Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 Intuitive Attack an exalted feat??
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Neo2151
Learned Scribe

USA
113 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  08:13:13  Show Profile Send Neo2151 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Alright, anyone care to comment?
We've got Zen Archery that allows you to use your Wis modifier on attack rolls with ranged weapons instead of your Dex modifier. It's a general feat. Then there's Intuitive Attack in BoED that allows you to use your Wis modifier on attack rolls instead of Str on attacks made with natural weapons or simple weapons of your size. That's not even all simple weapons, and you have to have access to exalted feats to take it?! WHAT?? And then there's things like Purify Spell and Purify Spell-Like Ability which are metamagic and general feats respectively, and these have nothing to do with exalted feats?? Does this seem a little screwed up to anyone else?

"Come looking for me, and I will blast you to dust, and then lay waste to all your descendants, ancestors, and the realm you came from, every last tree and stone of it. Why? Well, it's what I usually do."

-Baerendra Riverhand on The Story of Spellfire

warlockco
Master of Realmslore

USA
1695 Posts

Posted - 01 Jun 2005 :  10:01:26  Show Profile  Visit warlockco's Homepage Send warlockco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alot of things are.

Look at Corrupt Spell in Complete Divine, and look at it in Champions of Ruin, completely different for the most part.

News of the Weird

D20 System Reference Document
D20 Modern System Reference Document
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2005 :  04:09:49  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Neo2151

Alright, anyone care to comment?
We've got Zen Archery that allows you to use your Wis modifier on attack rolls with ranged weapons instead of your Dex modifier. It's a general feat. Then there's Intuitive Attack in BoED that allows you to use your Wis modifier on attack rolls instead of Str on attacks made with natural weapons or simple weapons of your size. That's not even all simple weapons, and you have to have access to exalted feats to take it?! WHAT?? And then there's things like Purify Spell and Purify Spell-Like Ability which are metamagic and general feats respectively, and these have nothing to do with exalted feats?? Does this seem a little screwed up to anyone else?

Yeah, but considering that clerics have high WIS scores, are proficient with simple weapons, and (in my experience) tend to use one handed weapons for easier spellcasting or carrying a shield, it may have been considered too powerful for just a general feat. I do think that Purify Spell/Spell-Like Ability should have also been exalted feats.

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000