.
Mithril Hall (1370- DR)

Important Battles:
-Battle at Shallows
-Battle at and before Keeper's Dale

Has come to a standstill – Obould Many Arrows is establishing a realm.

2. Cult of the Dragon v.s Impiltur and Damara.
Impiltur (1373) Border of Vaasa and Damara (1373-)

Important Battles:
-Battle near Lyrabar
-Siege of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose

I don’t know more – any idea’s?

3. House Dlardrageth v.s Silver Marches and Elves of High Forest and Evereska.
High Forest and Evereska(1374) Myth Drannor (1374-)

Important Battles:
-Battle of the Lonely Moors.
-Battle in Myth Drannor

The elves are resettling Myth Drannor – it is indefinite if other wars may result from it, namely Zentil Keep, Hillsfar and Sembia may revive interests in Cormanthor.

4. Menzoberranzan/Ched Nassad v.s Jaezred Chaulssin.
Menzoberranzan (Date unknown) Ched Nassad (date unknown)

Important Battles:
-Slave Uprising in Menzoberranzan
-Duergar and Lesser Houses in Ched Nassad
-Duergar and Kaanyr Vhok's Attack on Menzoberranzan

The elves are resettling Myth Drannor – it is indefinite if other wars may result from it, namely Zentil Keep, Hillsfar and Sembia may revive interests in Cormanthor.

5. Phaerimm v.s Elves of Evereska v.s Shade Enclave
Evereska(1371-1372) Cormyr (1372)

Important Battles:
-Phaerimm siege of Evereska
-Shade attack on Tilverton

Conclusion: Shade Enclave returns above Anauroch, Tilverton is destroyed, and the phaerimm are defeated- their numbers greatly reduced.

6. Ghazneths, Nalavarauthatoryl and Minions v.s Kingdom of Cormyr
Cormyr (137? DR)

Cormyr survived barley – and is licking the wounds from the death of King Azuon and the sacrifice of Vangerdahast. It remains to be seen who will try to carve some part of this kingdom for himself.

7. War in Chondath which is slowly erupting
Chondath (137? DR)

Any infos?

8. War in Threat from the Sea trilogy
Sea of Fallen Stars (137?)

Important Battles:
Battle at Myth Nantar.

The threat ended with the destruction of Iakhovas after battles in Waterdeep, Baldur’s gate, Calimport and other ports.

9. Ogre Mages vs. Temple of Cyric
Southern Amn (1370 DR)

Any infos?

10. Manshoon Clones v.s Manshoon Clones (The Manshoon Wars)
Faerun (1370 DR)

Are these really wars or only skirmishes?

12. Reclamation Wars
Tethyr (13??-1369 DR)

13. Sembia & Hillsfar against Elves of Tangled Trees
Tangled Trees (1372 DR)

Conclusion: The war never actually got started though there were a few ambushes along the Rauthavyr Road. Larajin and her twin managed to convince both sides to stop the war.

Go to Top of Page

Kirano
Acolyte

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - 10 Aug 2007 :  21:22:14  Show Profile  Visit Kirano's Homepage Send Kirano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Matthus

2. Cult of the Dragon v.s Impiltur and Damara.
Impiltur (1373) Border of Vaasa and Damara (1373-)

Important Battles:
-Battle near Lyrabar
-Siege of the Monastery of the Yellow Rose

I don’t know more – any idea’s?

Through my intensive research on the recent events in Damara I've come up with some information on the Year of the Rogue Dragon related to this war.

**Timeline**
Mirtul
2: Sammaster raises an army of orcs and giants in Vaasa by pretending to be Zhengyi their former master. The army takes the Bloodstone gates and floods into Damara (The Rite)
3: Gareth Dragonsbane leads an army against the monstrous army but falls when wizards working for the cult of the Dragon betray him. Gareth’s soul is trapped on the shadow plane. (The Rite)

During the events of the Year of the Rogue Dragons (1373 DR) Gareth Dragonsbane's soul had been imprisoned in the Plane of Shadow due to the treachery of some wizards who had been corrupted and were in reality Sammaster's agents. His absence left Damara briefly in disarray and prone to attack from orcs and goblinoids swarming from Vaasa. He was saved only thanks to the actions of dragonhunters Pavel Shermov and Will Turnstone, a handful of his trusted officers and companions, and (quite unbelievably) an ancient vampiric dragon by the name of Brimstone. Having recovered from his ordeal, he once more lead his troops to victory against the forces of Vaasa, apparently slaying the Witch-King (who had arisen again) in single combat. In reality, Brimstone had conjured the illusion of an undead riding on his back, and he and Dragonsbane had planned the fight all along. It had a demoralising effect for the Vaasans which made victory easier.

25: The monastery of the Yellow rose is besieged by a score of chromatic dragons (The Rite)
Kythorn
25: Brimstone a former servant of Sammaster travels to Plane of Shadow with a group of Paladins and Dragon slayers and releases Gareth Dragonsbane soul. (The Rite)
Flamerule
8: Kara and Dorn travel to the metallic dragons hidden lair in the Galena Mountains, Tamarand is forced to kill Lareth, the metallic dragons king when he falls to the rage. (The Rite)
11: The metallic dragons leave their refuge in the Galena’s. They successfully attack and destroy the chromatic dragons besieging the Monastery of the Yellow rose (The Rite)
11: The Damarans battle the Orcs and giant army in Damara. Gareth leads the Damarans to victory when he and Brimstone trick “Zhengyi”’s army into believing he vanquished the Lich. (The Rite)

Voilà fellow scribes, hope it prooved useful.
Go to Top of Page

Jarlaxle Baerne
Acolyte

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  01:07:28  Show Profile  Visit Jarlaxle Baerne's Homepage Send Jarlaxle Baerne a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have one question if anyone can answer it, it would be apreciated.
What is this spellplague discribed in the beginning of RAS new book, one which occurs some where between the signing of the treaty and a hundred years from then which has left many city in ruin such as luskan?

With every kill i grow wiser, with added wisdom i grow stronger
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 05 Oct 2007 :  01:41:05  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jarlaxle Baerne

I have one question if anyone can answer it, it would be apreciated.
What is this spellplague discribed in the beginning of RAS new book, one which occurs some where between the signing of the treaty and a hundred years from then which has left many city in ruin such as luskan?

Most of the answers are going to be speculation at this point because it is the in game reason for the changes to 4e rules, so we can't give a exact this is what it is since the new material doesn't come out till next year and so far all we have is teasers. See the Grand History sourcebook that just came out or look through the threads about the Grand History.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2008 :  21:39:28  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey, does anyone know about the progress of the war in Amn? The war just sort of stopped as there's no recent updates about it in novels or sourcebooks.

Last I remember about it was when there was mention how a city in Amn (forgot the name) was under seige and two of the Council of Six members were trapped there.

"Trust in the shadows, for the bright way makes you an easy target." -Mask
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  00:33:23  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DDH_101

Hey, does anyone know about the progress of the war in Amn?

Yes. One of my characters more or less brought a stop to the Sythillisian conflict.

Of course, that's only in my Realms, not the "official" version.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  00:52:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hey, does anyone know about the progress of the war in Amn? The war just sort of stopped as there's no recent updates about it in novels or sourcebooks.
Have you read the various tidbits about the war in Power of Faerûn?

Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  02:52:58  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, it's been awhile. Lol.

I've sort of moved that stuff out of my brain to make room for physics and math.

Why, was there anything that stated the war has ended?

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2008 :  18:41:40  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sage, it's been awhile. Lol.

I've sort of moved that stuff out of my brain to make room for physics and math.

Why, was there anything that stated the war has ended?

As far as I know, not really. Although, if I recall correctly, there are some bits about the war in Jaleigh Johnson's recent novel, The Holwing Delve (nothing major!), and it was mentioned that Amn and the monster army came to some sort of uneasy truce.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

DDH_101
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1272 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2008 :  05:09:40  Show Profile  Visit DDH_101's Homepage Send DDH_101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ya, I read that novel too. In fact, the novel also mentions how Amn's view of magic may be changing as the Amnians know they don't have the power to defeat the monster army. If they're going to request allies or hire mercenaries, they're going to have to adjust to the fact that magic will be a big factor in defeating the monsters.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000