Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Chamber of Sages
 Questions for Erik Scott de Bie
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 53

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2007 :  20:40:50  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yay! Glad you enjoyed.

Best of luck -- though even if you don't win, you can buy a personalized/signed copy from me when the book goes on sale (so that I can buy copies myself at one of the bookstores in the area).

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

'Tis easier to destroy than to create.

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  00:07:22  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie

Yay! Glad you enjoyed.

Best of luck -- though even if you don't win, you can buy a personalized/signed copy from me when the book goes on sale (so that I can buy copies myself at one of the bookstores in the area).

Cheers

If I win , I would love to do an honest reveiw of it on Amazon.com , but as the spot directly to the right of Ghostwalker is lacking a certain something, I will still Buy a signed copy for my bookshelf!!!

Tally Ho!!! (A very fitting tie-in to our heroine, If you catch it)

edit: Sp

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963

Edited by - The Red Walker on 12 Feb 2007 00:09:41
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  03:05:29  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

If I win , I would love to do an honest reveiw of it on Amazon.com

Are you saying you *wouldn't* do an honest review if you didn't win?

i.e. "This author seems to have an odd fascination with goats," or "Twilight's really a man! EWW!" or something of the sort?

quote:
but as the spot directly to the right of Ghostwalker is lacking a certain something, I will still Buy a signed copy for my bookshelf!!!

Well then! We'll talk.

quote:
Tally Ho!!! (A very fitting tie-in to our heroine, If you catch it)

Hmm . . . I think I'm missing that one . . . ?

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Author of a number of Realms novels (GHOSTWALKER, DEPTHS OF MADNESS, and the SHADOWBANE series), contributor to the NEVERWINTER CAMPAIGN GUIDE and SHADOWFELL: GLOOMWROUGHT AND BEYOND, Twitch DM of the Dungeon Scrawlers, currently playing "The Westgate Irregulars"
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  03:31:25  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he's jokingly calling Twilight a "ho" (whore)?

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."
--Richard Greene (letter to Time)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Feb 2007 :  23:53:54  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rinonalyrna Fathomlin

For true? The dastard, to imply that Twilight would actually take part in something as vile as (almost) honest work -- at least, in so far as she was paid for doing something.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  04:12:55  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Milady....I would never do such a thing!!!

but.....I like the way you think!!!

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  04:26:02  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

For true? The dastard, to imply that Twilight would actually take part in something as vile as (almost) honest work -- at least, in so far as she was paid for doing something.

Cheers

Ahh....It makes me feel good to be labeled a Dastard by one who would know of such things!!! Not to mention hiding an Easter egg for someone who is quite fond of leaving them himself!
quote:

It is a phrase used by our British friends when on the hunt. The first hunter to catch sight of the Fox shouts out Tally Ho!!!

Since your contest gives us hope of catching a glimpse of the ellusive Twilight sooner rather that later I found it Apropos.

quote:
Are you saying you *wouldn't* do an honest review if you didn't win?

i.e. "This author seems to have an odd fascination with goats," or "Twilight's really a man! EWW!" or something of the sort?

Ohhh... I dont think I would be nearly that overt
I prefer to turn the tables and let your imagination fill in the spaces in between......Bwa Ha Ha

And your imagination seems fertile indeed.....unless you truely find goats facinating......I myself would prefer to be facinated by Rinonalyrna instead, but to each his own.
And as to your second example of Twlights being a man....I can see it now ......after Bars kisses Twilight, Derst says "That's not an Elfmaid....Thats a Man Baby!"

But alas, for all my bluffing I am still honest! But even with that in mind, desperate times call for desparate measures!

quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de BieWell then! We'll talk.

I'm all ears!

edit: forgot to spill beans on Tally Ho!!

Edited by - The Red Walker on 13 Feb 2007 04:40:41
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  15:47:18  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

It is a phrase used by our British friends when on the hunt. The first hunter to catch sight of the Fox shouts out Tally Ho!!!

Since your contest gives us hope of catching a glimpse of the ellusive Twilight sooner rather that later I found it Apropos.

Ah yes. Now I see!

Twilight is a rather elusive fox, despite the number of powerful people who may or may not be hunting her.

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Erik Scott de Bie Well then! We'll talk.

I'm all ears!

Well. Even *if* you don't win the free copy, I will still gladly pick up copies from bookstores to personalize, sign, and post out to my readers . . . for the standard cover price plus shipping. So a copy will cost a couple extra bucks (as though ordering from Amazon), but it'll be all nice and signed.

After the contest (and after the book shows up on the shelves), we can work out arrangements, if you like.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Edited by - Erik Scott de Bie on 13 Feb 2007 15:49:52
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 13 Feb 2007 :  23:18:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, you may be interested to know that I've turned several EV fans onto your upcoming Depths of Madness novel. After recent discussions popped up, on another forum that I frequent, about worthwhile fantasy books to read (and taking note of the fact that many of those posting were also EV fans), I directed them to your blog and to your discussions here about Depths. Needless to say, you've now got a whole bunch of new fans intrigued by the character of Twilight... Of course, some were already familiar with her from "The Greatest Treasure", and so, were only keen to learn more.

And, in a related side-note, the Lady K and I will be attending a concert on Thursday that just happens to feature a particular individual who formed part of your inspiration for the character of Twilight.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  00:23:11  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Milady....I would never do such a thing!!!

but.....I like the way you think!!!

Never claimed to have a pure mind.

Also, if I don't win the contest, I will gladly pay for a signed copy.

"Instead of asking why we sleep, it might make sense to ask why we wake. Perchance we live to dream. From that perspective, the sea of troubles we navigate in the workaday world might be the price we pay for admission to another night in the world of dreams."

Edited by - Rinonalyrna Fathomlin on 14 Feb 2007 00:24:52
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  00:29:30  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Erik, you may be interested to know that I've turned several EV fans onto your upcoming Depths of Madness novel. After recent discussions popped up, on another forum that I frequent, about worthwhile fantasy books to read (and taking note of the fact that many of those posting were also EV fans), I directed them to your blog and to your discussions here about Depths. Needless to say, you've now got a whole bunch of new fans intrigued by the character of Twilight... Of course, some were already familiar with her from "The Greatest Treasure", and so, were only keen to learn more.

How awesome! My "music ramblings" can have an unexpected effect, it seems. How radiant.

quote:
And, in a related side-note, the Lady K and I will be attending a concert on Thursday that just happens to feature a particular individual who formed part of your inspiration for the character of Twilight.

Ooh! Have a good time! Make sure to tell me how it was.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  00:31:35  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Also, if I don't win the contest, I will gladly pay for a signed copy.

Ha! Makes it sound like I'm charging for signatures.

But no, it wouldn't cost you any more than ordering from Amazon, say.

I'm also going to work out some system to have people send me books for me to sign, as well.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 14 Feb 2007 :  00:49:33  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ha! Makes it sound like I'm charging for signatures.

But no, it wouldn't cost you any more than ordering from Amazon, say.

I'm also going to work out some system to have people send me books for me to sign, as well.

Cheers

Cool! I think I can whip up a checkbook for you to "sign"!

Tally Ho!

Go to Top of Page

Copper Elven Vampire
Master of Realmslore

1078 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2007 :  09:41:32  Show Profile Send Copper Elven Vampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Ohhhhhhh Boy, what a scene!!!

I just read the sample chapter for Depths!!!(http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=products/frnovel/959727400)

Erik....you are a hell of a tease. I loved it.

Two lines stand out:

1) Now they were four: a sword, an axe, a caster, and a liar.

Hmmmm......I wonder who the liar is!! What a well turned phrase!!

2) They heard a devil’s bemused chuckle.

ooohhhhhhhhhhh.......I got chills down my Spine!!!

Nice job of letting us use our imaginations here to add that darkness we like so well in your work.

P.S. I cannot wait for This Book!

P.S.S. I told my wife if I win a copy in your contest, I am going to seranade her with a rousing rendition of " I've got a Golden Ticket!"

I would assume the "Liar" would be a most devoted follower of Erevan Ilesere by the frivolous name of Fox-at-Twilight. At least I beg and hope Erevan it's so. Could I be right?

(I haven't read beneath this quote yet)
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2007 :  15:35:31  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Copper Elven Vampire

I would assume the "Liar" would be a most devoted follower of Erevan Ilesere by the frivolous name of Fox-at-Twilight. At least I beg and hope Erevan it's so. Could I be right?

Why yes, you could indeed, and in fact, you are!

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2007 :  23:36:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, as per your request, my email has been sent!

Edited by - The Sage on 19 Feb 2007 23:36:59
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2007 :  23:53:27  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, my promised update my be a little late. Something else has come up.

I'll get to it early next week.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2007 :  01:57:01  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No worries.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  00:38:50  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, do you think that "That Time Of The Tenday" will be available before Depths arrives?

Not sure how much longer I can hold out on 'light withdrawl!

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2007 :  15:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Erik, do you think that "That Time Of The Tenday" will be available before Depths arrives?

Not sure how much longer I can hold out on 'light withdrawl!

No idea -- it's up to the Wizards webfolk.

As I recall, "Wayfarer" didn't appear until a couple weeks after Ghostwalker, so it's entirely possible "TToTT" (neat how that works out) won't show up until after some folks have already read {i}Depths[/i].

It technically occurs before, but as it's a companion piece (or, at least, that's the intention) you can read it at any point and understand it on different levels depending on how far you are in the book (or even if you haven't started the book).

I'm kinda hoping for next week, but we'll see.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2007 :  15:14:20  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

No idea -- it's up to the Wizards webfolk.

As I recall, "Wayfarer" didn't appear until a couple weeks after Ghostwalker, so it's entirely possible "TToTT" (neat how that works out) won't show up until after some folks have already read {i}Depths[/i].

It technically occurs before, but as it's a companion piece (or, at least, that's the intention) you can read it at any point and understand it on different levels depending on how far you are in the book (or even if you haven't started the book).

I'm kinda hoping for next week, but we'll see.

Cheers

Drat those Wizards of the Web!!

Hmmmmpphh....I used to know a handy spell that would take care of them.....fireball....Now how did that go....

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2007 :  04:37:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erik, I'm done.

'Tis sent. Let me know if it's all okay?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2007 :  06:20:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oh, BTW, my copy of Depths of Madness actually did arrive today, an hour ago in fact.

And I loved the 'Acknowledgments'. 'Tis another win for Candlekeep!

Edited by - The Sage on 12 Mar 2007 06:28:52
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2007 :  14:32:10  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

'Tis sent. Let me know if it's all okay?

I figure it will take a day or so before it shows up on my account -- I'll let you know when it clears and whatnot.

quote:
Oh, BTW, my copy of Depths of Madness actually did arrive today, an hour ago in fact.

Like magic. ;)

quote:
And I loved the 'Acknowledgments'. 'Tis another win for Candlekeep!

Quite welcome.

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 12 Mar 2007 :  14:35:22  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The DoM webstory, "That Time of the Tenday," appears to be up, if not yet linked to their book publishing page (you can find it on the product page for Depths).

http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_depthsofmadnessstory

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  09:36:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

My copy of Depths of Madness arrived today (just in time, as i'll be taking a short break away for a couple of days), so just wanted to thank ye Erik for the acknowledgement to Candlekeep 'tis much appreciated and we're most honored to have a mention in thy tome.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2007 :  15:34:21  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well met

My copy of Depths of Madness arrived today (just in time, as i'll be taking a short break away for a couple of days), so just wanted to thank ye Erik for the acknowledgement to Candlekeep 'tis much appreciated and we're most honored to have a mention in thy tome.

You are very welcome, and very much deserving.

My thanks goes out to all the scribes here at the Keep, without whom my writing would not be what it is today.

Cheers

P.S. Best wishes on your break!

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

Rinonalyrna Fathomlin
Great Reader

USA
7106 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2007 :  00:01:53  Show Profile  Visit Rinonalyrna Fathomlin's Homepage Send Rinonalyrna Fathomlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

My thanks goes out to all the scribes here at the Keep, without whom my writing would not be what it is today.

Yes indeed, I thought that little acknowledgement was totally cool.

Go to Top of Page

Erik Scott de Bie
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
4598 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2007 :  23:43:09  Show Profile  Visit Erik Scott de Bie's Homepage Send Erik Scott de Bie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There is an *Interview* about Depths up on the Wizards site. It gives a little insight into the various characters and whatnot -- check it out!

http://ww2.wizards.com/Books/Wizards/?doc=fr_depthsofmadnessinterview

Cheers

Erik Scott de Bie

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2007 :  00:43:49  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right, now... after a slight delay [caused by the fact that my Lady read through it first!], I've finally started Depths. Erik, I'll chime in on the Book Club discussions soon enough.

Edited by - The Sage on 27 Mar 2007 00:44:51
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 53 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000